Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1818.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 4470675)
A few days ago, I got a WhatsApp forward of a video of a boy getting run over by a Wagon-R and surprisingly escaping unscathed. I just could not believe it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx (Post 4470678)
This has been discussed rather extensively in this very thread just a couple of pages ago.

Here you go.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post4468396

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind71181 (Post 4466786)
Sad accident, child passed away :(

The car looks in a decent shape, a car seat would have been a life saver, I am assuming there was none here

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...critical-88907

Balabhaskar expires nearly a week after he was hospitalized. :'(

NDTV

May their souls RIP. I shudder to think of his wife when she regains consciousness. The accident reminds me of the death of Monisha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 4470900)

NDTV

May their souls RIP. I shudder to think of his wife when she regains consciousness. The accident reminds me of the death of Monisha.

I read this news with tears in my eyes. So unfortunate to lose life at such an young age. Reminded me of our very own Shankar Nag (the famous Kannada actor/Director who directed 'Malgudi Days') whose 28th death anniversary was few days ago (on September 30th).

On the early hours of 30th September 1990 (at around 4.30am), his car was hit by a lorry head-on near Davanagere (in KA) on Pune-Bangalore national highway. He and his driver died on the spot while his wife and daughter had a miraculous escape. He was few weeks short of his 36th birthday. The lorry had strayed into his lane to avoid hitting a broken down lorry in its lane. The broken down was lorry was lying there since few days but no one had bothered to clear it. No one knew that it would prove to be so fatal. Two lives lost for no fault of theirs.

If Pune-Bangalore highway was four laned in the 1980s, probably he would have been alive now and probably would have directed many masterpieces like 'Malgudi Days'.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_naik (Post 4471233)
I read this news with tears in my eyes. So unfortunate to lose life at such an young age. Reminded me of our very own Shankar Nag (the famous Kannada actor/Director who directed 'Malgudi Days') whose 28th death anniversary was few days ago (on September 30th).

Same here. Woke up to read this and was a shock since I felt he would somehow recover. Can never forget him fiddling "Uyire" with everything else silent with Sivamani at the background providing a light bell for the count. So unfortunate. Not sure what condition his wife and the driver are in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4471240)
Not sure what condition his wife and the driver are in.

Malayalam news channel mentions that both of them are recovering.

Received these photographs at one my Whatsapp groups.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-42993577_538216523267966_8065610305968799744_n.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-43056156_308963846560858_6778339243635769344_n.jpg

Quote:

Indeed a sad moment for Kerala & Indian music scene :-(
Talent par excellence, Balu has been successful in amalgamating classical with modern & produce his own version of fusion. It was pure magic listening to him play violin.

Fate has been particularly cruel to the couple :eek: They got their 1st child after 16years of marriage and the kid too was snatched abruptly by the unfortunate accident. May Lord alleviate the pain & sorrow of the family.

Couldn't help thinking of the common person's lack-of-awareness in using vehicles on our roads. It might be callous to call out these now, but my 2pence:
* One should never sit with the child on the lap in the front passenger seat. Kids of such young age must be secured in isofix child seat.
* Never a good idea to drive thru Kerala's narrow & winding roads in night-time. The particular stretch (Pallipuram CRPF camp area) where accident took place seems to be an accident spot and without median.:Frustrati
* Seems all were asleep; again not a good idea. Better make it a point to keep the driver engaged with some smalltalk if one must drive in the night.

Found this news in front page of The Hindu (Bangalore edition) today.

Four people were killed and more than 20 others suffered injuries when a goods vehicle ploughed into a group of pedestrians, and dragged them nearly 300 meters, before coming to a stop on the busy Guthalu Road near Mandya on Tuesday night.

The driver seems to have escaped (according to Hindu epaper). Though I remember reading the paper edition that he was caught!
Horrible way to die for those 4 pedestrians. Wonder when we will see an end to such horrible (and possibly avoidable) accidents?! :Frustrati

My heart goes out to the families of the victims and those injured.

Full article here

Losing Balabhaskar is an irrepairable loss for malayalam music. What he produced from the violin was not music, it was magic. They way he mesmerised audiences was a sight to behold. A musician par excellence. Very very unfortunate to have lost such promising talent in this manner. May his soul rest in peace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisTvpm (Post 4471600)

Couldn't help thinking of the common person's lack-of-awareness in using vehicles on our roads. It might be callous to call out these now, but my 2pence:
* One should never sit with the child on the lap in the front passenger seat. Kids of such young age must be secured in isofix child seat.

You did a good thing by calling these safety aspects out. It will bring about awareness and could be a life saver.

It is such a common everyday sight to see a child seated on the lap of a front passenger, even educated people are unaware of the risk of front airbags deploying violently on a child.

Yet, one simply cannot correct people about these safety aspects, as and when it happens, nobody likes to get preached. It makes threads such as this one an eye opener and helps in building awareness on safety aspects and about the perils lurking on our roads.

A very tragic accident, not much details available though.

https://www.ndtv.com/tamil-nadu-news...ome-topstories

2 persons out of 7, survive and have been saved, but their condition is still unknown. Hullathy is about 25 kms from Ooty and is on the eastern side of Kalahatty ghat. So, it should be as treacherous as masinagudi - kalahatty route.

The Car involved in the accident is Maruti Ertiga. It seems, the 2 surviving persons were stuck in the damaged vehicle for 2 days along with their deceased friends. Sounds very tragic to the deceased and traumatic to the surviving persons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisTvpm (Post 4471600)
* Never a good idea to drive thru Kerala's narrow & winding roads in night-time. The particular stretch (Pallipuram CRPF camp area) where accident took place seems to be an accident spot and without median.:Frustrati
* Seems all were asleep; again not a good idea. Better make it a point to keep the driver engaged with some smalltalk if one must drive in the night.

Spot on!. It is indeed a big loss, but one that could have been avoided, had the child been in a proper restraint in the back seat. I am also not sure if seat belts were worn in the front seat as well, from the pics on the media, the passenger cabin was pretty much intact, seat belts should have avoided the fatalities.

Too late and may be inappropriate at this time, but, hope that people understand the importance of seatbelts and child harness, before something bad happens to them. Everyone does not have to go through tragedies to learn this.

Kudos to team-bhp for having this section on road safety, hope we can spread the word to every one. What is most important is to teach the next generation so that safety is part of their lives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaaz (Post 4472056)
2 persons out of 7, survive and have been saved, but their condition is still unknown. Hullathy is about 25 kms from Ooty and is on the eastern side of Kalahatty ghat. So, it should be as treacherous as masinagudi - kalahatty route.

The Car involved in the accident is Maruti Ertiga. It seems, the 2 surviving persons were stuck in the damaged vehicle for 2 days along with their deceased friends. Sounds very tragic to the deceased and traumatic to the surviving persons.

1. The hotel did a good job of alerting the Police when the guests didn't return to the hotel.
2. Ford cars with Sync have an 'Emergency assistance' feature which calls 108 automatically if the car is involved in an accident severe enough for either fuel pump to be cut off or airbags were deployed. It also provides GPS coordinates of the car to 108 dispatchers. This feature would have been useful in this incident.

Here's the image of the said Ertiga involved in the accident near Ooty:
Source: The Hindu