Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2296.html)

Accidents involving cattle are in many cases caused by the grazer himself, to earn quick money on harm to animals which may not be producing enough milk (read old cows, buffaloes, etc).
I remember we had a trip to Agra in 1990s & were traveling in HM Contessa. When returning, on such herder pushed cattle on the road despite us being visible & honking. Our driver was skillful & managed to avoid cattle by taking the car off the road on grassy patch. Thankfully there was no ditch (big or small) so we managed to stay away from cattle & harm. But the grazer then pushed his cycle towards our car which managed with some battle scar.

Those days the roads weren't that wide, so speeds weren't that high. These days roads are much better & wider, & drivers generally manage higher speeds on lighter but powerful vehicles. This kind of mischief (s) is exhibition bof sick mindset of people who bring bad name to community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WplFckkbqiY
Posting this horrible accident in Bangalore that happened yesterday - celebrity kid on pillion is knocked down to death on spot while pregnant mother survives
Looking at the CCTV grabs, while the truck is the main cause, note also the presence of Vegetable Vendor on the main road (it is kept there and after the accident she quitely takes it away)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishhm74 (Post 5235842)
Looking at the CCTV grabs, while the truck is the main cause, note also the presence of Vegetable Vendor on the main road (it is kept there and after the accident she quitely takes it away)

Rider sees cart blocking path, swerves to avoid it without minding traffic on nearby lane and sadly pays the price? :(

So, just now was traveling on the NH44 bypass on the Katra Highway, going towards Sidhra, when a speeding BMW X1 tried to overtake between two cars, one being my s-cross going at 70kmph. The driver tried to swerve between the two cars, hitting my bonnet side with full force :Frustratiand I had to hold on to my steering so that the car doesn't swerve. I was in shock till I parked the car on the side and was about to get out the car when I saw the BMW zooming pass the curve, still speeding. Had to take a stop, and currently sitting at subway, just 5 kms down the spot. :disappointed And I'm unable to open the passenger side window, without it making a clinking noise.

Edit: Apparently the door and the side fender are rubbing against each other and the side fender has been dislodged which is causing the door to get stuck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stimpy (Post 5234671)
Hi all,
Like most here I never wanted to upload anything to this thread. But, it is what it is.

Can this dent be fixed on my own or I'll have to go to a workshop to get it fixed? Any help is appreciated.

Always hurts seeing the first scratch, dent specially when the car is new. I don't see any dent on the bumper, maybe the picture can't show it properly. It looks like a minor scratch, can be easily removed with some rubbing compound. Leave it for the time being and when you go for your car's first servicing, just request them to use rubbing compound on the scratch. Don't fret about these small dings and scratches, they're a part and parcel of car ownership. Good to see the rear dashcam :thumbs up

Saw this funny accident escape video, would have been fatal.

https://youtu.be/mRksRo-fjMo

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKC-auto (Post 5236021)

So he had helmet but not on his head, but on the footrest? Or is it something else which is visible flying on the ground with his scooter in the second part of the video?

Quote:

Saw this funny accident escape video...

Honestly, I can't laugh at this: just another two-wheeler with no thought of simply stopping.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbppjpr (Post 5236079)
So he had helmet but not on his head, but on the footrest?

I think you are right: looks like a helmet to me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 5235852)
Rider sees cart blocking path, swerves to avoid it without minding traffic on nearby lane and sadly pays the price?

This is a problem with many two wheeler riders. If the lane is not clear in front they immediately swerve without bothering to check whether it's safe to switch lane. Worse, some don't even have functional rear view mirrors.

I believe there are restrictions on movement of heavy vehicles within Bengaluru city during peak hours (not sure if it is followed post-Covid era) and this was a construction vehicle, should have been under additional restrictions, but who cares :Frustrati

Rest in peace the young soul.

Quote:

I didnt realise the reference to 'narrow escape' was the part where he weaved in between the tree and the ramp and had nothing to do with the bus. The part with the bus was just business as usual. ;)

Quote:

This is a problem with many two wheeler riders. If the lane is not clear in front they immediately swerve without bothering to check whether it's safe to switch lane. Worse, some don't even have functional rear view mirrors.
This has become one more aspect of defensive driving techniques - to watch out for such scenarios and anticipate swerves. Apart from lane not being clear, potholes and bumpy sections on the road also cause some people to swerve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbus (Post 5236128)

Such behaviour by two wheelers has made me extra watchful while overtaking any two wheeler or even pedestrian. I keep extra lateral gap or slow down and honk to let the person know of my presence.

Quote:

I believe there are restrictions on movement of heavy vehicles within Bengaluru city during peak hours (not sure if it is followed post-Covid era) and this was a construction vehicle, should have been under additional restrictions, but who cares
I think it hardly mattered if it was a truck, could have been a car or SUV. Result of accident would have been similar.

I just hope that the truck driver is not dragged into the legal mess, or worse penalized (assuming he didn't bribe to drive through restrictions).

Quote:

As usual, a two wheeler rider who wouldn't brake unless it's physically impossible to get through. He found the narrowest of the gap and made it.

Saw this totaled Mahindra Thar on Motorbeam !!

This Mahindra Thar got hit by a truck from the rear, rolled over and rear-ended another truck, which looks severely damaged. The car looks in a very bad shape but fortunately, the driver survived with just a minor cut on his hand.

The accident happened in Jharkhand, No airbags were deployed because the front impact was minimal to trigger the airbag sensors.

I think airbags not deploying was probably for good. If the airbag did deploy, it would have forced the drivers head onto the smashed roof. Please do correct me if my understanding is incorrect here.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-271713692_292715452890218_3685303384628372125_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-271799630_4964257850297239_7075522864760293191_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-271572557_1085899818993262_1665341509876854424_n.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhu (Post 5233490)
But, as fate would have it, I have an entry.

TL;DR: Hit a cow. No injuries/ fatalities

Good that you (and Cow) are safe!

On highways, now a days I feel animals (mostly Dogs and Cows) are a bigger safety threat than any other vehicle/human, and its amplified after dark.

Have seen Black cows just sitting in the middle of the road at night, that you spot when you are very near :Shockked:

Even in my Delhi to Kolkata (and back), blog, have mentioned this as one of the biggest risks.
Just for Reference (personal blog) .. delhi-to-kolkata-road-trip