Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-262.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 1599764)
I ve heard that BMTC Volvo drivers need to pay from their pocket if they break something in the bus like a mirror, a panel or a windshield, but am not sure if this is enforced in reality.

What will happen if a volvo driver manages to total a whole bus?:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonirohit (Post 1600775)
What will happen if a volvo driver manages to total a whole bus?:Shockked:

Probably he would have to work without salary and forego his pension for the rest of his life ! On a more serious note, I believe they take insurance for the Volvo buses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhorn (Post 1600827)
Probably he would have to work without salary and forego his pension for the rest of his life ! On a more serious note, I believe they take insurance for the Volvo buses.

Yep they do. Remember when a mob torched a Volvo in Bangalore and insurance covered most of it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1599759)
Or it means the drivers here do not get perks like MH ST drivers get. Accolades for 5 years of accident free driving and pay from pocket even if a mirror is broken and suspension for everything else. Atleast that was what it used to be. Dunno now.

BMTC Drivers (Not sure of Ka SRTC, as a whole) are rewarded for accident free service. During my stay in Bangalore, a driver had mentioned that only drivers with atleast 5 years of accident free driving are given Volvos. (Am not sure of this, though).

Almost every state run corporation now holds employees responsible for minor damages to their buses - major damages/totalled buses are often handled by insurance people. Minor dents, broken mirrors, scratches, etc are often charged on drivers.

This is the only reason why State transport drivers have mellowed down a lot - atleast Kerala SRTC drivers have cooled a lot, compared to their earlier style.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaiks (Post 1601121)
Almost every state run corporation now holds employees responsible for minor damages to their buses - major damages/totalled buses are often handled by insurance people. Minor dents, broken mirrors, scratches, etc are often charged on drivers.

would it not give an incentive to the SRTC drivers to totall their buses?stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonirohit (Post 1601249)
would it not give an incentive to the SRTC drivers to totall their buses?stupid:

Guess not unless they want to commit suicide !:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonirohit (Post 1601249)

Yeah! Sure!

The incentive would in the form of "removal from service", and "losing all separation benefits". In some cases, where the accident is serious, even suspension/termination of driving license, as well. If this forms a good incentive, then the driver could surely try totalling the beast entrusted to him.

lol:

Folks,

I had gone through a wierd incident, I dont want to call it an accident though! I came out without a scratch from this incident. A huge tamarind tree fell on the car while in movement. The car was a red Zen Estilo!

The B-Pillar obviously saved me that day and all praise to God! :)

Lucky you. That was too close :Shockked:! The title of you post was correct : my life - II part).

dude, you are really lucky! Mus have been really shocking to suddenly find a tree on top of the car! :eek:

:Shockked: Seesh that was a close shave ! What about your car? Is it gone for total loss?

Thats sheer nanosecond luck mate. I've seen camel fallen onto cars in Saudi Arabia, crushing even those heavy metalled american cars and this one is not too far from that. And Zen has withstood the crush quite well IMO. (Top Crush Zone?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anachronix (Post 1603707)
Folks,

I had gone through a wierd incident, I dont want to call it an accident though! I came out without a scratch from this incident. A huge tamarind tree fell on the car while in movement. The car was a red Zen Estilo!

You are one lucky fella. You owe your zen big time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anachronix (Post 1603707)
Folks,

you are one lucky guy mate, owe to your zen which did saved your all life.Shocking to see a tree falling on a spinning car.:Shockked:

A idiotic lorry driver whose lorry broke down claimed two lives. The driver has parked it in the middle of the road without any indicators for other motorists.
The driver of the car apparently could not see the stationary lorry and rammed it from behind. While the driver and his friend died, one lady has been admitted to hospital with serious injuries. The accident occurred on Mysore Road near Maddur. Why cannot our police take stringent action on these morons?:Frustrati