Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-202.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1413192)
Hain!? Wait a minute! Thats not even a tall boy. Thats a sedan, the size of a Lancer/Accent.

Acutally a little bigger than a Lancer/Accent, its a Peugeot 406 and seriously people who dont know how to do a drift shouldnt be trying it out/learning in public streets.

@inreverse, thats a testimony for the build quality of NHC :thumbs up
Quote:

Originally Posted by inreverse (Post 1387294)
Definitely I owe my life's respect to this car and that's the one reason my uncle bought it from me. She is a life saver.

Actually, there is nothing to worry - the thick A-pillars do the job perfectly. clap: Check the pictures below.
Quote:

I can only get nightmares thinking "What if she had landed on her roof?"
Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8guzzler (Post 113429)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_know (Post 1413226)
Acutally a little bigger than a Lancer/Accent, its a Peugeot 406 and seriously people who dont know how to do a drift shouldnt be trying it out/learning in public streets.

On second look, they could have pulled the drift maneuver pretty successfully hadn't it been for the embankment/footpath. The driver miscalculated the whole stunt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1413192)
Hain!? Wait a minute! Thats not even a tall boy. Thats a sedan, the size of a Lancer/Accent.

Yes, and that's not even India. My point, you can screwup in any car, doesn't have to be a tall boy.

Yet Another Theory on the "drift"

That even looks to be a fork rather than a turning. Why would the driver want to go sideways down it?

I wonder if a last minute decision to take the left fork, not even a very sharp turn, might not have turned to disaster because of ice, or oil. or even loose gravel on the road?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1414642)
Yet Another Theory on the "drift"

That even looks to be a fork rather than a turning. Why would the driver want to go sideways down it?

I wonder if a last minute decision to take the left fork, not even a very sharp turn, might not have turned to disaster because of ice, or oil. or even loose gravel on the road?

He's definitely trying a drift. Why else would he have a cameraman?

This is what i saw on my way to Agra. The truck went off the road and was resting in the small nallah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK (Post 1414598)
Yes, and that's not even India. My point, you can screwup in any car, doesn't have to be a tall boy.

You can screw-up in any car. Even F1 cars have flipped after their wheels dug in sliding into the gravel. In this case, the car flipped 'cause it hit the curb otherwise it wouldn't have. But that's not the point. Point is to know the limit of the car and trying a drift at 80kmph in loose sand seems to be way over the limit as the (WagonR) driver found out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by discoverwild (Post 1413174)
Here's one wrecked piece from Chengalpet.

This is absolutely shcoking. From the initial pic of the front, there was no way, I could recognize that it was the Innova.:Shockked:

Saw this when crossing Trichy yesterday morning!!

Ouch! Ohh! and thats a guy checking the underbody of the Skoda! I thought for a moment there still was a man trapped under it. Did this happen at night ? There is no indication of a divider starting whatsoever.

Pity the samplings have to grow again.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ram.west (Post 1415277)
Saw this when crossing Trichy yesterday morning!!

Maybe the headlights were turned off and hence the driver didn't see the 'gap' in the divider.
Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1415285)
Did this happen at night ? There is no indication of a divider starting whatsoever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 1415297)
Pity the samplings have to grow again.....

Thats a very very sarcastic comment diabloolol:, but yeah, on a lighter note, that part of the divider needs attention from the gardener. stupid:. If this had happened in the early hours of the day, the driver might have switched off the headlight, but any idea of the actual reason for this?

Quote:

Pity the samplings have to grow again.
Maybe the headlights were turned off and hence the driver didn't see the 'gap' in the divider.

Or possibly the poor guy was blinded by lights from an oncoming vehicle, and thanks to no reflectors on the divider, he went onto it. Seriously, why would he switch off his headlights and drive?!

Quote:

Maybe he was blinded by an oncoming Honda :uncontrol

But seriously what logic was that ?! :Shockked: