Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1865.html)

Spotted this accident on the 19th! Looks like it was a major one involving 9-10 cars.
Start the video from 1.45 onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2-05-8DcIo&t=3s

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Slow (Post 4548748)
Spotted this accident on the 19th! Looks like it was a major one involving 9-10 cars.

A video of this incident is circulating on WhatsApp now and has been posted in other threads here. As usual masala was added on WhatsApp that someone in the front stopped to see the aircrafts practicing for Aero show and that caused it.

Another story is that a two wheeler created some confusion for the Airport taxi in the front but he managed to halt in time. But the Merc and others behind him could not :Shockked:.

Anyway waiting for others to share what they have heard!

Quote:

:Shockked:

BTP doesn't seem to agree with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalin1 (Post 4548762)
Another story is that a .....

And another is that-

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190222wa0009.jpg

:Frustrati

Quote:

Start the video from 1.45 onwards.

So the company RTT has already bought a Mercedes V-Class (as seen in the video @ 01:40)! Are they a Hoteliers or Transport people?

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 4548873)

Video posted by Captain Slow clearly shows the Brezza and so does the image quoted in the tabloid.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bellary_road_accident.jpg

The only truth is that this accident has no remote relation to Aero India show as this happened somewhere after Hebbal towards Mekhri Circle!!!

Speeding car rams into a bike in Coimbatore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2lvjkrqVac

The biker seems to be entering the road in the opposite direction. He comes to a stop seeing an oncoming vehicle, which seems to be out of control. He got flung a good 5-10m.

There are conflicting reports on the nature of injuries to the biker. Some say he is critical and some say he escaped with minor injuries.
There are also reports that this was a case of street racing, not sure.

It's best to have a specific tool, easily accessible and ready to use. A window breaker/seat belt cutter combo stuck to the side of the driver seat is probably ideal.

Improvisation might make sense in theory, but panic and steady hands usually never go together, so don't put yourself in a spot where you need to reach out for or disengage something in a time-sensitive emergency.

Quote:

Spotted this accident on the 19th! Looks like it was a major one involving 9-10 cars.Moolee GREEN 54px.png

Video seems legit and syncs well with the photos. The cops and the news article are definitely wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cp171185 (Post 4548746)
Some people were making comments on social network platforms that it is a biker's fault! Someone please help me to understand.

Don't really know which road this is but it does seem like the biker was going to go the wrong way and came in the way of the grey car overtaking the white car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 4548474)
This incident happened in Kerala, Bishop Jerome College Kollam.

A drift show on what looks like a basketball court what seems like loose barricades for safety is a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajathv8 (Post 4548143)
Looks like an Audi A3. Can be seen in the image here: https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le26325280.ece

Not jumping to conclusions but there are many cars that overtake a truck from left and immediately take a U Turn. A 10 ton truck is not going to really stop. There are quite a few video examples of these on this thread. From the pic, the Audi seems to have a more upright left side as compared to the right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazmaan (Post 4548576)
Most of the headrests of modern cars have a tapering end so that they can be used to break the glass. Just remove the one in the car and check it's a really thoughtful and useful feature.

whether they the pipes of the headrest have a tapering end or not ; in some models, the headrest is not easily removable from the top of the seat. The easily removable ones have a small button that juts out from one of the two 'slide hole plastic casing' s -- push the single button to remove the entire headrest. However, other types have two recessed buttons deep inside each of the two slide hole plastic casings - both of them need to be pressed from the side, simultaneously, using needles. Thats almost impossible, in an emergency. I hope this post will act as FYI and whoever is reading will be made aware what 'type' of headrest removal system we have in our respective carts.

Happened today on BRTS road, Vijayawada. As per the news report, the bus driver lost control as the brakes failed and rammed into a couple of vehicles before coming to halt.

Fortunately no major casualties/ mortalities.

Who should be held responsible here? Speeding bus driver or transport authorities for lacking supervision on vehicle condition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MHgjLro6k

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 4548962)
Creta-Auto accident in KL

This happened long back and was reported on this thread earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 4549121)
Happened today on BRTS road, Vijayawada. As per the news report, the bus driver lost control as the brakes failed and rammed into a couple of vehicles before coming to halt.

