Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2536.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkponders (Post 5548078)
I am shocked that the car just spun in the air !

Me too!

I'm not going back to the video to further check, but I think that what might have happened is that the relatively minor (for the car) collision, and/or the driver's reaction, brought the car side on to the direction of travel and inertia took over. Give it a helping hand, and physics can flip our cars horribly easily!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 5548137)
Me too!

I'm not going back to the video to further check, but I think that what might have happened is that the relatively minor (for the car) collision, and/or the driver's reaction, brought the car side on to the direction of travel and inertia took over. Give it a helping hand, and physics can flip our cars horribly easily!

Thanks, sounds to be a plausible reason.. Appalling body weight aspects. Its time Indian Govt. enforces stronger and credible safety norms. Yes, cars would get expensive but lives can be saved. And also, people should junk the choice for jazzy screens and features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalin1 (Post 5546197)

But what was the Venue driver doing? :eek:

There is another aspect to be kept in mind while overtaking small trailers such as bullock carts and tractors with implements behind. Their turning radius is quite small and while turning the rear invariably flings out. One has to be careful with animal driven transports as the animal can swing left or right panicking from any noise such as a horn etc. So a extra gap needs to be maintained between the two vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad (Post 5545493)

1. They have driven faster than me. Not once but multiple times.
2. They own a motorcycle that I never rode. I started off with 100 cc and ended with a 150 cc.

These two must be the strangest arguments that I have ever seen to not blast a moron on the road. How does it matter if he rides/drives faster than me or others on the road? He/she is too fast for the conditions. Well at 200/300 ideal conditions only in your dreams.

They own a bike you never rode?? So, that by default makes him a master on the road? :D. That makes him an even bigger idiot that he does not know how to ride a bike that he owns!.

Please see the my dash cam video of an accident : my u turn was in a hurry, but what about the speed at which Duster was coming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hWdB0IfhNE

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuriancm (Post 5549851)
Please see the my dash cam video of an accident : my u turn was in a hurry, but what about the speed at which Duster was coming?

The duster was fast but I would put most of the blame on this accident on you.

That was a U Turn taken without even a stop and check.

What happened to the poor boy sitting on the bike. You crashed straight into him.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-capture.jpg

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hWdB0IfhNE

I am sorry, but it was not an accident. It was an incident which was 200% avoidable by just following the basics.

But it has been done, get over it and please be more cautious out on the road. Do take some tutorials or go through few You-Tube videos for defensive driving.

You may go through this thread & other threads in Road Safety.

Quote:

what about the speed at which Duster was coming?

What about it? This was entirely avoidable and the blame for this accident is squarely on you.

Quote:

my u turn was in a hurry, but what about the speed at which Duster was coming?

We need at least 3-4 seconds of clearance to cross across a lane. Duster was already at the intersection, so you could've waited for it to cross and then take the U turn.
Even by right of way rules, U turn has the least priority.

Quote:

my u turn was in a hurry, but what about the speed at which Duster was coming

What about the speed at which Duster was coming?? It is a 4 lane dual carriageway highway. By the looks of it, it must be NH44. Considering this, the speed of the duster was within limits IMO.

What about your turn...absolutely careless, dangerous and "I own the road" kind of driving. Due to this, other road users like that Duster and innocent people like that kid have to suffer.

After all this, I must admire your bravery to come and put it out on the internet probably expecting someone to reinforce your misconception that the Duster was too fast!

Hello Team BHPians,

This is my first post on the forum, and I would like to share my experience of an accident I have gone through, to take an opinion of the forum.

This happened back in 2016 when I had my R15 v2 2013. My dad got me the bike when I turned 18, took it to several road trips and practiced safe driving and safety gear (at least helmet) 100% of the times. Every person in my circle would ask me why you require a helmet for such short distance.

Had a few incidents myself and very well all that gear saved me from any major injury. I would like to take your opinion on one such incident.

It was evening time around 8:00 PM, I was headed to my friend's place, I merged into the highway from the city, if anyone knows Viviana Mall, Thane, so here there is one bridge ending and around 500 m later there is another bridge starting. So, I was supposed to get on the bridge and was towards the right most lane to merge into the traffic getting off the bridge ending and further be in the 3rd lane of a 6-lane highway (will attach the google map photo for reference). So here the red dot marked in the image is where, there is a underpass from which people cross the highway, this underpass has been closed the by the officials citing that there is a skywalk hardly 100 mts ahead. Then too people come by bending the barricade and crossing the road illegally. Unfortunately, one such person came running to cross the street and we collided even after repeated honking and headlights. Maybe the person froze in between the road. I was thrown away from my bike like a projectile and landed and rolled over a few times. I stood up with no major injury and a few bruises. it almost felt like a crash from GTA in FPS. Thanks to my helmet HJC CL 16, a SNELL certified helmet, I was able to survive the accident easily. as accounted by an eyewitness (auto rickshaw).

I immediately went to check on the person leaving my bike on the road which had incurred damage. the person was on the side of the road and was bleeding from his head, people had already gathered, and one kind soul picked up my bike and handed me the keys. The auto rikshaw guy was still there I asked him if he can help me take the guy to the hospital to which he agreed. I took him to the nearest hospital, which was Jupiter specialty, one of the major hospitals in the city. On the way, I asked him if he had someone who he could call to pay for his expenses since I was not earning pennies and depended on my father. The guy said he was alone in the city with his siter and was the sole bread earner. I readily assumed that I would have to bear the expenses. i called a few friends and told them about the incident.

Reaching the hospital, I asked the doctors to first attend the person bleeding from the head since seemed fine and required only a tetanus. The other person required a few stitches on his head. Then came the worst part where in my friends came in and asked me about the mob waiting outside. to which i responded I don't have a clue. Later we realized that mob was the entire chawl and they had also come in with a cop they know who asked me to give the statement that I was guilty, to which my friends reiterated the incident and told him it is illegal to cross the road from there to which he dint budge and asked me to sign the statement. We refused. the entire mob was asking us to pay all his medical bills, we agreed to pay the initial expenses.

Please note Jupiter is one of the best hospitals in Thane, my friends were of the opinion that I should have taken him to a government hospital and asked him to pay. In the moment I did not think that was right. Later my friends calmed the mob (no one from the mob was related to him, they did not even allow me to talk to his sister)

Here I just need your opinion in the current situation who is at fault ?

Next day itself my bike was fixed and sold off by my dad.

So, I just want to know how that is being a safe rider on the road and taking all the precautions, still we end up in fault and the police always side with the person injured.

Correct me if I am wrong, I still do think that it was the persons fault which led to my parents never allowing me to have a motorcycle again in my life.

P.S: I am looking forward to getting my first car VW Virtus soon :cool:

Quote:

Please see the my dash cam video of an accident

As most of the members already suggested, this could have been prevented only if you had pressed the brake and taken 2-3 seconds to go forward. The first thing we learned as a fundamental when we started walking and later driving was to wait, look left, look right, and then proceed further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 5549925)
It is a 4 lane dual carriageway highway. By the looks of it, it must be NH44.

Road signs of Shamirpet, IPE etc. suggests that it is Siddipet/Karimnagar road. Probably this junction: https://goo.gl/maps/9UvkFKMrqJt2wUCQ9

Quote:

but what about the speed at which Duster was coming?

I am just curious to get an update on the injuries caused to the poor kid. Is he okay?

Quote:

my u turn was in a hurry...

As other esteemed forum members have already remarked, u-turns, merging onto main roads, crossing junctions etc should never be done in a hurry.

I really hope you do not get defensive and instead learn from this mistake as it can prove to be quite fatal.

Hope no one was seriously injured.