Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2237.html)

Tamil Nadu BJP MLA Vanathi Srinivasan's 22-year-old son Adarsh had met with an accident. Luckily he escaped with minor injuries, looks like a rollover.

https://www.thenewstuff.in/tn-bjp-ml...-route-chennai

Ramgarh-Bokaro Road: WagonR crashes head on into a Bus. All 5 occupants of WagonR burnt as per claims.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20210915143832_whatsapp.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1_1631696511002.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 5150289)
Ramgarh-Bokaro Road: WagonR crashes head on into a Bus. All 5 occupants of WagonR burnt as per claims.

Attachment 2207513

Attachment 2207514

Where the heck was the bus driver driving :Frustrati. In India laws are too lenient if general public dies because of others fault.

Really feel sorry for the people in India who loose their lives for no fault of theirs on roads.

Quote:

Oh man, what a way to go :( Wet roads and bad overtaking process?

Bengaluru: Car hits bike on flyover, two riders fall 40ft to death

Source : TOI

Quote:

A man and woman on a bike died as they were thrown off the Electronic City Elevated Expressway in an accident around 9.45pm on Tuesday. The identity of the victims is yet to be ascertained.

The accident occurred when a speeding Baleno hit the bike from behind, tossing the man and woman off the elevated expressway onto the surface road, some 40 feet below. Both died on the spot due to severe head injury.

The car driver was trying to overtake another vehicle when he lost control and hit the road median, initial investigations revealed. The car then swerved left, hit the couple on the bike and came to a halt after hitting the wall of the expressway.
Source : NDTV

Quote:

The couple from Tamil Nadu had stopped their two-wheeler on a layby on the flyover when a speeding Maruti Baleno hit them from behind...

The car, which has been seized, was being driven by a young man in his early twenties who has been admitted to a hospital and is currently recovering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoNoob (Post 5150429)
[b]Bengaluru: Car hits bike on flyover, two riders fall 40ft to death

The CCTV grab shows the couple bikers pushing the bike the wrong way when the incident occurred. Might be a case of breakdown and trying to move to the lay bye for safety. I am unable to upload the same here. Let the departed souls rest in peace
This happened as I was riding to work yesterday night. The Kudlu junction signal was red just before this incident and saved some more people at the bottom as the debris in form of pipes and concrete fell on an empty road.
As the signal opened, an Audi, a Duke 200 and me on the D390 took off only to get squeezed by the Audi to the right and then I saw debris falling down and bodies fly down onto the service road. It was scary as the couple hit the tarmac with great force and lay motionless. Luckily no one on the service road too got injured. I was shit scared looking at what happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunbaj (Post 5150338)
Where the heck was the bus driver driving :Frustrati. In India laws are too lenient if general public dies because of others fault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 5150376)
Oh man, what a way to go :( Wet roads and bad overtaking process?

Quote:

As per this news the wagonR driver seemed to have lost control and was veering left and right(possible aquaplaning due to high speed ?) and the bus driver tried to get out of its way by going in the opposite direction but the wagonR crashed in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoNoob (Post 5150429)
Bengaluru: Car hits bike on flyover, two riders fall 40ft to death

This footage is from below the flyover.

https://twitter.com/KiranParashar21/...ead-7510520%2F

Quote:

Originally Posted by unk9ja (Post 5150439)
The CCTV grab shows the couple bikers pushing the bike the wrong way when the incident occurred. Might be a case of breakdown and trying to move to the lay bye for safety. I am unable to upload the same here. Let the departed souls rest in peace
This happened as I was riding to work yesterday night. Luckily no one on the service road too got injured. I was shit scared looking at what happened.

Must have been a shocking experience and a close call for you. A bunch of anomalies that can only happen in our state of affairs:
I wonder when everyone starts understanding these things. Each party has a role to play. And this is not the first time we have had people and two wheelers being launched off the flyover.

This was uploaded to YouTube sometime back:

Bengaluru Electronic City Flyover accident

They don't seem to be pushing their bike. It looks like they were already in the by lane when the accident happened.

Edit: Not sure what move the car driver was trying to pull. He seems to have a clear left lane in front of him to do his illegal overtake. Can't figure out what made him loose control.

First off, they should stop people from stopping and sight seeing in the laybye. From the time this flyover had opened, there are people stopping there like they do in some ghat section view point and even having a smoke.
Not blaming the unfortunate couple, but a laybye is not meant for taking a break.

And even more worse, the cops checking for over - speeding from the lay-bye.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunbaj (Post 5150338)

Really feel sorry for the people in India who loose their lives for no fault of theirs on roads.

Just speculating. May be wrong here!

Looks more overtaking gone wrong for the Wagon R than the bus. The car is pointing to the left supposedly trying to go back into his lane and the bus apparently with its wheels turned to the right simply could not avoid a last minute manoeuvre to avoid crashing and in the process skidding to the wrong lane.

Also am surprised there is no damage on the bus. Goes on to show how tough the bus chassis is and how cars have no chance in a head on :sadface

Quote:

...WagonR burnt

The second picture is before or after the fire? It shows no sign of getting burnt and looks fresh and clean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JithinR (Post 5150521)
They don't seem to be pushing their bike. It looks like they were already in the by lane when the accident happened.

There is another video which shows they were pushing the bike towards opposite direction. But yes, they were already on the by lane when they got hit. Wondering what made them to come back. Ran out of fuel/break down or just for time pass. Quite unfortunate if it was the latter. RIP.

The car almost at the verge of falling down:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20210915211729_whatsapp.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20210915wa0007.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 5150561)
First off, they should stop people from stopping and sight seeing in the laybye.

Isn't that the whole purpose of having lay-bys on roads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by binand (Post 5150664)
Isn't that the whole purpose of having lay-bys on roads?

Maybe on a highway, yes, but I don't think on this elevated flyover. From what I remember when the flyover was opened, was that it was meant for breakdowns and emergencies. If I remember well, the cops had even cordoned off the lay-bye for a while to prevent people from stopping unnecessarily.