Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2019, 18:37   #27766
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Check this video. I am not sure whether it is accessible or not.

This is not related to an accident, but an averted one.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th January 2019 at 14:49. Reason: Minor formatting
Hickstead is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 08:28   #27767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check this video.

This is not related to an accident, but an averted one.
Holy "COW" !!

If only Vin Diesel, Rohit Shetty or Aditya Chopra get a look at this clip, this truck driver may well get to be a stunt driver for sure.
Vik0728 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:21   #27768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Not sure how it happened, but most people say he was riding fast, went over the other side, Eon braked hard but Tempo Traveller behind Eon coudnt brake in time and Eon dragged that guy under it.
This is what even I heard though I am not sure. Unfortunately the lady driver will have some trouble till she is given a clean chit by the cops. This for no fault of hers. I wonder as to what can such a person do when caught in such situations?

Sharing links of the news in English -

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/67648344.cms

https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pu...w/67647949.cms

but look at the difference in reporting by the two reporters and this infact is from within the same Newspaper - one the main newspaper and the other one is the supplement. Whats caught my attention (and somewhat angered me as well) here is the below statement from Pune Mirror report -

Quote:
As he rammed into the divider, he was thrown off the bike to the other side of the road. As he lay on the road another car, driving fast, his head within seconds leading to the death of the boy on the spot
This too the reporter has mentioned as being stated by a cop on anonymity (probably a way adding some spice and masala to the story without being held accountable). Is a person expected to be driving a car at 5kmph on the road in a car?
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:42   #27769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Holy "COW" !!

If only Vin Diesel, Rohit Shetty or Aditya Chopra get a look at this clip, this truck driver may well get to be a stunt driver for sure.
Also take a look at the dog after the truck moves on after braking. Looking at both the sides and then marching towards the truck driver's cabin.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 12:20   #27770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post

but look at the difference in reporting by the two reporters and this infact is from within the same Newspaper - one the main newspaper and the other one is the supplement. Whats caught my attention (and somewhat angered me as well) here is the below statement from Pune Mirror report -

This too the reporter has mentioned as being stated by a cop on anonymity (probably a way adding some spice and masala to the story without being held accountable). Is a person expected to be driving a car at 5kmph on the road in a car?

Absolutely agree with you. What a poorly written article. The reporter says 10 AM is early in the morning; referring to police as "Cops"; a couple of typos and missed words... This is just my opinion but the article seems to be written in a casual manner, like he's talking to his friends, and no one seems to have bothered to proof read it.

Utter crap is being circulated as news these days.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th January 2019 at 14:49. Reason: Formatting quoted post and post in reply
Turrrb0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:43   #27771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Bunny Punia used to be one of the reviewers on Bike India. I think. I remember I used to read his columns in some bike mag.
Yes, started my career with Bike India (and Car India)

Yes, very much here and know most of the mods personally as we meet on events

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Bunny Punia is the Consulting Editor of Cartoq.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/bunnypunia
Thanks. I am now the Senior Editor and working full time.
BunnyPunia is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 13:09   #27772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
https://www.loksatta.com/pune-news/b...elmet-1827615/

Not sure how it happened, but most people say he was riding fast, went over the other side, Eon braked hard but Tempo Traveller behind Eon coudnt brake in time and Eon dragged that guy under it.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/pune-...MeVpel8PJ.html

HT Pune reports that he was driving a KTM250. Not trying to blame all KTM riders, but I have seen too many young kids on KTMs riding fast and recklessly without helmet in Pune, and this was bound to happen by law of averages.

Really unfortunate for the lady to get involved in this, will now need to deal with the authorities and the trauma of the accident till she gets cleared.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th January 2019 at 13:36. Reason: Minor formatting
Old 24th January 2019, 14:09   #27773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
Not trying to blame all KTM riders, but I have seen too many young kids on KTMs riding fast and recklessly without helmet in Pune, and this was bound to happen by law of averages.
Even I feel the same.

But I believe this is because the KTM motorcycles, barring the recent 125 Duke are a major step up in power and handling all the while being relatively affordable, when compared to the usual FZ-16s, Pulsars and Apaches which were earlier part of the Youth Squid Brigade.

Such power in the hands of immature 18 year olds was bound to have such consequences.
Turrrb0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 11:46   #27774
BHPian

A car, which was on its way to Bangalore (as reported), caught fire yesterday near Kuthiran on the Trichur Palakkad highway. It was a miraculous escape for the passengers. From the video, the car appears to be a total loss. Some major short is suspected.

sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 15:22   #27775
Senior - BHPian

Three college teachers were killed in a road accident in Dergaon, Assam - news.

Quote:
Three lecturers of Chandra Kamal Bezbaruah College in Teok were killed in a head-on crash in Dergaon last night, while another one sustained serious injuries. The horrific accident occurred at Balijan near Dergaon when the Scorpio (where the lecturers were travelling in) slammed head-on into a tank truck, according to eye witness.
NH-37 is single carriageway in that place. Both the vehicles were driven at high speed. According to a report speedometer of the Scorpio was stuck at 140 and it is suspected that airbags did not deploy because none were wearing seat belts in the Scorpio.
Attached Images

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 11:32   #27776
Senior - BHPian

This is an incident in Chennai where a person ended up damaging quite a few vehicles and injuring some bystanders when he tried to drive a relatives car without permission - apparently he wasn't competent enough.

Trying to drive away increased the damage and ended up with him getting thrashed.

Quote:
The boy, who clearly did not know driving, lost control of the vehicle and crashed against a few vehicles near his house. When some people on bikes shouted and chased him, he panicked and tried to speed away through Elaya Street, Sundaram Pillai Nagar and Vaidyanathan bridge.

“He went through narrow stretches, damaging bikes parked all along the street,” said a police officer. “He drove for at least to 2km.” A CCTV footage recovered from Elaya street showed the maroon colour car zipping across a street and damaging a motor bike. A few motorists were seen chasing the car. After crossing the bridge, he did not know how to bring the vehicle to a halt and rammed into a tree, damaging the vehicle.
Boy behind wheel leaves two injured, 10 vehicles damaged | Chennai News - Times of India
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/67716991.cms

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th January 2019 at 15:19. Reason: Minor formatting
BenjiRoss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 14:41   #27777
Distinguished - BHPian

In my newspaper this morning. The boy is 17.
Old 28th January 2019, 14:44   #27778
Senior - BHPian

Here is a drunk driving accident in Andhra Pradesh. This time a school bus.:

This time innocent school children the victims.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/scho...njured-1984171

The cops should do what ever it takes to get these drunk guys of the road.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th January 2019 at 14:48. Reason: Minor formatting
Old 29th January 2019, 11:51   #27779
BHPian

Translation - School going kid as pillion with Dad. Print says mini bus came and hit the duo and kid got killed.

Looks like dad overtaking bus and fell down and kid got crushed by back wheel as per eye witnesses.

Poor Kid - Om Shanthi.

This Kid is related to famous orator/professor Parveen Sulatana (Cousin)

The road mentioned in this and almost all roads in Pallavaram/Pammal/cowl bazar/anakaputhur are just mere two lane road with no dividers and heavy traffic both ways to almost 24X7
New and details by known person made my heart heavy and I couldn't easily get past this news..

Name:  aliya.png
Views: 5086
Size:  102.3 KB

pic courtesy: Dinakaran epaper

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th January 2019 at 15:20. Reason: added source of the news / minor formatting
Reisender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 07:23   #27780
BHPian

Found this accident on a Facebook page.
This occured during KTM Orange day ride. The 2 who met with accident were swerving bike unnecessarily and apparently it skidded after hitting a warning board during a swerve. They are seriously injured and being treated.

Posting a link to the original Post. It also contains the video of this accident and another gory picture of the injured.

Link
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1548812809113.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1548812817144.jpg  

Last edited by Neeraj1903 : 30th January 2019 at 07:31.
Neeraj1903 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks