Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2520.html)

Truck Hits Law Minster's Car In Jammu And Kashmir, No One Injured

Source: NDTV

Quote:

Law Minister Kiren Rijiju has escaped unhurt after his car was hit by a truck in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, said the police.

A fully loaded truck hit his car near Ramban along Jammu- Srinagar highway, said cops.
From the position of the truck and Scorpio, seems more like Scorpio hit the truck from behind. I think Scorpio driver failed to account for the trajectory of the truck's rear corner (which was turning towards left to give pass to the sirens blaring vehicles).

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20230408_232958.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaster (Post 5526143)
Mistakes on Bus driver

With hindsight, and all are wiser with hindsight, I wonder what would have happened if the bus driver kept on going straight or turned the other way instead of moving into oncoming traffic in an attempt to "cut" in-front of the two-wheeler?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 5526169)
I am an ardent believer that buses are a mode of transport that have no business continuing to exist in the 21st century. .

Wow, that is some statement!!! Care to elaborate on that one?

regards kaps454

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoNoob (Post 5526854)
Truck Hits Law Minster's Car In Jammu And Kashmir, No One Injured

Source: NDTV

From the position of the truck and Scorpio, seems more like Scorpio hit the truck from behind. I think Scorpio driver failed to account for the trajectory of the truck's rear corner (which was turning towards left to give pass to the sirens blaring vehicles).

I agree! A more neutral headline would be 'Law Min's car hits truck, no injuries'.

Even the other video tweeted by the Law Min, linked in the article, shows that there was a big cavalcade comprising several pilot vehicles. I fail to see how a truck could have hit the protectee car in such a situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capri89 (Post 5526550)
A mishap. Fortunately, no serious damage. So, I believe.

https://youtu.be/O0m2NKPh5Ac

A stark reminder on how we are surrounded by inconsiderate souls!

How could a person knowingly injure another fellow on road, entirely due to self stupidity and go on unapologetically as if no care in the world.
Pathetic attitude complementing non existing riding skills.

Should be reported to authorities so that they do not endanger public life.

Reply may be slightly off topic.
Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 5526169)
I am an ardent believer that buses are a mode of transport that have no business continuing to exist in the 21st century. That said, shouldn't the two wheeler have waited for the bus to pass? Looks like there was no traffic behind the bus anyway also doesn't the bus have the right of way considering it is approaching from the right side of the two wheeler?...

Banning buses would mean more of small vehicles and more overall wastage of space and fuel.

Many years ago, I had this idea and since then I've believed trucks and buses must have spoilers that almost touch the ground, such that anything should not come underthe wheels, somewhat like a train engine spoiler, plus wheel spoilers on each wheel.

Now my drawing is terrible, but hey, the idea goes through...

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bus-spoiler.jpeg

For such an idea to be implemented by the transport minister, it would require that all roads be smooth, and speed breakers be removed. Then, it could be compulsory for all heavy vehicles to maintain such spoilers, even retrofit them.
Although, I don't know whether it would be solving a problem, or opening a hornet's nest, a can of worms.
But thinking further, this will also block buses and trucks from reaching residential areas, where they've often caused accidents involving even small kids. So, it would be very practical in a way and might prevent illegal mining too, in some areas.

Finally, yes, you're right about the accident, not only was right of way rule correct here, but also, the bus was on the bigger road. But its just sad, how a simple mistake ends life, this is the road after all.
The damage might've been less fatal if the bus driver could've at least slammed the brakes hard and they worked ideally, it appears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capri89 (Post 5526550)
A mishap

This must be Pondy, going by the narrow roads and behavior of getting halfway through the lane and staring. I never understood the logic of it, wastes everyone's time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samarth 619 (Post 5527684)
Attachment 2438663
But thinking further, this will also block buses and trucks from reaching residential areas, where they've often caused accidents involving even small kids.

Wish this bus never had to turn. Rear ones can be hidden though, like yesteryear sedans.

Head-on collision between a Mahindra TUV300 and a Mahindra Bolero Pik-Up. TUV300 driver escaped without any injury and the Bolero Pik-Up driver sustained minor injury. According to the TUV300 driver/owner, Bolero Pik-Up driver was under influence. Dashcam video did show that Bolero Pik-Up was on the wrong side and apparently using high beam.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tuv1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tuv2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bp1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bp2.jpg

Dashcam Video

Distracted (or drunk?) guy proceeds to cross the road right after narrowly missing the bus. Pays no attention to oncoming traffic and gets hit. This could've been avoided had he not made a run for it at the last moment. As per video description, he survived.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Wld0_VRhQc8&feature=share

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbus (Post 5527904)
Head-on collision between a Mahindra TUV300 and a Mahindra Bolero Pik-Up.

Bolero Driver might have been under the influence, yet I don't see any defensive attempt ever made by the TUV300 Owner/Driver, either. At least he could have tried to minimize the impact. What if the outcome was different? An attempt to pre-empt before an incident could prevent remorse later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street_Smart (Post 5528458)
Bolero Driver might have been under the influence, yet I don't see any defensive attempt ever made by the TUV300 Owner/Driver, either. At least he could have tried to minimize the impact. What if the outcome was different? An attempt to pre-empt before an incident could prevent remorse later.

I doubt if there was enough time or space that the video making car had. The situation was made worse by the night and the blinding light.
The Bolero driver tried to overtake 2 motorcycles and miscalculated the distance, I think.
All the OP could have done would have been to slam on the brakes. But it would require Formula 1 driver reaction times. Doubt if everyone driving on the road is THAT ALERT ALL THE TIME.
Regardless, kudos to the build quality of M & M. Glad that no one lost more than car parts.

Drive safe.

I saw a collision coming at the beginning of the video itself. The Bolero might have been drunk, but the TUV was asleep/distracted/not paying enough attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilzzzzOwn (Post 5528572)
I doubt if there was enough time or space that the video making car had. The situation was made worse by the night and the blinding light.
The Bolero driver tried to overtake 2 motorcycles and miscalculated the distance, I think.
All the OP could have done would have been to slam on the brakes. But it would require Formula 1 driver reaction times. Doubt if everyone driving on the road is THAT ALERT ALL THE TIME.
Regardless, kudos to the build quality of M & M. Glad that no one lost more than car parts.

Drive safe.

I think the dirty windshield might have caused more glare thereby impairing reaction.

I can never drive with that dirty windshield. I Want the windshield to be clean all the time

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 5528659)
I can never drive with that dirty windshield. I Want the windshield to be clean all the time

I am very hot on this. Even if the rest of the car is filthy, I make sure the glass is clean before every trip. I also always have water+cleaner in the screen wash reservoir. I dry weather, one passing crow can obscure vision! In wet weather, one passing vehicle can cover the screen with mud.

Motorcyclists especially are extremely vulnerable but never seem to realise that. This guy was fortunate but it easily could have turned out to be fatal.
https://youtu.be/tvoAqKwZJA8