Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2490.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhdowntheline (Post 5488429)
While I fully agree with you that no car is designed to take such a heavy impact and therefore cant be judged ,

The forces involved in real life situations is much different than what GNCAP tests.

Here's a crushed Fiat Linea.

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...ified-4804553/

Every accident is different, every situation is different in terms of forces, impact angle, weight distribution ( is the weight distributed in the truck or concentrated at one place) etc.

We cannot be prepared for every situation. The best action would be to be aware of the risks and drive carefully.

Quote:

So it may have been a miracle, luck or whatever but it has happened.

People have survived unimaginable circumstances. There were instances people surviving in plane crashes too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish (Post 5488487)
We cannot be prepared for every situation. The best action would be to be aware of the risks and drive carefully.

I don't see how one could have avoided this accident. The truck driver is completely at fault. That car could have been just parked at the edge of the road and still be part of accident.

This is not a unique accident, and it is happening quite regularly now. Unless fleet owners are shown some strong hand, it will keep happening. For every such accident, RTO should stop the fleet for 2 weeks and make them go through hoops to get the permission back. Also, that truck should never be released back to owners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkrishnakj (Post 5488410)
It was quite devastating. The husband and father is our regular morning badminton player living at the same neighbourhood.

Looking at those pics, I cannot help but shudder. I can only hope and pray the end was quick and painless :sadface

When will people on road realize that they carry a huge responsibility not just towards themselves but to all the others on the road as well.

Really really sad stuff.

Quote:

While I fully agree with you that no car is designed to take such a heavy impact and therefore cant be judged , we have a case in the past where occupants of a Fiat Linea survived a truck carrying stones/ construction debris that toppled over its roof. So it may have been a miracle, luck or whatever but it has happened.

I believe that you are referring to this accident, posted way back, in the same thread. And if you see those pictures, it is evident that these accidents cannot be compared. In the case of Linea, the truck fell mostly on the front 1/3rd portion of the car and the materials then poured down on the car. In case of this accident, the entire truck and its weight fell directly on the car. It was a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, I'd say; plain unlucky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish (Post 5488487)
Every accident is different, every situation is different in terms of forces, impact angle, weight distribution ( is the weight distributed in the truck or concentrated at one place) etc.

Bingo! You just cannot compare two accidents because of the factors mentioned above. The dynamics of every accident is different.

A concrete mixer Lorry weighs around 25 tons, and the heaviest Car in India, without bullet proofing will be around 2 - 3 tons. Add to that, the Mixer can carry 5-7 tons of concrete, plus there will be a Water tank, to spray and keep the concrete moist (In case if the mixer lorry was loaded). The only way, any car can take it is not having direct impact, that's called luck in some situations.

Over-confidence may lead to Titanic situation.

Live accident caught on camera, I don’t understand when people who are on wheels drive sensible. What on earth was the person thinking before making this senseless manoeuvre :Frustrati

https://youtu.be/gvr5pn4Ef2Y

Note - skip to 6:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvivek85 (Post 5489110)
Live accident caught on camera, I don’t understand when people who are on wheels drive sensible. What on earth was the person thinking before making this senseless manoeuvre :Frustrati

I regularly drive between Noida and Chandigarh. The maneuver that was done by the car is a very common issue for accidents on this highway. I was also hit by a scorpio in a very similar way however since I owned a Dzire my bumper was ruptured. To overtake the drivers risk overtaking in small gaps between the cars/busses.

Now whenever I am under situation where I see someone overtaking from the left, I actually let go off my accelerator so that the gap between the two gradually increases and the person trying to overtake from left does not cause an accident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunbaj (Post 5489147)
Now whenever I am under situation where I see someone overtaking from the left, I actually let go off my accelerator so that the gap between the two gradually increases and the person trying to overtake from left does not cause an accident.

I always slow down (reasonably, of course) whenever someone tries to overtake, because I'm constantly scared of stuff like this happening. Side benefit is avoiding getting hit by idiots like these.

Also, what an idiotic maneuver by the car, what on earth was he thinking! That too between two trucks. Nearly got sandwiched there. Idiocy knows no bounds.

The Driver tried to squeeze and change lanes like a Ferrari in Movies, but that's all VFX effect and not in reality. Also, a general perception with Indian drivers is that, once their body crosses, they can jump into other lanes. Once needs to calculate the gap in between two vehicles and also speed at which they are travelling.

Same thing happens with 2 Wheelers too, which is more dangerous. We, 4 wheeler drivers often have to slam on the brakes in City traffic.

I don't see any mistake by the Trucker as he was in his lane and cruising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvivek85 (Post 5489110)

Is this genius recording on his phone's front camera while driving?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.A.GTC (Post 5489275)

Yes. He is friends with this fellow. They all drive with phone in one hand. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaaz (Post 5489234)
...once their body crosses...

To be clear (and supportive of your point), it's often their body, not their steed's.

They get the split of their derriere ahead, and just barge over!

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.A.GTC (Post 5489275)

The most oxymoronical thing ever... dishing out advice on safe driving whilst using a cell phone camera to film the road ahead and one's own face doing it.
The accident recording was done by rear dashcam.

My friend's Nissan Kicks met with minor accident, looks like other driver was sleepy and jumped signal. I think my friend didn't see right side as it was green for him and there were vehicles already moving infront of him.

https://youtu.be/vsogV9opyB4

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi (Post 5491268)
looks like other driver was sleepy and jumped signal.

Looks like he was more than sleepy. He doesn't just jump the signal, he tries to cross a stream of moving traffic.

Lucky that the damage is not more, but it is enough.