Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-226.html)

The Cayenne accident has already been covered else where, either on this thread or another

One beautiful machine got wasted :Frustrati.It seems to be, he has hit some post or a median.

Got this from my friend's album on Facebook.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitahuja (Post 1468848)
OT - All our office cabs sport this sticker. These were distributed by their vendors in order to 'try' and reduce road rage.

I've seen those stickers on some cabs however this was a private VDI - Maybe being used as a private taxi illegally.

@Phamilyman - Do you have a VDI or some other car?

Spotted this E270 CDI being towed and parked at the Pondy Bazaar police station, Chennai today morning. Someone had crashed it Sunday nite :(

Saw an accident near Tumkur - Sira road, Couple of lorries badly damaged. Could not take pics as it was 3 am in the morning. Anybody else heard about this accident. This is a 4 lane road, was wondering how bad the collision is to have such head damage.

PS: this was not a head on collision

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 1469941)
Spotted this E270 CDI being towed and parked at the Pondy Bazaar police station, Chennai today morning. Someone had crashed it Sunday nite :(

OMG what a damage to the car? :eek:. He would have been doing a very high speed during the collision.

The E270 roof has a big dent which means the car has been toppled and we can notice that real wheel got misaligned!!!.He must have hit some stone or object in the road.

That's a bling E270!!
Sad it ended up in such a sorry state.Pics suggest collision plus toppling over.

Well despite the rollover, the cabin is more or less intact. Again, testament to Merc safety.

Definately a rollover. The windows are open so was the car being driven with windows rolled down or the glasses broke during the rollover.

I'm sure everyone must have got out safe considering the condition of the cabin unless they were not sitting with seat belts on.

I did see the safari being towed, on close look i thought this accident should have happened on the hiway...but when i learnt it was on the lalbagh i was kind of shocked!

btw we should have a Kudla meet next time am there;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 1467634)
I recall that crash to be one of the most horrific accidents that MG road has ever seen. It happened in october 2003. I remember going there after the crash at about 5am.
A few months ago, a fellow t-bhp member's brother hit the divider at high speeds on his zma. Luckily he didnt get any serious injuries.

OT: Im from Kudla aswell. We should meetup sometime!! :)

OT - Hey lohit are you from Chikmaglur by any chance ? I had a batch mate by the same name when i was studyingin Karkala.

During my stay in Mangalore/Karkala for 3 years from 96-99 i never saw any accident on that stretch however i did see lot of them near the REC college.

Hey, this messge has already been posted by fellow bhpian Aloksriva on 19/08/2009. Could not post pictures as I was not a member. got approved today. It was a gruesome accident. A sand laden lorry driven recklessly rammed through a milk carrying auto killing the driver of the auto on the spot (may his soul rip). Newly married just four months. The Lorry then rammed a bike, the signal post, before coming to halt. The bike rider was injured.
Interestingly, my collegue informed that at the signal a road hump was erected by police to prevent such incidents. A day before, the road hump was removed by governmetn officials. Reason: CM and convoy would be passing by the signal and officials does not want our dear CM to fell the hump. And later, they forgot to relay the road hump.
The accident led to a massive traffic pile up for half a day.

The PDF file of Bangalore Mirror issue dated 20th August 2009, Page 4 which carried the artcile is also here

Okay folks, same story same result. Our desi track drivers (taxi driver) was driving along the international airport. Ahead is a donkey crawling at the right side of the road (lorry). Our track driver is impatient, honks horn, but the donkey refuses to budge to left. So our track driver at great speeds turns left in order to over take the donkey. And the rest is history. A wipro staffer lost his life for the careless driving.
By the way, there are confusing reports, that the driver survied. But I doubt?

This stretch of road from Hebbal flyover to international airport has become a killer road with ever increasing accidents.