Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1893.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 4580981)
KSRTC bus rams tempo traveller

The front left side of the bus has impacted the mid to rear left of the TT van. Shows that the TT van driver tried desperately to avoid the bus by swerving to the right and yet the approaching bus ripped through the rear left portion of the Van.

On undivided highways, the biggest risk is of vehicles in the opposite lane suddenly overtaking the vehicle ahead of them and coming in your path. A very scary heart-in-mouth situation to be in. Especially if its a heavy passenger vehicle like a bus (truck driver's are usually more disciplined), they are least bothered to check whether there is any vehicle approaching in the opposite lane before initiating the overtaking.
Eg: Bangalore-Tirupati road used to be notorious for this behaviour earlier when the road was undivided.

You have only two options to pre-empt or deter them from this behavior 1) Honk or 2)flash to deter the approaching vehicle from doing that rash overtake and coming into your path.

Found this on Facebook. The car seems to be Brio.

Quote:

Near Burapahar range (in Nagaon), the Garodias’ car met with a head-on collision with a Traveller vehicle and the Garodia couple died on the spot. Both their sons who got critically injured were rushed to the hospital.
Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverKill (Post 4579787)
Well another crumple zone doing its job here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverKill (Post 4580186)
Looks like I am the only one coming across such images of the Ciaz.

I like the way those rear wings open up in these cars, on impact. Does it has anything to do with the aerodynamics of this car?

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg

Another Accident in New Delhi. A man using phone ran over his nephew.

Quote:

A man, distracted by his mobile phone while driving, ran over his nephew who he had just got off the SUV and was walking towards his home. The child is battling for his life at AIIMS with serious injuries to head,chest and other organs.

Link

Video of the same is available on TOI site.
Saddening to see people being so careless.

Negligent driving aside, I'm appalled that a 3 year old is allowed/expected to disembark and walk across a car on his own to safety.

Why not take a minute and drop him on the side he needs to go, taking away the risk of having to walk across the car completely?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz (Post 4581110)
I like the way those rear wings open up in these cars, on impact. Does it has anything to do with the aerodynamics of this car?

Joking aside, it is incredible that the taillamp is sturdier than the sheet metal around it! I expected the lamps to shatter bend long before the metal gives way but here, it appears to be the opposite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4581126)
Negligent driving aside, I'm appalled that a 3 year old is allowed/expected to disembark and walk across a car on his own to safety.

Why not take a minute and drop him on the side he needs to go, taking away the risk of having to walk across the car completely?

RIP.
Exactly. This would have eliminated the danger not only from his own car but also from other vehicles like motorcycles which would ply on lanes unaware of the child emerging from the blind spot (car).

This is why we have attendants in school buses to make sure that the students are not run over by the bus after disembarking.

On a related note, in most US states, it is illegal to pass from both sides of a school bus that is disembarking students. The traffic comes to stop on both sides of the school bus when it is disembarking and resumes only after the school bus starts moving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz (Post 4581110)

Attachment 1871845
Attachment 1871846

Yes, they are speed brakes/air brakes. Help slow down the car in case of emergencies.Automatically deployed lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwin07 (Post 4581167)
RIP.
Exactly. This would have eliminated the danger not only from his own car but also from other vehicles like motorcycles which would ply on lanes unaware of the child emerging from the blind spot (car).

The kid is not dead. As per the report, he is alive and battling for his life.

Another crash at Delhi's Signature Bridge.

It seems to be a classic case of not wearing seat belts as the driver lost control of the vehicle and was flung out of the car when it hit the railing. He fell down 40 feet from the bridge and died on the way to hospital.

Two occupants seated at the rear escaped unhurt while one occupant on the co-driver seat suffered some injuries. It appears that the airbags did not deploy. But the point of impact is the front left wheel which could be a reason for that.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-carcrash.jpg

Quote:

A 23-year-old man died and his three friends were injured after the SUV they were travelling in hit a divider on the Signature Bridge Thursday morning
Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by vshankarhere (Post 4581195)
The kid is not dead. As per the report, he is alive and battling for his life.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/delh...w/69033070.cms

No. As per the latest reports, unfortunately, the boy succumbed to his injuries. A case of murder by negligence is registered.
RIP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwin07 (Post 4581213)
https://m.timesofindia.com/city/delh...w/69033070.cms

No. As per the latest reports, unfortunately, the boy succumbed to his injuries. A case of murder by negligence is registered.
RIP.

Oh. That is really sad. The poor boy has to pay with his life for somebody else's negligence.

Thanks to Shrihari Sampathkumar for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:

Hi Team,

I came across a video which was very disturbing - rogues on the highway took a different dimension in attacking vehicles/persons at night time.

This happened in Madurai Thiruppuramkundram bypass where one person can be seen placing a big stone in middle of the road to destabilise vehicles and make something out of it. I would request you to post this in your Accidents section or create a new thread if possible to alert our user community.
https://youtu.be/KiUDcrlAlPk

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image001.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image002.jpg

Source: Facebook

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4581258)
Thanks to Shrihari Sampathkumar for sending this information in.

This is being discussed here already. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post4580042

This kind of act was very common in Bihar about 25 years back but instead of rock, they would use a thick rope across the road to throw riders to the ground. And these miscreants would work in groups.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4581258)
Thanks to Shrihari Sampathkumar for sending this information in...

Now that the CCTV footage is publicly available, I really hope the law catches up with this animal and sets an example. It's really shocking to see the levels that humanity has stooped down to.

I had come across another such incident on another thread where the villagers throw a doll or something under the car and then gather around demanding money. That was still tolerable to some extent, but in this case, people's lives are literally being played with. Hope we get to know how this case plays out further.