Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1786.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 (Post 4433671)
For all those debating about Western countries vs India driving habits and pedestrian safety, please watch this video.

Whether Indian or anywhere, rules on pedestrian crossing remain same. The biker video will get added to the video compilation. That doesn't mean the vehicles running over pedestrians on the pedestrian crossing are right.

There is the talk of driving in the Indian context. The differences in the Indian context are,
* Folks are less courteous,
* Around 20% of the vehicles flout rules (which easily qualify to be fined on the spot),
* Traffic police don't maintain discipline on road, and
* There is general lax in adherence to traffic rules.

Except these, none of the other factors change. It is up to the Indian traffic management authorities & people to build the traffic environment they want to live in.

For instance, in the Indian context, two-wheelers drive on the footpath. People may argue that they take care not brush pedestrians, and they make more efficient use of available traffic (road + footpath) space. But that doesn't necessarily make them right.

WhatsApp message received.Today happend near Bangalore it seems.As per news car struck between bus and lorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by balechaparka (Post 4433799)
WhatsApp message received.Today happend near Bangalore it seems.As per news car struck between bus and lorry

A known, distant young relative from Kateel, Mangalore. This happened yesterday night near Tumkur.

That is the Kwid, isn't it? It has just crumbled like a chocolate wrapper. I have always felt the Kwid is a very unsafe car, especially at highway speeds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4433854)
That is the Kwid, isn't it? It has just crumbled like a chocolate wrapper. I have always felt the Kwid is a very unsafe car, especially at highway speeds.

:OT:OT

You could replace KWID with A segment cars as all the cars in that segment would have faced the same fate. Singling out Kwid is unfair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gokrish (Post 4433806)
A known, distant young relative from Kateel, Mangalore. This happened yesterday night near Tumkur.

Any idea what happened? Hope your relative and other passengers are doing okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiragM (Post 4433860)
Any idea what happened? Hope your relative and other passengers are doing okay.

No, he was the sole driver and he passed away in the impact. Since, I am in a different place, I couldn’t get the complete details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gokrish (Post 4433871)
No, he was the sole driver and he passed away in the impact. Since, I am in a different place, I couldn’t get the complete details.

Sorry for the loss. May he rests in peace.

All the blood is on passenger's seat and nothing on driver's seat. Looks like he was not belted up, not that, it would have made much of a difference looking at car's condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecenandu (Post 4433678)

The bus driver needs to be given an award for not having hit that rickshaw. Unfortunately, his efforts to save the rickshaw put his and his passengers lives in danger. I hope there were no serious injuries to any of them.
I also hope the auto driver is behind bars and is never allowed to drive again. Heights of stupidity. He escaped without a scratch after being the sole cause for sending several people to the hospital.
As for the MVD, their attitude must have been 'this is not our problem, why get involved'. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gokrish (Post 4433871)

Four Engineering students were travelling in that car,two students passed away in the impact.Car first hit the lorry and then KSRTC Bus.Its really disturbing news.May God give their family the courage and strength to bear the loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine_Roars (Post 4433881)
Sorry for the loss. May he rests in peace.

All the blood is on passenger's seat and nothing on driver's seat. Looks like he was not belted up, not that, it would have made much of a difference looking at car's condition.

It's alarming how unsafe our roads are. Heartfelt Condolences.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but cant the insurance vendor deny claims based on if the person was not wearing seat belts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 4432220)
If there are, then either let them cross or indicate to pedestrians that the vehicle will be going ahead and when pedestrian positively confirms by body language, the vehicle may go ahead. This whole communication might take a second or less. But body language of pedestrian must be watched at all times.

Well said. Recently, when I was nearing a junction with zebra crossing, saw a couple waiting to cross the road. So, I slowed down and nodded my head to let them know to cross the road. They just started crossing and stopped suddenly because a Ola cab was zipping away in the junction, besides me overtaking from the left, without a care in the world. Lucky that they spotted the cab before crossing the road and stopped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecenandu (Post 4433678)
The video complaints about the MVD vehicle not stopping by to help the accident victims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCORPION (Post 4433882)
As for the MVD, their attitude must have been 'this is not our problem, why get involved'. :Frustrati

Police released a video showing the MVD vehicle stopping just beyond the first camera (but covered in another cam) and officers walking back to the accident site.

https://www.mathrubhumi.com/news/ker...lice-1.3002217

https://www.manoramaonline.com/fastt...la-police.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra (Post 4433859)
:OT:OT

You could replace KWID with A segment cars as all the cars in that segment would have faced the same fate. Singling out Kwid is unfair.

We can never guage the forces borne by the vehicle at the time of impact by just looking at the pictures. Any other car could have possibly suffered the same fate as you rightly mentioned.

However, it is a well known fact that the majority of the cars sold in our Indian market are structurally unsafe and would not qualify to be sold in European or American markets without significant additional structural reinforcements.

There are cars sold in our market that would have resisted deformation of the passenger cell in a relatively better manner under similar circumstances, raising the survivability chances.

The onus is on us as consumers to demand euro standard crash worthy certification for every car sold in India and prioritize safety first. The local regulations will unfortunately continue to be lax for the foreseeable future and manufacturers will continue to dump flimsy cars in our market legally.

Link to one such incident where the passenger cell was intact inspite of being subjected to crushing forces between two trucks.
https://youtu.be/oORx4L5GQXQ

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 (Post 4433671)
For all those debating about Western countries vs India driving habits and pedestrian safety, please watch this video.
Those 2 pedestrians ran into oncoming traffic and caused accident.
I don't think there is any debate left to do about speeds and slowing down and defensive driving etc.
As someone rightly said, those in favour of the suicidal act of the pedestrians, please share dashcam footage from your respective cars, for a date prior to that incident and judge yourself.

Many of the examples here are of vehicles being the guilty party and not just jaywalking pedestrians. Also, its russian dash cam footage - russian traffic behaviour is only slightly better than india. Far away from western europe, US etc :)