So close, the guy who was sitting at the back of the cycle rickshaw brushed his back on the side of the tyres, so close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mukund (Post 4548915)
Speeding car rams into a bike in Coimbatore
The biker seems to be entering the road in the opposite direction. He comes to a stop seeing an oncoming vehicle, which seems to be out of control. He got flung a good 5-10m.

There are conflicting reports on the nature of injuries to the biker. Some say he is critical and some say he escaped with minor injuries.
There are also reports that this was a case of street racing, not sure.

The bike has "Live to Drive" sticker, so looks like a Team BHP member. Hope he is safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalin1 (Post 4548762)

Nothing Related to the airshow, Happened on the 19th of Feb @ 9.20AM. Just after CBI road on the flyover - Before the Uturn to Sanjay Nagar.

To me, it looked like as if the Innova brushed against the cabbie causing him to brake hard causing the other cars to crash into each other. A biker was also involved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 4548873)

And another is that-

:Frustrati

I was driving that way, it's from my dash cam! How can the news say it " happened long back"
As President Trump Says - FAKE NEWS AT its very best! :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4548909)
Video posted by Captain Slow clearly shows the Brezza and so does the image quoted in the tabloid.

The only truth is that this accident has no remote relation to Aero India show as this happened somewhere after Hebbal towards Mekhri Circle!!!

Indeed just after CBI office on the flyover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g (Post 4548922)

Don't really know which road this is but it does seem like the biker was going to go the wrong way and came in the way of the grey car overtaking the white car.

Read Above about what happened.
Well, I could be wrong, I was just the Idiot driving by! and the Dashcam recorded everything, Maybe the news channel knows better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by locusjag (Post 4548132)
while car headrests can be used to break windows in an emergency, they weren't designed with that in mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajathv8 (Post 4548143)
Play the situation in your mind: door lock fails -> reach over to the rear seat and pull the seat backrest down -> move the boot cover -> use the latch to open boot door -> get out.
To me this is easier than trying to break the glass with the headrest in a hatchback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 4548160)
Keep a small stick inside the car for these situations. Will help in breaking windows if you are trapped and to defend yourself against rowdy road rage elements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajathv8 (Post 4548188)
Tempered glass is really tough. Pin point hard impact can shatter it while a blunt hammer may fail to do so. Having a stick may not be helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yieldway17 (Post 4548280)
There are many glass breaker plus seat belt cutter utilities made just for this on the market. Buy one and stick it with a velcro under or beside your driver seat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazmaan (Post 4548576)
Most of the headrests of modern cars have a tapering end so that they can be used to break the glass.

I have placed a claw hammer and a safety cutter in the tray below passenger seat. I have practiced accessing the tray from driver seat. However, I am not satisfied with position of safety cutter, as it should be accessible to cut seat belt, in case it can't be unbuckled. Will check pasting the cutter with tape in driver door map pocket.

[Below images taken from internet for reference]
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-claw-hammer.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-safety-cutter.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by rajathv8 (Post 4548188)
Watch this:

I would have loved if they had demonstrated how a claw hammer performs in this case.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4548626)
Thing is, though, I always found it fiddly and difficult. Wouldn't like to try it with flames around my knees and smoke in my eyes!

Yes. Real life situations are unpredictable. One key factor is how fast the fire spreads. From what we have read in this thread and elsewhere, in many cases, occupants hardly had seconds before whole vehicle was engulfed in flames.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4548921)
It's best to have a specific tool, easily accessible and ready to use. A window breaker/seat belt cutter combo stuck to the side of the driver seat is probably ideal... Improvisation might make sense in theory, but panic and steady hands usually never go together, so don't put yourself in a spot where you need to reach out for or disengage something in a time-sensitive emergency.

True. However, in many cases it's not just what we do. Sometimes we end up at receiving end due to other road users, machine failures, combined with sheer bad luck.
Quote:

Originally Posted by venkyhere (Post 4548931)
I hope this post will act as FYI and whoever is reading will be made aware what 'type' of headrest removal system we have in our respective carts.

Thanks. Your point is important, I'll re-check in my vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoNoob (Post 4549247)
I have placed a claw hammer and a safety cutter in the tray below passenger seat. ... not satisfied with position of safety cutter, as it should be accessible to cut seat belt, in case it can't be unbuckled. .

I purchased the below product couple of years back.

Compact Keychain size and specifically designed to shatter glass windows and cut through seat belts.

https://youtu.be/vud2eZKJfH4