Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-255.html)

Some more crashed Hyundais.The 4th pic is NOT my car.

This Swift caught fire near my office, not sure how this happened, I think that it rear ended some other vehicle and then caught fire.

This is near Unitech Cyber Park, Gurgaon, Sector 39.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-03112009158.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-03112009157.jpg

bubby, that swift looks badly damaged, must be some shortcircuit with some electricals to burn that front end like this.

Hi,
Just saw a heck of an accident, a totalled indigo at lower parel bridge at phoenix mills. There wasn't any other damaged vehicle in the vicinity. How it toppled is just strange, any idea???

Heres the link to the video i uploaded. I don't no how to integrate it in the post.
YouTube - accident at lower parel

I saw this Optra 2.0 Diesel at a local garage in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1570167)
Surely, there's been some looting of parts after the accident? I shudder to imagine what kind of crash would leave a car in this state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 1570274)
The Optra seems to be lying around for a long time. I am sure a number of parts have been salvaged.

Hey! How did you know it was an Optra Diesel? The engine is missing. Did you have a look at the badges at the rear end?

The parts have not been stolen.

This car has been declared as a total loss by Chevrolet.

It has been lying at a local Garage for about a week now, due to which it is in such a state.

The engine had been removed just one day ago.

The entire front right side of the car would be replaced by cutting the section and welding a new one in place.

The person driving the car was alone and managed to escape unscathed.

I saw the TCDI badges, hence I know that its a diesel.

EDIT:

The Good part: As per the mechanics at the scene, the car would be bought back into shape within 10 days or so. At a cost of about Rs: 1-1.5 lacs.
The engine and other parts are in the dismantling process so as to carry out the repair.

The Sad part: This Total loss vehicle would be sold to an unsuspecting buyer.

this bus has swallowed 34 people where the bus has fallen into the valley and it was fully occupied by the people.

Source : e e n a d u . n e t - h e a r t * & * s o u l * o f * a n d h r a

Was checking the collection , i think I have forgotten to post this snap before

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1568912)
Looks like it hit the divider or something.

The Indigo was traveling towards Mahalaxmi when it hit a white NHC ZX going towards Dadar at apparently, a very high speed. The front right fender of the NHC had completely disappeared but surprisingly nothing else seemed to be damaged.

Here's one more snap of the Indigo. (No snaps of the Honda since I was in a rush)

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1570448)
If it is a total loss, how is it being dismantled?

and if cost of repair is 1.5lacs (surely much lesser than the IDV) - how is it a total loss??

It was declared as a total loss by the Service Center, Therefore the owner simply did not go in for an insurance claim.

The car remains clean in the insurance papers and service history at the Service Center.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitronium (Post 1570473)
I dont see how that Optra can be repaired. You'd have to fabricate the whole front of the car and that's not going to look thorough at all. And the i suspect such an impact would have ruined the body cage?

You are right, the body cage has suffered a severe blow and needs a replacement, But since it is expensive, the car was declared as a total loss by the Service Center.

The owner simply dumped the car at a local garage, for it to be repaired.

The entire front right section of the car would be cut using gas welding and then replaced.

The crash / road worthiness of the car would go in for a complete toss.

But yet it would be a clean car in the papers and then it would be sold off to an unsuspecting buyer.

Saw this ;
There were 5 people in the car.Driver has huge cut on the head but he is all secure , and also all others escaped unhurt.The car is said to be travelling at around 70kmph when it hit the bus.Thank God they were not in a Tin Box .

Here is another pic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1574313)
Just heard on TV about a hit and run case in Noida. Some some gruesome pictures too. 3 killed 4 injured. Drivers drunk. Fled the scene after a few were confirmed dead. All passengers belonging to the same family. Cars were in bad condition. Anyone following this ?

Actually a "supposedly drunk" drive moved down people sleeping on the pavement
'Drunk' youth in speeding car mows down 3 in Noida - Delhi - City - The Times of India

A young Software Engineer who brought a new bike with his first salary crashed into a tree. He was driving without helmet and licence. He had gone to dinner with friends and girlfriend. While returning, he lost control and crashed into a tree. His girl friend managed to escape with few injuries.

No. He did not survive. He sustained severe head injuries. On the way to hospital, he died. It is ironic that we have money to buy bikes. But no money to buy helmet and other safety gear. Some fellow bhipian has said that crushing lemons and breaking coconut makes them invincible.