Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-2206.html)

Reported to have happened in Makkutta ghat (Kerala - Karnataka border in Coorg district). A Karnataka RTC bus skidded and hit a tree. Narrow ghat section with several twists and turns and to be driven cautiously especially in the on going monsoon. Driver said to be in critical condition.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20210719-09.47.27.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20210719-09.47.29-1.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20210719-09.47.28.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20210719-09.47.29.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-new.jpeg

Look at the name. This thing seems to be leaving no stones un turned to create havoc: :crying

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-last-new.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 5104906)
Driver said to be in critical condition.

As per media reports now, the driver succumbed to his injuries.
According to preliminary analysis, brake failure is the reason for driver losing control over the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandsun7 (Post 5105176)
According to preliminary analysis, brake failure is the reason for driver losing control over the vehicle.

There are reports saying that driver must have dozed off for few seconds. Break failure is unlikely as the bus is climbing the hill and Collison is with a tree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superleggera (Post 5105182)
There are reports saying that driver must have dozed off for few seconds. Break failure is unlikely as the bus is climbing the hill and Collison is with a tree

The bus was coming from Bangalore to Telicherry, so it was on it's way down the Ghats. Could be that the driver dozed off, we cannot rule out that possibility. The accident happened early morning, must have been between 3AM and 4AM because that is the time buses that depart Bangalore after 9PM reach that section. This is that time of the night when sometimes your eyes does close off a bit, however experienced driver you are. More so with the AC blowing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky@home (Post 5103352)
Saw this damaged Creta car yesterday on my way back from the town, appears to be the new model, which had taken a hit on right side. It had sustained damages, and looks like a collision with the parked truck, but that did not appear to have any damages, at least on appearance, and luckily no one has been injured. I suppose it could be a result of the extreme wet weather.

https://youtu.be/MtJo55jG3Q4

While the Monsoons might be truly on us, I wonder whether many of the folks even realized it!!! The way people are driving on wet roads as if they expect the monsoon also to be on quarantine courtesy Covid! Absolutely horrified to see over speeding vehicles on wet roads, reckless overtaking and generally taking the conditions for granted. Even before CoVid there were better discipline(and possibly more traffic). Its been utterly lawless now. :Frustrati:Frustrati

This happened just in front of my eyes when I went to have a look at the 2021 Harrier Dark Edition today.

The actual story:

It happened when the owner took the delivery of the car on the first floor of the showroom and when he had accelerated the car on the ramp, the car had fallen down crashing the Polo, which was parked in front of the showroom and luckily, no injuried had happened to the Tiago owner, who was driving the car and no one were there inside the Polo as well during this incident.

When this incident had happened, the Tiago guy’s wife came down crying wondering if he was alive or not. Btw, the Tiago owner’s age might be around 50-55 years.

A road caved in and a car went inside a hole in national capital region's Dwarka. I thought quality of road is better in NCR :Frustrati

Road caves in after heavy rains in Delhi, car gets stuck.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-e6qxxxdvkauvhjg.jpg
(PC: ANI)

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_guy1998 (Post 5105489)
It happened when the owner took the delivery of the car on the first floor of the showroom and when he had accelerated the car on the ramp, .

With a ramp like that - only skilled/authorised personnel should move the car. Owner should have taken delivery of the car outside or in the compound.

Quote:

It happened when the owner took the delivery of the car on the first floor of the showroom and when he had accelerated the car on the ramp, the car had fallen down crashing the Polo, which was parked in front of the showroom and luckily, no injuried had happened to the Tiago owner, who was driving the car and no one were there inside the Polo as well during this incident.

Despite seeing such things happen again and again, dealerships really never learn anything. Always give delivery in such a position that the owner can drive off easily. I would never be comfortable taking a car that I am not familiar with onto a lift (Looks like a hydraulic one to me). Also might be better to install some crash guard/rails on that lift even if only trained folks are using it. Looks like there is a two wheeler damaged beneath the Tiago. Also good to hear no one was injured or passing nearby during such an unfortunate event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 5105537)
With a ramp like that - only skilled/authorised personnel should move the car. Owner should have taken delivery of the car outside or in the compound.

It is absurd to let anyone else touch the car in situations like that. Even with staff, I doubt that ramp/lift passes any safety regulations anywhere in the world, not even here.

I feel very sorry for the guy --- but he should have said no. I would have.

Cousin’s Santro AMT, borrowed by a friend-colleague was being driven from Vapi to Surat. Met with an accident near a ghat section of the road, rolled over multiple times. The airbag did not activate because the front was largely intact.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-038265546c5c4d96b4293f401d0fcf75.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-af8b7f6f745c4714be18f5902fe56295.jpeg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-9c753359c0f64da581df852e65af3f0c.jpeg

His friend survived and walked away from this mess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbus (Post 5105513)
A road caved in and a car went inside a hole in national capital region's Dwarka. I thought quality of road is better in NCR :Frustrati

Road caves in after heavy rains in Delhi, car gets stuck.

Attachment 2181136
(PC: ANI)

Just saw the video of this incident: https://youtu.be/O5w7E4Omgwk

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandsun7 (Post 5105176)

Not very likely. The rear brakes are spring loaded that stops the bus when air pressures drop.

Quote:

This happened just in front of my eyes when I went to have a look at the 2021 Harrier Dark Edition today.

The actual story:

When this incident had happened, the Tiago guy’s wife came down crying wondering if he was alive or not. Btw, the Tiago owner’s age might be around 50-55 years.

The above incident became viral in a local news channel as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=2JiiGAtx8zU

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_guy1998 (Post 5105694)
The above incident became viral in a local news channel as well.

That's really stupid and irresponsible of the showroom authorities to let a delivery happen from the first floor and on a hydraulic ramp.

Not everyone, regardless of new driver or not, uses a ramp regularly. They should have made the delivery on the ramp when it was on the ground.

With so many past cases of these incidents which I am sure the showroom is aware of, this could have been avoided.

The other point, being with more of automatics being sold, a new owner will be getting used to the car as well as it's operation and in a situation where he is seeing trees instead of the road when he is driving it for the first time, I am not surprised.