Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 12:19   #3301
gpa
Senior - BHPian

This morning on my way to work, I noticed a pink M-800 that had broken into the metal barrier of a traffic island at BEL Circle and was inside the enclosure. From the looks of it, the driver was overspeeding and swerved to miss another car and went straigh into the barricade.

As I was driving and in the flow of traffic, I could not click a photo. Will see, if its still there when I return home this evening.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:26   #3302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
With tyres like those, it's no wonder it did!
I was going to point the same thing. The tyres are totally shaved off of any tread. Or the skid was so severe that it removed whatever was left of the tread pattern
Old 31st August 2009, 12:48   #3303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
the skid was so severe that it removed whatever was left of the tread pattern
LOL... that's the funniest comment!
Old 31st August 2009, 15:06   #3304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL... that's the funniest comment!
Ha Ha you bet it is
Old 31st August 2009, 17:12   #3305
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Too many 'under the influence' teeny girls creating ruckus on the roads these days !?
Old 31st August 2009, 17:21   #3306
BHPian

Add to it, too many "brainless" parents who allow their spoilt son / daughter (not eligible to drive) to take their car for a spin risking poor pedestrians and others on the road. As MASK says "somebody stop me", i would like to say "somebody stop them"
Old 31st August 2009, 18:35   #3307
Distinguished - BHPian

A very, very close shave...

This is an accident that could have been much, much worse than what actually transpired.

Place: Extended roundabout near Taj Mahal Hotel. Driving away from the India Gate C-Hexagon.

Time: Today, @3pm.

Speed: 40-50 km/h.

PB-10 reg Innova with VIP number decides to overtake me from the left, realises there's a bicycle ahead of him a little too late, and cuts in sharply across my nose.

Motorcycle in front of me on my lane, no way the Innova can get into my lane unless he squeezes the biker out. I let go of the accelerator.

The biker has no inkling of the Innova coming up on his left. Innova's right side slams into motorcycle's handlebar. He spins around, and is headed backwards as he falls.

I hit the brakes. Stop. The biker is 3 inches from my front bumper.

Mercifully, I don't have a tailgater, don't get rear-ended. The biker's not severely injured. More importantly, he hasn't touched any part of my car!

Fat Sardarji stops Innova, gets out. Finds the biker getting up. Drives off.

I pull over to the left and let my heartbeat slow down a little before driving again.
Old 31st August 2009, 19:10   #3308
Senior - BHPian

SS, that was a close shave. Gave me the shivers just to read it. Curse you fat sardarji!
Old 31st August 2009, 19:26   #3309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is an accident that could have been much, much worse than what actually transpired.
Shucks Doc, that was close. Did the biker get the number ? (from you)
You must have done something good today. Like treating a gareeb patient.

OT: I got a call from my mom yesterday saying my cousin was a victim of a hit and run case last week. An ambassador hit him and the impact threw him in the air and he landed on his bag pack. He had his gear on, Helmet, thick jacket and luckily a bag pack. He got up an followed the dude till quite a distance.
He bike couldn't be ridden properly so asked for a lift. Chased the ambassdor and stopped him. But again he got a away saying "Do what you want".
My cousin took down the Reg number and got home. Uncle went to the police station and filed a complaint. The driver is behind bars.
Cousin is fine and undergoing physiotherapy and taking rest. He is not hurt badly but needs complete bed rest.
I guess the fasting and praying helped him most, as I have seen fully protected guys suffer far more injuries.
I hope the neglegent driver remembers the words " Do what you want" all his tenure in the slammer.
Old 31st August 2009, 19:34   #3310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
BTW, this esteem will also undergo repairs here. It was driven by a 19 year old girl under the influence of alcohol and on a rainy day, at a high speed of about 90-100, she tried to brake hard and the car ended up skidding and hitting an electric pole. (As told by the workshop owner)
No wonder the car skidded. Look at the rear tire. Its almost completely bald.
Old 31st August 2009, 19:34   #3311
BHPian

SS, Very close shave; thank you stars for not having a tailgater else it would have been worse for your car. You should have got after the Sardarj; he should not have been let away so easily, what if there was a fatality.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 31st August 2009 at 19:35.
Old 31st August 2009, 20:25   #3312
Distinguished - BHPian

When having a tailgater, double the distance between you and the vehicle in front.
Old 31st August 2009, 20:32   #3313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Curse you fat sardarji!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Did the biker get the number ? (from you)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
You should have got after the Sardarj; he should not have been let away so easily, what if there was a fatality.
A PB10 VIP number is a strict no-no in my books, to go after or lodge a case againt in this crazy town called Delhi. The biker didn't appear in great pain anyway. Let me recount an incident here that happened with me about 13 years ago (1996).

Was travelling on the NH-8 from Gurgaon to Delhi on a scooter. The NH-8 in those days had lots of breaks in the divider. An M-800 did a high speed U-turn and rammed into me from the side, then sped away. This was inside Delhi, at a place called Rangpuri.

Got the number of the car and reported the matter to the local police station. Two days later, the cops arrived at my place, the offending car and its owner accompanying them. What transpired subsequently left me totally dumbfounded.

The man claimed that an accident did happen, but it was not serious, and not where I reported it to have happened. He reported having gently brushed my scooter on the NH-8 in Gurgaon, stopped to enquire whether I was fine, and I was supposed to have beaten him up badly at that time (requiring him to go to hospital) and ridden away. He even had a couple of eyewitnesses to support his claim. Except that the eyewitnesses could not recall the colour of my scooter (it was done up in a distinctive blue and gold custom paint job).

The police were adamant (obviously, since they received certificates from this man, signed by the Governor of the Reserve Bank!). They wanted to register a counter-case against me for filing a false report, and wanted the case I had lodged with them to be transferred to the Gurgaon police.

What could I do? I was new to the city, and not a little terrified at this sudden turn of events. Finally, as if the cops were doing me a favour, they made me withdraw my report, apologise to the man, and then go home.

Since then, I avoid getting involved with the cops where it is avoidable. Call me a coward if you will, but getting involved means pulling favours from people in power in this city of the powerful, rich and famous; and I am not into taking too many favours. Where protecting my own family and property matters, I do it. Not always the good samaritan, because it's too expensive in Delhi to be one.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 31st August 2009 at 20:39.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:43   #3314
Senior - BHPian

My very good friend's 1 month old ANHC. Was waiting at a signal at around midnight. His mum and dad were in the car. Some tanker fellow came at a high speed, first banged into a rick, then into a bike with a couple on it and finally into the car. Before anyone realised what happened, the driver was gone.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-28082009067_r.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-28082009068_r.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-28082009102_r.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-28082009101_r.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-28082009104_r.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st September 2009 at 04:08. Reason: Post edited. Please avoid foul language on Team-BHP.
pranavt is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st September 2009, 00:28   #3315
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
My very good friend's 1 month old ANHC. Was waiting at a signal at around midnight. His mum and dad were in the car. Some tanker fellow came at a high speed, first banged into a rick, then into a bike with a couple on it and finally into the car. Before anyone realised what happened, the driver was gone.
That's a very sad thing to have happened to the new car. Thank goodness no-one was hurt.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st September 2009 at 04:10. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks