Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1860.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 4541094)
Kerala has the highest rate of road accidents/fatalities in India, caused by a vicious combo of bad roads, crappy driving/licensing system (same all over India) & no awareness of traffic rules or any clue about defensive / predictive driving.

This might sound like a sweeping statement but I tend to be very wary of any KL registered 4 wheeler ( bus or car) on the highway. Most of them are extremely rash with complete disregard for fellow travelers on the road. It is no surprise that accident/fatality rate is so high in Kerala.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satishv1987 (Post 4542775)
. KL registered ......Most of them are extremely rash

As per the surveys, the number road rage incidents is three times higher in Kerala than the other state which is ranked #2 (sources: 1, 2)

However the main reason is attributed to the poor road conditions/general infrastructure and narrow roads in Kerala which results in higher stress levels and competitive attitude among the drivers leading to rash driving/ road rage and over time unfortunately becomes a general culture/trend.

Improving the road conditions and infrastructure should be able to reverse this trend over time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarvodaya (Post 4541925)
In a gruesome accident, a woman was crushed while she was waiting for bus.

Attachment 1846335

Source: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/67906316.cms

This is horrifying.

There are so many things that are wrong with this. Chief being what are people doing standing in between the roads? Why is that bus stopping there? I wonder what will it take to bring awareness to people and drivers? Till then we continue losing precious lives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pratyush6 (Post 4542968)
This is horrifying.

There are so many things that are wrong with this. Chief being what are people doing standing in between the roads?

I thought the primary reason is the truck lost its brake or whatever needed to stop it. If the bus was not there, the truck would have gone further ahead and rammed into something else. Really sad, what a difference fraction of seconds can make. Had she seen a second earlier the lorry coming, she would have sneaked out like the other lady next to her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbppjpr (Post 4542680)
When two 'ZERO' stars go meet in a frontal crash.

7 injured in a collusion between Alto and Swift.

Attachment 1847084

Attachment 1847086

Attachment 1847087

Source

Could not understand the news. Hope there are no fatalities. Hope the injured recover soon. Hope they drive safer in the future. Hope we do not see the "Collision of Crumple Zones"

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4542949)
As per the surveys, the number road rage incidents is three times higher in Kerala than the other state which is ranked #2 (sources: 1, 2)

However the main reason is attributed to the poor road conditions/general infrastructure and narrow roads in Kerala which results in higher stress levels and competitive attitude among the drivers leading to rash driving/ road rage and over time unfortunately becomes a general culture/trend.

Improving the road conditions and infrastructure should be able to reverse this trend over time.

There is a difference between road rage and rash driving cases filed and actual road rage happening at the ground. In my 11 year stint in Trivandrum, I have been fortunate that I never been in a road rage situation, neither have I seen or heard anyone who was in a road rage related situation.

Accidents do happen and I have seen all the parties wait at the accident site for cops to come, register a case and they all go their respective ways once they receive a copy of the FIR needed for the insurance claim.

On the other hand I have had multiple road rage related incidents in Delhi where I was dragged into. In Pune its a business to unnecessarily blame out of state motorists of hit and run a extort funny amount of money out of them.

All these puncture gang, thak thak gang do not exist in Kerala for obvious reasons, people here abide by the law, people actually take the pain to report issues, Trivandrum was rated as one of the best cities in India to live (Source)

Cant imagine a city which has the highest road rage related incidents being the best city to live in. lol:

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 4543220)
There is a difference between road rage and rash driving cases filed and actual road rage happening at the ground. In my 11 year stint in Trivandrum, I have been fortunate that I never been in a road rage situation, neither have I seen or heard anyone who was in a road rage related situation.

I agree! Rash driving and related accidents are plenty, but I have not seen road rage incidents happening around. Infact I have noticed huge improvement in road manners – drivers in general have started showing a bit of patience and giving way to fellow road users.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4543261)
I agree! Rash driving and related accidents are plenty, but I have not seen road rage incidents happening around. Infact I have noticed huge improvement in road manners – drivers in general have started showing a bit of patience and giving way to fellow road users.

Exactly, I have been fortunate enough to drive almost throughout the length of the country and I have not seen the kind of traffic law enforcement we have in Kerala, anywhere else in the country.

I agree that most roads are not divided and the infrastructure should improve, but road rage? Seriously?

Its time we ensure we get our daily dosage of news from the right places instead some trigger happy websites, which is known to report half baked or cooked up stories.

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4543261)

In general, I agree this is true to most of the general population of kerala, but the bus drivers of kerala are something of a different breed all together. I am sure sitting in the front seat (behind the driver) one will get to experience more "thriller" rides than in wonder-la or such amusement parks!!

I have had few experiences which were literally nerve wracking and In the interest of my nerves and blood pressure, I avoid these seats while going in KSRTC (kerala) buses. Private bus operators are also extremely impatient and continuously honk and come dangerously close behind you. I have seen many newbies and outstation drivers taking their cars off the road to the track on the sides because of these super fast buses!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4542949)

I tend to disagree with this. I drive quite often between Trivandrum to Thrissur (atleast once a month) and have not found rash car/suv drivers though KSRTC/Interstate VOLVO/Scania/Private buses in some areas like Kochi/Calicut/Cannanore is a different story altogether. Only places where I have seen people to bit impatient are in some pockets Cannanore and Malapuram.
As for the report, I think the reporting of the cases due to strict vigilance by MVD/Police gets highlighted.

Ref: https://mvd.kerala.gov.in/index.php/...uments/477-sed

Quote:

The MVD had installed high resolution cameras in March last in the wake of increasing cases of rash driving and accidents in the area. “At least two to three thousand cases of speed limit violations are registered on the stretch every day. The department receives a monthly revenue of Rs 1.5-Rs 1.9 crore,” he said.
Ref: https://www.news18.com/news/india/ke...e-1802105.html

There are a lots of speed cameras through out Kerala apart from lots surprise checking by police with Speed cameras. Even once I was caught with high-beam which I had forgotten to set it low-beam when exiting 4 lane near Kochi (this was some 5+ years back).

Saw this accident today morning. Idiot biker almost got himself killed. :Frustrati
Hope he has learnt the lesson not to squeeze in every possible gap and to give all vehicles the space they require.

http://youtu.be/yDJJhxLk--k

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4545078)
Saw this accident today morning. Idiot biker almost got himself killed. :Frustrati

That guy just got saved by a whisker! :eek:

These long trailers have a crazy turning radius and if other vehicles don't account for this especially when the trailer is taking a turn, they can get trapped or pinched. For no fault of the trailer.

Quote:

Hope he has learnt the lesson not to squeeze in every possible gap and to give all vehicles the space they require.

]

That idiot is very very lucky not to have been dragged under the trailer. Feel for the trucker as he will be harassed for no fault of his. Ideally, sharing this video clip with the cop would have cleared him immediately.

Quote:

Please consider sharing this video with the police.
Truck number is visible in the video and you can easily find out the police station where he was taken to.
delay will reduce its usefulness.

I witnessed one such incident and when police were about victimize the truck driver, I pulled aside and invited the CI into my car and shown him the video and agreed to share it, if needed. One look at it and both police and victim acknowledged whose mistake is it and the truck driver was let go of.
All it took is 30 minutes for me but that poor truck driver would have saved a small fortune for himself, besides the trouble.

Quote:

+1.
Himself and most of two wheelers are not aware a blind spots of heavy vehicles. I bet most of them may have never heard of the term altogether.