Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1980.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4631939)
Some people just can't manage to drive without crashing, even on an empty road. Luckily for this 'hero', there was no one around.

Driver, after the accident, reminded me of Chahal in this year's World Cup.

Attachment 1901780

This reminds me of an incident way back in late 1993. One fine Sunday morning at about 7 am I was at a cafe, sipping a cup of tea, looking out onto the road which has a small chaman.

An auto-rickshaw came from one side, circled the roundabout at usual speed. A boy emerged onto the road. The auto wallah tried to evade the boy but physics kicked in and the auto toppled. The boy stopped in his tracks. The driver emerged from beneath the auto and started towards him, spewing expletives. The boy stared at him and said, ' I will tell my father", and went off. The auto wallah, flummoxed, didn't know what to say, scratched his groin, and went off.

We couldn't help laughing seeing the auto wallah's predicament.:)

This had happened near my neighborhood.

https://youtu.be/nHHIdEbonnU

I believe Santro driver got distracted or was day dreaming for some reason and failed to notice the incoming Omni. Probably Omni driver was expecting Santro guy to fall in line and but as fate says he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. However if he had been more pro-active this could have been avoided.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonHawk (Post 4672873)

I believe Santro driver got distracted or was day dreaming for some reason and failed to notice the incoming Omni. Probably Omni driver was expecting Santro guy to fall in line and but as fate says he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. However if he had been more pro-active this could have been avoided.

That Alto in the beginning of your video. Why such a hurry :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonHawk (Post 4672873)

Can't make it from the video but I am 99.99% positive the santro driver must be on his mobile either talking or texting. This is a general phenomenon which I observe in lot of drivers these days. What amuses me is even with cars equipped with bluetooth the drivers prefer to hold the phone and talk. Even a friend of mine keeps texting on whatsapp while driving. Everytime I am with him I have to point it out and ask him not to do this atleast with me. Some people just dont learn:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind71181 (Post 4672926)
That Alto in the beginning of your video. Why such a hurry :Frustrati

I have been seeing his antics for more than a km and in the current state of Bannerghatta Road from Nice road exit, he was bulldozing his way through as if he was testing the Alto`s suspension. Somewhere in my mind I was feeling this guy should have been there in place of poor Omni fellow. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 4673007)
Can't make it from the video but I am 99.99% positive the santro driver must be on his mobile either talking or texting.

There were people in the car so in all probability this might be the case as well. Looking at his approach probably one would think his steering got locked up.
Quote:

This is a general phenomenon which I observe in lot of drivers these days. What amuses me is even with cars equipped with bluetooth the drivers prefer to hold the phone and talk. Even a friend of mine keeps texting on whatsapp while driving. Everytime I am with him I have to point it out and ask him not to do this atleast with me. Some people just dont learn:Frustrati
My biggest fear of driving in cities is having such people in the driver seat. These are the breed of people who are typically involved in incidents related to rear endings, no increase of fine will help to change the habit of such idiots.

lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonHawk (Post 4673037)

My biggest fear of driving in cities is having such people in the driver seat. These are the breed of people who are typically involved in incidents related to rear endings, no increase of fine will help to change the habit of such idiots.

My thoughts exactly:Frustrati

Now with the app-based taxi drivers + ride-sharing/car-pooling guys + the moron driver listening to (or worse, watching) youtube videos + the learner driver + the food delivery guys + the random morons --> virtually every single driving person using mobile-phones at the wheels and obviously distracted from their main task at hand, I feel like a loner who just pair up mine to the car's BT and listen to songs/FM only.

Being finicky about maintaining the car in tip-top shape, I fear taking out mine on the city roads... only when the missus is ready to loan her humble Nano, I feel comfortable driving thru city roads (evil grin)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4656085)
I suggest you to visit the ASC and enquire if they really replaced the part or scammed you or the insurance about the same.

Thanks for the inputs @audioholic!
I asked them to replace the part, but, they said that no part replacement is needed since it was a small dent (I rubbed a wall during office MLCP parking).
Since the dent is small, I too obliged. But, never expected this kind of work from them. Service is due in a month. Will get this to their notice, and hopefully, it'll be painted in a better way this time around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71 (Post 4656092)
I learnt it the hard way recently. It really depends on the quality of the paint and its adhesion to the surface. In my case, its a new Verna with factory paint.

Thanks for the comparison!
I'm glad that OEM paint hasn't come off in my case. But, at the same time, not happy with the job done by service center guys. Planning to take it up with them in my next visit to the workshop.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
To know how to multi-quote, click here.

https://youtu.be/t2280ERzXHA

This happened in front of me at the end of September. Not exactly a 'near' miss, but thankfully I was maintaining sufficient distance from the bike in front and was slow.

Thankfully the rider was wearing a helmet as it saved him a LOT of trouble (his head bounced off the road when he fell).

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 4675139)

This happened in front of me at the end of September. Not exactly a 'near' miss, but thankfully I was maintaining sufficient distance from the bike in front and was slow.

Thankfully the rider was wearing a helmet as it saved him a LOT of trouble (his head bounced off the road when he fell).

While this was a near thing for you, this would be best in the accidents thread.

Considering there was no traffic lights, the biker overtook the auto without any vision of any traffic that he may encounter and paid the price. It was good that he had his helmet and strapped as well.

Quote:

ah! Yet another example of surging ahead without having a proper view in all directions.

That rider who was riding across without a helmet also guilty of the same. Looks like he got away with just a scratch on his bike maybe!

To state the obvious- Helmets even when we go to the shop on the next street.

Never EVER assume ANYTHING on our roads. Situations change at the blink of an eye :mad:.

A couple of bike accidents captured on CCTV. In both instances the bikers were trying to get across the road but did not pay attention
1. In this case the car was doing a decent speed and the biker completely misjudged or missed seeing the car.

https://youtu.be/iEBAMl0mpzY

You can see the chaos at this junction (RC Puram junction in Tirupati) after the accident with a couple of close calls. There is another accident posted at this junction a few posts ago. The junction will probably benefit from some traffic lights (if it's not a highway).

2. Biker tries to make a quick move across the road on the wrong side and pays the price for his carelessness.

https://youtu.be/637ROJmr1jw

Both these are easily avoidable accidents.

Saddened to hear about the demise of 4 young hockey players of Madhya Pradesh State Hockey Academy on Monday. Let their souls RIP.

From the looks of it, I guess it's a swift Dezire and the article says 7 people were travelling in it :Shockked: It is beyond my imagination how 7 full adults can fit into it ?

We can safely assume that no safety feature would have helped lives in this accident !

Source : The New India Express

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjiRoss (Post 4675354)
2. Biker tries to make a quick move across the road on the wrong side and pays the price for his carelessness.

I think the other biker was injured more grievously and not the one who did careless turn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avingodb (Post 4675511)
I think the other biker was injured more grievously and not the one who did careless turn.

You are right.
The person turning is not wearing a helmet. Can't make out the helmet in the person who had the bad fall - looks like his head took a strong hit. He seems unconscious too. Hope he survived.

Quote:

Good that you maintained some distance.

I have seen numerous instances of this in Bangalore. People overtaking a stopped vehicle and do not have a clear view. Both bikers made mistakes but the one gunning the roundabout was much more at fault.

The one common thread I find in all these accidents is that people try and 'adjust' their speed so that they pass safely - so either slow down or speed up to avoid an accident but because of so many other variables, this is usually not a good idea.

A lot of it is down to common sense, which is well, very uncommon