Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 11:40   #33016
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Found this randomly while scrolling through Instagram

Car T-Bones an auto

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQhtA-ep...dium=copy_link

Though some may argue that the i10 should have braked and driven defensively, I don't think anyone would've expected the auto to continue moving into i10s way on a bright sunny day with clear sight of both vehicles, speed and path.

My guess, the auto driver was either distracted or like every other commuter, lost their attentiveness after driving lethargically during the lockdown

One thing which may be legitimately the fault of the car driver was that there's a signal post on the left and it could've been a red for the car and green for the auto
Old 1st July 2021, 11:45   #33017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
My guess, the auto driver was either distracted or like every other commuter, lost their attentiveness after driving lethargically during the lockdown
100% it is auto's fault.

The guy who fell on the right side was probably sitting beside the driver at front obstructing his side views. No wonder the driver could not see the car coming. God bless these guys!
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 12:08   #33018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Yup. Like this infamous clickbait video of doing Delhi to Agra in 15 minutes (which is the duration of the video and not the actual time)

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=lWtEin3-ryE
Did you notice, at the 2:50 mark, he's at 300kmph on a public road! And he overtakes at severe speeds from the siding lane (left of the leftmost lane) numerous times!

God save the two-wheeler commuters from these gems!
akshye is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 02:01   #33019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshye View Post
Did you notice, at the 2:50 mark, he's at 300kmph on a public road! And he overtakes at severe speeds from the siding lane (left of the leftmost lane) numerous times!

God save the two-wheeler commuters from these gems!
As No_Fear said this guy will never learn or change. It’s supposed to be a tribute video to the departed souls whom this guy considered as friends and at the beginning of the video he his showing clips of doing over 250kph and even boasting about it as if its an achievement and doesn’t realise that this is the very reason two bikers lost their life’s and destroyed countless others who were family to both of them.

He says he was in shock and couldn’t attend their funeral’s which I feel is an excuse as how on earth will he have the courage to meet the families of those two guys who lost their lives because of stupidity which he was part off and got famous by posting them on social media.

The man has no conscious even after what has happened as one of them was the only child of the family and had a 4 year old and the other had 2 kids.
SnS_12 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 04:42   #33020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
They are so pro that this clown fell off his own bike while standing, coz the floor was slippery. And then posted a video of it to earn likes.
May the riders rest in peace. Really sad to know both of them left behind young kids.

Even this "tribute" video doesn't feel genuine. Monetisation, the background music it all seems a bit off to me. If you witness the death of 2 close friends, shooting a video should be the last thing on your mind.
Dry Ice is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 14:10   #33021
BHPian

What just happened here? Such a scary video!

Was it all the truck's doing or anything contributed by the car too? Unclear from the small clip.

https://www.ndtv.com/cities/on-camer...3-dead-2478250
Logan2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 14:20   #33022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post

Was it all the truck's doing or anything contributed by the car too?

Seems to me truck rear-ended the i10, so car lost control and hit the truck in-front of it in the next lane. Then over that crashed car, the culprit truck ran over sandwiched the car between 3 trucks.

That truck is definitely over-speeding, and driver couldn't control the truck. Probable brake-failure too. I don't see anything that poor i10 could have done to avoid it.

This is just sad, man.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 14:22   #33023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Was it all the truck's doing or anything contributed by the car too? Unclear from the small clip.

Looks like speeding container truck abruptly changes the lane and driver looses control. Absolutely horrific. i10 was in wrong place at wrong time. Innocent lives lost again :(

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 3rd July 2021 at 14:27.
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 14:59   #33024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Looks like speeding container truck abruptly changes the lane and driver looses control. Absolutely horrific. i10 was in wrong place at wrong time. Innocent lives lost again :(
RIP the departed souls, that is gross negligence on the part of truck driver. I don't get some drivers at all, what is this urgency to reach a hour or so early at your destination that you are willing to risk your and everyone else's life.
Old 3rd July 2021, 15:23   #33025
Senior - BHPian

The biggest problem on the ghat section of the YE Expressway is the lack of patience because of the slow moving heavy trucks on the gradient, especially before the (former) Amrutanjan intersection. This causes vehicles to frantically overtake each other.
Old 3rd July 2021, 15:56   #33026
Senior - BHPian

Such a sad accident. The folks in the i10 succumbed for no fault of their. RIP.

