Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2602.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorsan (Post 5628326)
Bus fishtails in wet road, knocks car off the road to a ditch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sravankrishnan (Post 5628617)
...possibly because of that genius pedestrian walking on the road even though there was enough space on his right.

It seems the path on the right of the pedestrian is filled with water or mud, hence, no choice for him but to walk on the road.
However, he indeed is a genius and alert road user. Observe him looking over his shoulder when the Terrano crossed him, like he had an intuition that something is about to happen (or simply because one of the vehicles honked, I don't know). And the moment bus hits the car, he starts to run first and then looks back to see what happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMichael (Post 5628058)
Similar incident, a police vehicle overtaking on a blind curve. Luckily, I was in sedate speed and had just enough room towards my left to move to.

If that is the way you drive always, then hats off. You have shown amazing patience to drive just around or below 60kmph in the entire clip. During my drives to Udupi from Bangalore and back, I see many idiots trying to do 85 or 90kmph on these roads.

Three accidents now on this thread makes me feel sadistically happy. And sad, at the same time. While it vindicates my stand against overtaking from left, blah, blah, it also shows how we Indians are so unwilling to learn. In the Thar accident, at first sight it does look like the Swift was also slightly driven on the edge considering the conditions and possibly was aware of the cars behind. But a second look gives an impression he was trying to avoid the accident as much. But I won't blame him for the accident. It is highly arguable whether the Swift could have done anything at all to avoid the accident, the Thar surely could have.

I recently had a KiA Seltos guy pulling a similar maneuver overtaking about 5 or 6 cars in a crowded road as though he is entitled. Makes my blood boil. In general, I have seen that folks with the CSUV/SUV form factor are the major culprits followed by those driving "cult" Cars known for their power delivery. And as a citizen, I surely don't have an iota of hope that things will improve. With more money flowing into the hands of the younger generations, I see only more and more of such entitled driving. Sad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar (Post 5628651)
It seems the path on the right of the pedestrian is filled with water or mud, hence, no choice for him but to walk on the road.
However, he indeed is a genius and alert road user. Observe him looking over his shoulder when the Terrano crossed him, like he had an intuition that something is about to happen (or simply because one of the vehicles honked, I don't know). And the moment bus hits the car, he starts to run first and then looks back to see what happened.

Not just mud and water, most likely a viper too (in the thick undergrowth during rains). Most kerala roads leave no room for pedestrians and as a result we have situations like this. All the more reason to slow down and stick to lane not just on curves but every where.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 5628595)
Received on WA about a fatal fire accident on Bangalore - Mysore Highway. No further details.

Attachment 2505925

XUV300?

Looking at the alloys, it seems to be Hyundai i20. Wondering what caused the fire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 5628407)
But isn't the SUV the culprit in first place?

Don't you think the bus driver applied brake seeing the car cutting across his lane and to avoid hitting it, and that caused the bus to drift.

Rightly pointed out.The Terrano was slightly to the right side of the empty road (the white dividing line), till its driver suddenly saw the bus and swerved to the road's left. At first sight, the bus driver saw the Terrano moving towards the right and must have applied brakes to save the situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTC (Post 5628764)
Looking at the alloys, it seems to be Hyundai i20. Wondering what caused the fire.

Nope, Mahindra XUV 300 or 400.

Quote:

Don't you think the bus driver applied brake seeing the car cutting across his lane and to avoid hitting it, and that caused the bus to drift.

I disagree sir.

SUV was slightly off lane because he /she was trying to maintain a safe distance from the pedestrian walking in opposite direction. At the time of impact, car was in its lane.

Both the vehicles were doing average speeds, difficult to blame anyone. I find these contributing factors, wet Road, Lack of ABS in bus?

Regretfully, I would blame the poor pedestrian. He was walking on the road, I assume that the the soil beside the road was wet and muddy.

We need better pedestrian walkways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 5628595)
Received on WA about a fatal fire accident on Bangalore - Mysore Highway. No further details.

Another case of reckless driving leading into a fiery crash...
https://starofmysore.com/former-sold...on-expressway/

Quote:

After quite a few replays I believe both are at fault.

Bus driver was over speeding on a curve in wet conditions. That's why he couldn't control his bus under hard braking.

Terrano driver was not only over speeding, he went into bus lane for a second which caused bus driver to apply hard brake. We can say Terrano was unlucky but they contributed equally in this mishap. I hope no injuries happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiagoatrix (Post 5629004)
Regretfully, I would blame the poor pedestrian. He was walking on the road, I assume that the the soil beside the road was wet and muddy.
We need better pedestrian walkways.

It is easy to blame anything under planet earth as the cause of an accident. The ground reality is always different. It is not practical to have a pedestrian walkways all across the country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 5629027)
Terrano driver was not only over speeding..

Not sure how do you infer if it was over speeding by just looking at a mere average quality CCTV visual.

Regarding this accident, the maneuvers both of them did is very common and that is the way of life in KL roads. If you have driven in KL roads, you would have done the same umpteen times.

The only reason for this accident is both of them did not account for one factor and how their vehicles would behave in that condition - i.e Wet road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 5629052)
It is not practical to have a pedestrian walkways all across the country.

I always thought it ought to be fairly straightforward to expect most roads to come with space on either side for pedestrians or even to pull over if it is a country road/state highway. Just out of curiosity, could you explain why it is impractical to expect pedestrian walkways in our country?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 5629104)
could you explain why it is impractical to expect pedestrian walkways in our country?

One reason is - roads such as these (panchayat roads) are developed, constructed and maintained by state PWD using grant funds like PM-GSY or MP/MLA LADS. The money is almost always insufficient so corners like shoulder space, pedestrian walkways, drainage system etc. are cut routinely.

Quote:

With the recent rains, there seems to be a sudden increase in the number of accidents in Kerala.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM51G_Ve_WI
People lacking understanding of the driving dynamics in wet roads.

In a state highways of this kind, I feel nothing amiss. These are ideal situations, including the speeds, limited width two lane, a blind curve, wet tarmac, water puddle on the shoulders, pedestrian on the road, SUV drifting onto oncoming lane (briefly) to keep safe distance from the Pedestrian. And for the Bus driver, I am sure this is not the first time to see an oncoming vehicle on the middle of the road, round the corner. All I guess is, Bus driver had over reacted to the given situation. Had he took off his foot from the brake pedal a little earlier, the mammoth machine would have behaved better.

Quote:

With the recent rains, there seems to be a sudden increase in the number of accidents in Kerala.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM51G_Ve_WI
People lacking understanding of the driving dynamics in wet roads.

It seems that the major contributing factor to the slide was the condition of the bus tyre combined with rains. With bald tyres, any speed is asking for trouble in rains. In my opinion, the bus driver showed remarkable skills in controlling the fishtail without crashing into the adjacent wall. If there is any mistake that the driver has done intentionally, it is driving a bus with such tyres.

We've blamed the bus driver, the Terrano driver, the pedestrian, the road builders and the bus maintenance crew so far. Who's gonna add their mother-in-law to the list?