Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1911.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 4598962)
The cyclist going on ... crosser

+ Bikers without helmet :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4598936)
Accidents waiting to happen - Can you spot all the traffic violations in this pic?

Pedestrian crossing without pedestrian crossing without Ironman suit.

Quote:

...Can you spot all the traffic violations in this pic?

There's enough space to the bus' right for another reckless biker. Amateurs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 4598962)
The cyclist going on the wrong side
The lorry who has no business overtaking like that
The bus, oh God the bus!
The road crosser

That's almost all of them. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee (Post 4598979)
Some call accidents for themselves. Others just become victims of the situation for no fault of theirs.
While driving I always remind myself that many lives depend on the way I drive my car. It helps me in keeping my adrenaline low.

That's a good perspective, Samitji. Will try to implement the same into my driving as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by self_driven (Post 4598980)
+ Bikers without helmet :Frustrati

Yes! It's the only one that deathwalkr missed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan (Post 4599050)
Pedestrian crossing without pedestrian crossing without Ironman suit.

Well noted, that Ironman suit better be strong enough to withstand both the bus as well as the incoming lorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4599149)
There's enough space to the bus' right for another reckless biker. Amateurs!

rl: This one had me in splits !

The photographer deserves his due credit for this wonderfully timed snap. He shows everything wrong with Indian traffic with just 1 photo.

Bike stunt/racing Mania grips youth. This problem is becoming an epidemic. The following two videos happened on one such congregation this Sunday late night at Marina, Chennai. Two youths lost their lives on that night(not in the video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4rCdcJ598

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSFXX5j_QIA

So a BP tanker has an accident and the fuel starts leaking onto the road. What are we expected to do about it? Yes, of course - We stand in queue with our bucket to collect our free fuel. What could possibly go wrong here ? :Frustrati

http://youtu.be/z19VDNFXA40

Quote:

Can you spot all the traffic violations in this pic?

How about the truck without a windshield!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4599508)
How about the truck without a windshield!!

Good catch that! clap:

And the biker at least the one driving seems to have the helmet on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4599494)
So a BP tanker has an accident and the fuel starts leaking onto the road. What are we expected to do about it? Yes, of course - We stand in queue with our bucket to collect our free fuel. What could possibly go wrong here ? :Frustrati

This happens a lot in Nigeria, fuel pipes from refineries to ports are punctured and people collect fuel. Loads of deaths due to fires

Quote:

Reminds me of this past incident from Pakistan where 153 people were burned (many of them were incinerated and vanished without a trace left) when they were mopping up petrol spilt on the road with buckets.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/25/asia/...tan/index.html

Quote:

Accidents waiting to happen - Can you spot all the traffic violations in this pic?

I guess the violation starts with wrong marking on the road. On a curve, it has to be a solid white line and then everyone else is moving as being in a park.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4599611)
I guess the violation starts with wrong marking on the road. On a curve, it has to be a solid white line and then everyone else is moving as being in a park.

Thinking of what Turbanator has written I think that this can very well be a one way road, with the opposite alignment a short distance away.
Some parts of NH66 (previous NH16) have been doubled that way, with original road one way in one direction, and a new road parallel to it a 100M or so away and the middle part even having houses.

Rahul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahul Rao (Post 4599733)
Thinking of what Turbanator has written I think that this can very well be a one way road...

If that is the case, then the biker is going the wrong way. At least the cyclist is off road.

And the photographer is standing in the middle of the road. ;)

Quote:

Not really traffic related, but I have seen two news items where the stupidity of people is equal to this...

--- running onto a bridge to watch it being washed away.

--- running towards a fire at a fireworks factory to watch close up.

Even if people do not think, there is a reason why nature has given us fear: even the most illiterate, ignorant, stupid person in the world should have some natural self-preservation instinct.

No idea how recently the tanker damage had happened at the time of the video. There is no sign of any emergency service. Perhaps all that sort of stuff happened eventually? The road should be cleared of traffic and people and closed for quite some distance. I wonder how they handled it? Some super-brave people would have to transfer that fuel. Pollution aspects to this too.

I'd have to take up smoking again to be brave enough to go near that petrol ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4599737)
And the photographer is standing in the middle of the road. ;)

Thankfully the road seems to be bending to the left of the pic.

But this is an all too common site on any single carriageway, and sometimes to my horror on a dual carriageway as well. Have seen dual carriageways being used as two single carriageways in Odisha. Don't really know the psychology behind it but people waiting for a bus were standing on the median, which goes to suggest this is considered normal.