Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1762.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4403798)
Got this Dashcam video as a whatsapp forward. From the video I'm sure it is somewhere near Hebbagodi on Hosur road, Bengaluru. Not sure when it happened but chances are high that this happened in the last week...it has been raining heavily. Looks like the bus driver didn't spot the omni and decided to do a quick lane change to avoid the vehicle parked on the left most lane.

I doubt if it was a case of bus driver not spotting a parked vehicle. I think it was a case of some moron (biker/auto) cutting in to the highway at right angle from the service road, would would have been hidden from the bus driver (and the dashcam shooting the video) due to the two parked vehicles , and might have caught him by surprise - and we saw the result.

Just returned to Hyderabad from Bangalore yesterday. Saw atleast 3 accidents on the way, 2 involving Innova's.

1) An Innova was lying on the right side of the road with a caved-in roof and the impact was till the B-pillar.

2) The second Innova was being towed and had scratches and dents all over the body, so this might be a case of car turning turtle due to some outside impact.

3) A Scorpio was lying with a broken axle and windscreen, so it might be the case of a tyre burst.

I was driving alone so no pics and details.

Drive safe.

On the road between Wipro Signal and Nallagandla in Hyderabad, there is a stretch of amazing 4 lane roads. One side is under construction, so all traffic runs through one side. While coming this morning, I saw a horrific sight.

There was an autorickshaw, completely mangled on the side of the road, with what appears to be a trailer of some sort on top of it. I have no idea what happened, but it looked like either the auto crashed into the stationary trailer, or, god forbid, the trailer came loose from a moving truck and crashed into the auto.

Ghastly sight. Does anyone have any more information about this?

Spotted this Mahindra Bolero somewhere around Ajmer.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5007.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5008.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5010.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4403798)
Looks like the bus driver didn't spot the omni and decided to do a quick lane change to avoid the vehicle parked on the left most lane.

I see this driving habit all the time in Bangalore (may be everywhere nowadays) that Instead of slowing/stopping and then get into other lane, people simply change lanes leaving all to the vehicle behind you to manage this sudden maneuver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidyanand (Post 4405211)
I see this driving habit all the time in Bangalore (may be everywhere nowadays) that Instead of slowing/stopping and then get into other lane, people simply change lanes leaving all to the vehicle behind you to manage this sudden maneuver.

It does not look like a planned sudden lane change. That bus driver is in all probability trying to avoid some pedestrian trying to dart across from between the two vehicles on the left. It is all too common during rainy seasons on Bangalore roads.

However the bus driver should be going slower and anticipating such actions at a zebra crossing properly highlighted by the cat-eyes.

Coming to slowing or stopping before a lane change, if you are changing up (to right), you should actually speed up to the lane you are shifting to. if you are shifting (to left) you should maintain speed, find a decent enough space, move in, and then slow down if needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g (Post 4405284)
Coming to slowing or stopping before a lane change, if you are changing up (to right), you should actually speed up to the lane you are shifting to. if you are shifting (to left) you should maintain speed, find a decent enough space, move in, and then slow down if needed.

I was not talking about highway lane changes that are planned but referring to the daily city crazy traffic aided by cabs, autos and even the BMTC buses who decide to jump in front just to avoid slowing for stopped or turning vehicles.

You might be correct on this case here, it could be someone bang on middle rather than the stopped vehicle. He thought better to hit a car than a to kill a person even though he should have been slower in the first place. But these buses are known to drive like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQk4XgmAvS4

An anecdote, people from this part of Kerala tend to help the accident victims without much hesitation. See, in this case the victim was moved in to a car in under a minute.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecenandu (Post 4405403)
See, in this case the victim was moved in to a car in under a minute.

That was very heartening to see! Nearly made me feel if this was captured from the era where there were no camera phones and mobile data!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecenandu (Post 4405403)
An anecdote, people from this part of Kerala tend to help the accident victims without much hesitation. See, in this case the victim was moved in to a car in under a minute.

True that. Autos and Car owners are mostly willing to accommodate accident victims and the public also help out immediately instead of remaining mute spectators.

Scary accident but

https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/harl...issing-1858183

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 4405872)

It would be really helpful if you gave some description, quoted a little of the article, etc, instead of just a link, please.

Quote:

A motorcyclist riding his Harley Davidson has been missing since last night after he was hit by a speeding car on the Delhi-Noida-Direct Flyway and fell in the Yamuna river
However unfair it may be, because the media always report that the biker was hit by another vehicle, and because my experience is that so many bikers seem to invite accidents, I take these reports with a pinch of salt. The speeding car hit the bike: what was the bike rider doing?

Anyway, no doubt that the accident resulted in real tragedy,

Seems that there was another accident with multiple vehicles at the Mumbai Pune highway.
http://www.freepressjournal.in/mumba...dstill/1284685
Truck stopped on the highway and caused a mini pile up.

Spotted this accident on the Trichy - Dindigul highway. This was at an intersection and looked like the WagonR was trying to cross the road or joining the highway in-spite of an oncoming bus. The left side of the car was almost ripped off.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20180524_173146044.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjiRoss (Post 4405968)
Seems that there was another accident with multiple vehicles at the Mumbai Pune highway.
http://www.freepressjournal.in/mumba...dstill/1284685
Truck stopped on the highway and caused a mini pile up.

This again brings to the fore the question of safe distance to be followed by the following vehicle. There are at least two yellow plate cars and a zoomcar involved in this pileup if my memory serves me right. Scant chance any of these practised or even know these concepts.

Apart from the three second rule or five second rule, one must be able to see not just the vehicle ahead but also the road further ahead of that vehicle in order to anticipate the vehicle's maneuver and then have those few seconds to react appropriately.

In the hurry to overtake, many drivers are driving in the slipstream of the vehicle ahead and a sudden stop or reduction in speed will inevitably result in a catastrophe such as this.