Is the video taken from a truck carrying the blades for Wind turbines? If yes, these are very long trucks which are accompanied by another car at the rear to warn other motorists in the curves.
Don't understand what went wrong with the truck to cause this accident. The ghats are very deceptive and the trucks gather speed very quickly causing the drivers to lose control.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 16:25   #33027
BHPian

That video was gruesome :(
When I look at such accidents, I can’t imagine what would happen if I were in the i10 (or any other car). To think that there are chances that my kid, my wife and I are all dead for no fault of ours, is horrifying.

One “lucky” aspect in this case is that they all died in a few seconds and it doesn’t look like they suffered much, if at all. Grim I know, but better a quick death than lifelong suffering.
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 16:56   #33028
BHPian

Quote:

Just a 40 ton out of control truck-trailer crushing a 1 ton car between another 30 tonner truck. From there on, it's just pure physics at play sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIOrange View Post
RIP the departed souls, that is gross negligence on the part of truck driver. I don't get some drivers at all, what is this urgency to reach a hour or so early at your destination that you are willing to risk your and everyone else's life.
It's on the downward section towards Mumbai, seems to be a case of brake failure as no trucker will drive at those speeds purposely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post

Is the video taken from a truck carrying the blades for Wind turbines? If yes, these are very long trucks which are accompanied by another car at the rear to warn other motorists in the curves.
It's from a camera mounted on the cabin of a petroleum tanker.
nitkel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 19:04   #33029
BHPian

Its gruesome and heart wrenching thinking about the departed passengers in the car. In our country, faster roads are coming up every other day but unfortunately that is a one time investment only. The real need and a long term investment is to strengthen traffic regulations, increase public awareness of safe driving and strict implementation of regulations for vehicle's road worthiness.

We as public are always in a hurry and it has happened so many times on the bombay-pune expressway, that traffic comes to a snail's speed with all the lanes occupied by heavy vehicles. People including myself are guilty of being in a hurry and getting impatient and thus do crisscrossing. As some one in the recent post mentioned that the truck seemed to have its brakes failed, was it just a random failure or it happened due to lack of the recommended maintenance schedule.

Coming to hinterland, on the big bad roads of north and central india, heavy vehicles always ply on the extreme right, the fastest lane of the highway, expecting lighter and faster vehicles to overtake them from the left. Unsuspecting car or bike riders many a times hit the tractor trollies from the back as there are no brake lights. How on earth can traffic regulations allow a moving machine on the road without the any options of the break lights- the tractor trolly. Not to mention the big pot holes, dividers without any caution lights, mountainous speed brakers, etc etc. And yes our bovine and canine friends too.

So driving on an indian highway is always fraught with higher unexpected risks than their counterparts in developed nations and must be taken into account while deciding to go on a trip.

Last edited by fawad0222 : 3rd July 2021 at 19:07.
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 20:36   #33030
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
Found this randomly while scrolling through Instagram

Car T-Bones an auto

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQhtA-ep...dium=copy_link

Though some may argue that the i10 should have braked and driven defensively, I don't think anyone would've expected the auto to continue moving into i10s way on a bright sunny day with clear sight of both vehicles, speed and path.

One thing which may be legitimately the fault of the car driver was that there's a signal post on the left and it could've been a red for the car and green for the auto
The line-of-sight is not clear for the moving Auto because of the parked Auto at the corner. The Car should have slowed down at the crossing but did not. The Auto driver did not use a stop-look-go approach either. I think both are at fault.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks