Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2627.html)

Rash driving by a cop's son results in death of a woman in Hanamkonda, Telangana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69hqOhO9qm4&t=68s

Link to the news article

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 5672561)
Rash driving by a cop's son results in death of a woman in Hanamkonda, Telangana.

It almost seems like a murder and I can't stop to wonder what the driver was thinking!

As per the article, there was delay in registering the case and the police are being accused of watering down the case as the driver is a minor , who's son of a Excise Circle Inspector. The police are stating that the delay was due to the shortage of staff due to ongoing elections.

The accident underscores the paramountcy of being alert on even a deserted road because an idiot driver can come at any moment. :Frustrati

Very true.

It has become now pedestrian's responsibility to save himself or herself from such stupid drivers.

Over & above the corrupt officials try to protect the culprits.

Very sorry state of affairs.

Another unfortunate loss of life by an idiot who has not had a single day's training in correct driving procedures.
A majority of our car drivers are folks who have riden two wheelers and drive cars like they are driving a motorcycle.
Here too - The guy was trying to overtake from the left. An unnecessary move and unnecessary accident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vijay T (Post 5672741)

It has become now pedestrian's responsibility to save himself or herself from such stupid drivers.

Regrettable but sadly such are the facts. When you are on the road, it does not matter if you are a pedestrian, a cyclist, 2 wheeler or a four wheeler. We must always be careful and aware of things happening around us. Idiots are everywhere and we must try our best to guard our safety and not leave it to others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 5669418)
Today I was a bad driver resulting in an accident that left me with a banged-up bonnet and a bruised ego.

Appreciate you on 2 counts.
1. It takes a large man to accept his mistakes and tell the story as his. Most people always either cite it either the other driver's fault or at least partial involvement of the other driver, even in our own forum...
2. You owning up and settling for the damages.

I sincerely wish we had more such drivers on our roads. Safe driving!

While my condolences go to the family of the bereaved, there are a lot of people in the wrong here. Unfortunately she paid with her life and probably the driver will too.

1. There is a two-wheeler riding bang in the middle of the road.
2. The lady is standing/moving on the road.
3. Two wheelers parked on either side of the road which doesn't look like designated parking areas.
4. An untrained and illegal driver (There are mentions of the driver being minor.)
5. In which case, the parent who allowed the vehicle to be driven by a minor.

All of these things are wrong. But chalta hai in India.

Someone mentioned that it has now become the pedestrian's responsibility to be safe. It is not just now. It is always your responsibility to keep yourself and your loved ones safe safe.

Truly sad. But this wont be last of such accidents unless everyone exercises some civic sense. I just hope her family finds the strength to cope.

Quote:

Very true.

Over & above the corrupt officials try to protect the culprits.

Very sorry state of affairs.

Not to mention the poorly designed roads which are extremely pedestrian unfriendly. Lack of footpaths, absent of ill-maintained FOBs/underpasses, lack of signages, encroachments on FPs etc.

Anyone who stays or has been to Noida can vouch for the most idiotic, stupidly painted zebra crossings!! On one side, they end up in the median. How on earth are people suppose to cross the median which are like 3 to 3.5 feet high!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 5672561)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69hqOhO9qm4&t=68s

Link to the news article

Really sad to see this. Its indeed become the responsibility of the pedestrain to save ourselves from such morons.

I always walk facing the oncoming traffic. I never walk on my left side on the same side of the traffic. If I have to cross the road to do this, so be it. It atleast gives you the visibility and the opportunity to run to the shoulder of the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poised2drive (Post 5672589)
It almost seems like a murder and I can't stop to wonder what the driver was thinking!
:Frustrati

I agree. There was no way to squeeze in, only deliberate knocking off a living person dead is the conclusion.
Minor or not minor our laws must make judgments based of the situation. The age thing has proved to be useless in rash driving and rape incidents.

Quote:

Truly horrible to watch. I can't imagine the mental state of the gentleman (her husband?) who dropped her off and was trying to park his bike while the woman was struck fatally from behind.

The car is 100% to blame ( going too fast for such a narrow road, seemingly distracted since he didn't even slow down while headed straight into the pedestrian) but I can't help but reflect on the other factors in play here.

I'm not quite sure why the scooter carrying the woman parked on the wrong side. If he had stuck to his side of the road, this disaster would have been averted.

And I'm not sure why the woman turned her back to the traffic and was strolling along casually like that. While the car driver had no business ramming into her like he did, if she was facing the traffic she could have at least tried to take evasive action.

Waste of a life.

I'm shocked at how careless the driver was. I mean I'm very much for pedestrians being responsible and trying to do their part to stay safe, and I'm tired of scooters riding in the middle of the road - but for goddsakes this is CRAZY. The guy had AGES to react, there was good visibility, there was barely anything besides that bike obstructing his view. What on earth was he thinking? Was sunlight blinding him or something (still no excuse for the speed at which he was coming)

A car rammed a BMTC bus from behind and caught fire. The fire spread to the BMTC bus.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0a8yY7vadw/

This happened a day ago, so surprised is not discussed here yet.

Deve Gowda's D-in-L's car got into a minor accident with a biker on a state highway. There's no confirmation of who was to be blamed (I personally think the 2 wheeler), so will let that rest.

This being India, in any other accident, the 4 wheeler would have been summarily judged as the culprit and forced to cough up the damages. The media would have blamed the 'overspeeding Vellfire' as the headline. Again, a lone female surrounded by so many gentlemen would likely have made her peace and secured her exit in a hurry.

But again, this is India. The rules of 'natural justice of Indian roads' can go take a hike, if it involves a powerful politician's kin. The usually militant 2 wheeler community is docile here. The 2 wheeler rider is asked to cough up Rs 50 lakhs with some sane advice - if you are keen to die, try going under a bus!
The police dutifully filed a case against the 2 wheeler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzMN4qG7fSo

https://www.deccanherald.com/india/k...evanna-2795871

PS: I like the 'mechanical affinity' the lady has for her car, but that stench of tone-deaf entitlement is just overwhelmng.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dust-n-bones (Post 5674481)
This happened a day ago, so surprised is not discussed here yet.

Deve Gowda's D-in-L's car got into a minor accident with a biker on a state highway. There's no confirmation of who was to be blamed (I personally think the 2 wheeler), so will let that rest.

PS: I like the 'mechanical affinity' the lady has for her car, but that stench of tone-deaf entitlement is just overwhelmng.

What do you think you would do when someone just rams into your 1.5cr car when you were just minding your business? Treat them to some food and let them go? Keeping my political bias aside I dont think the issue is as bad as it was hyped. I saw the raw video of the incident and the fault was with the biker. There was a vehicle on the opposite side next to her car and the biker came on the oncoming lane straight into her car and banged it. When mistake is clearly on the other party, it is natural for her to vent out her frustration on the biker.

All she meant was the biker was on a suicidal mission to come onto the wrong side and against her car. Hence that comment about going under a bus if he really wanted to die. I believe anyone in that position, especially when the fault was not on their side clearly would be equally harsh and demanding. If I remember the numbers clearly, she just mentioned that the car costed 1.5Cr and not explicitly demanding some money from the biker. She just questioned who would pay for the incurred damages.

This incident has just been overhyped and labelled as entitlement or whatever, but that would be the case if her car was the erring party and they tried to cover it up with all the influence and power. This is the issue with our country - Sympathising with an erring party just because the other party is richer and belongs to an influential family.