Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-219.html)

Just received these pics on mail titled S 320 CDI crash.
Cause is unknown. But where in India this accident could be?

Ouch! Thats one terrible crash. The Merc's taken a serious beating!

Ouch,but how come its lying in such a location.
the road is so narrow.

Feel sorry for that Merc.Its totalled..

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1453594)

That reg plate does not look like its in India. I guess its Sri Lanka or Pakistan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedaUsername (Post 1453672)
That reg plate does not look like its in India. I guess its Sri Lanka or Pakistan.

To me it looks like india(look at the people around)
I have a hunch that its somewhere in punjab.

Sid,can you put some more light here

Quote:

Quote:

Oh GOD, its a very sad sight. Any human ingury?

I too think its not in India, I've got two reasons, one is the wheels, its not the standard Indian wheel. Second its short wheel base. If its in India, then sure its CBU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anachronix (Post 1453250)
Overtaking from the left is a big 'NO' in my driving books. But, if you look at this particular stretch between Krishnagiri-Bangalore the trucks who slowly crawl stay on the right lane most of the time forcing other vehicles to overtake them from the left.

There are huge warning signs kept for these trucks between this particular stretch to stay on the left lane, but then our truck walas feel more comfortable forcing others have a go at their fate!

You are right. I just drove on the same stretch 2 weeks ago (Chennai-Bangalore) and observed the same thing. It took about an hour to cross this stretch just because of the same reason. Worse is that 2 trucks crawling parallel next to each other, until they reach the peak and all other vehicles are also forced to crawl along with them.

But, in such situations, when overtaking from left one has to be extra cautious and thats what the bus driver lacked and ended up with this fate.

If you look at rear number plate part of which you can see is black therefore more like pakistan for sure. even the front plate seems to be there in take but blured and that to shows typical pak reg layout.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 1453688)
To me it looks like india(look at the people around)
I have a hunch that its somewhere in punjab.

Sid,can you put some more light here

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1453695)
Oh GOD, its a very sad sight. Any human ingury?

I too think its not in India, I've got two reasons, one is the wheels, its not the standard Indian wheel. Second its short wheel base. If its in India, then sure its CBU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1454001)
If you look at rear number plate part of which you can see is black therefore more like pakistan for sure. even the front plate seems to be there in take but blured and that to shows typical pak reg layout.

It is from Lahore,Pakistan and is featured on http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newpho...0625_002.shtml

Wow everyone walked out of it without a scratch. There's a safe car for you! Great job by the car to protect its occupants so well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1454001)

Attaboy, @canon I'm impressed. Are you with the IMF/Interpol by any chance ? :D

thanks for the info from wrecked car exotics, looks like the person who sends me mails copies from there:D

BTW, this just happened about an hour back-while returning home, just in front of it, a biker hit on my Santro's left rear door trying to avoid a MCD truck and ran away.:Shockked:

Sid Good Catch man :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 1454419)
Wow everyone walked out of it without a scratch. There's a safe car for you! Great job by the car to protect its occupants so well.

I am not surprised. While I was in Kuwait (1992), similar incident happened.
I was cruising on the freeway at around 120 kmph on the fast lane and there were cars on all 3 lanes. This guy in his Mercedez C600 (or might have been C400 I wasn't sure), came at incredible speed from behind me, flashed, didn't have patience to let me move over, passed me from the leftside service lane(This is common in Kuwait and in Saudi even now) and zoomed on. But further down, there were more cars and he was zig-zagging, ended up on the right service lane. At that point he lost control and went into the storm ditch and reached the other side slope of the ditch. At that speed, he was catapulted vertically up and landed on his rear bumper few meters away and straigtened.
The driver stepped out unhurt, went around his car and was looking around for help. (no mobile phones those days).
And the rear lights were still ON after all these...!!! That is Mercedez...:thumbs up