Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1720.html)

High Speed driving at an intersection where one doesn't know the vehicle coming from intersecting lanes is always risky. If one is not confident of stopping the vehicle then should avoid such speeds else the below might happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_hmCHdijZI

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 4360951)
To all, to understand the issue better, how can a Scorpio drift like that? Can it be caused due to blown rear tire? Can the blame solely be placed on the driver for negligent driving?

Edit: It looks like the rear passenger side tire is blown?

Why run away? That more than anything is wrong.

Toyota Fortuner head-on collision with truck – MLA, 2 bodyguards and driver killed.

5 star rating, 7 air bags this and that do no matter at the end of the day I guess. Your brain is the only safety equipment on board.

https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-fort...-12263796.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 (Post 4361024)
Toyota Fortuner head-on collision with truck – MLA, 2 bodyguards and driver killed.

5 star rating, 7 air bags this and that do no matter at the end of the day I guess. Your brain is the only safety equipment on board.

https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-fort...-12263796.html

Driving on the wrong side of a 4 lane divided road? :eek: WHY?
From the Windscreen impact, looks like seat belts were not used.
Seems a lot of flying happened inside the cabin. Occupants might have collided among themselves and got injured.

Even after such a severe impact, the cabin itself is intact.

Poor Truck driver lost his life because of the MLA's driver's idiocy. One learning people should take from this-No one is invincible
One more example of the famous quote "The most dangerous part in a car is the nut behind the wheel"
Even if you buy a car with 700 airbags you'll die if you drive like this :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORTified (Post 4361053)
Driving on the wrong side of a 4 lane divided road? :eek: WHY?
From the Windscreen impact, looks like seat belts were not used.
Seems a lot of flying happened inside the cabin. Occupants might have collided among themselves and got injured.

Even after such a severe impact, the cabin itself is intact.

There seems to be cabin intrusion on the driver side A pillar on the other side from where the picture is taken. There are no spot "spider web" cracks in the windshield which are indicative of "head bangs". The whole windshield is cracked more from the impact on the driver side where the A pillar seems to have caved in.

It is written that the Fortuner was on the wrong side of the road. But this one looks like a secluded area (and I guess I know this area), with the high GC and a small median, what is the probability that the Fortuner was actually on the right side and jumped the median? A couple of facts:

what I fail to understand is, were both the drivers dozing off? If Fortuner's driver was dozing, the truck driver could have braked at least a few seconds before accident (or vice versa) reducing the magnitude of impact, that is if the Fortuner hadn't jumped the divider and had just showed up giving truck driver no time to react.

In my real life experience, Trucks & Buses generally don't brake or give side when we are face to face during overtaking another vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wangdu (Post 4361133)
what I fail to understand is, were both the drivers dozing off? If Fortuner's driver was dozing, the truck driver could have braked at least a few seconds before accident (or vice versa) reducing the magnitude of impact, that is if the Fortuner hadn't jumped the divider and had just showed up giving truck driver no time to react.

In my real life experience, Trucks & Buses generally don't brake or give side when we are face to face during overtaking another vehicle.

We do not know what happened. If there are 'few seconds' to react, possibly this accident would have been avoided.

Also lets not judge the trucks and buses about dont braking and not giving space etc; the problems faced with those drivers are totally different from a typical car driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjithin (Post 4361141)
We do not know what happened. If there are 'few seconds' to react, possibly this accident would have been avoided.
Also lets not judge the trucks and buses about dont braking and not giving space etc; the problems faced with those drivers are totally different from a typical car driver.

of course we don't know for sure, that's why the speculations.

Giving way or slowing down for the vehicle coming from opposite so as to let it merge back into its lane is a common situation for all on highways. But that's not the situation here so I'll leave it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VKumar (Post 4361126)
with the high GC and a small median, what is the probability that the Fortuner was actually on the right side and jumped the median?

If the car is on the RIGHT side and then jumped the median, isn't it on the WRONG side? Pictures show it beyond doubt that its on RIGHT side of the road, which WRONG side :Frustrati

Looks like nobody tried to reduce speed.
From the pictures, the Fortuner approached the truck from the left side and hit it on the left front half. Right head light of truck is intact.
I am also surprised to note - The truck cabin is in good shape, the wind shields are proper. How did the truck driver die?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORTified (Post 4361200)
I am also surprised to note - The truck cabin is in good shape, the wind shields are proper. How did the truck driver die?

I was surprised too that the truck driver died.

He must have hit the steering wheel quite hard during the sudden impact.
Moreover there is no question of seatbelts being present in these type of cabs or being used even if present.

On reading about the Toyota Fortuner accident wherein no one survived, here is another SUV accident with the Ford Endeavour, which tumbled 400 feet into a valley and all 7 passengers survived. That is incredible to say the least.

Source : https://www.rushlane.com/ford-endeav...-12202918.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudev (Post 4361014)
Why run away? That more than anything is wrong.

Oh certainly, he is 100% wrong on what he did after the accident. There is no question about that portion.

I am more interested in the driver inputs on what happened just before the 180. On what caused the Scorpio to do a very beautiful 180. Can a person driving a Scorpio do that 180 on a flat ground? I think it may have been a blown tire.

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.