Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1585.html)

Saw this accident report online. According to the report it happened in moodbidri and the driver of the innova plus co passengers of the other car were lucky to get out with minor injuries.

https://youtu.be/fZJ_7cy2k40

More info from Daiji world

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 4214827)
Saw this accident report online. According to the report it happened in moodbidri and the driver of the innova plus co passengers of the other car were lucky to get out with minor injuries.

The Innova was too fast for a wet, 2 lane road with traffic and rain. Stupidity in other words. :(

Quote:

That's a Wagon R for sure. The news site does not mention anything now.

Lucky if they survived. Why do people over estimate the car's (any car for that matter) capability ?

Its raining here in Hyd and i can see rashly driven cars every where. Maybe they know some magic to stop their vehicles even in wet conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunishsamuel (Post 4214848)
...raining here in Hyd and i can see rashly driven cars every where. Maybe they know some magic to stop their vehicles even in wet conditions.

Speeding during rains is due to pure ignorance.

People are just not aware of easily the car can skid/slide out of control at the slightest application of brakes on a wet road, need to be driving absolutely slow on wet roads to stay safe.

Quote:

Wow! At 0:40, this is straight out of an action movie scene! The whole section of the wall collapses neatly and so quickly! Incredible.
And the plants growing on the side suffer little damage!

Never thought a car hit can make this happen. Probably because of the wet weather, the walls would have become a little weak.

Quote:

That's a Wagon R for sure.

Ohh maybe I was mistaken!

Quote:

Lucky if they survived. Why do people over estimate the car's (any car for that matter) capability ?

Its raining here in Hyd and i can see rashly driven cars every where. Maybe they know some magic to stop their vehicles even in wet conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4214944)
Speeding during rains is due to pure ignorance.

People are just not aware of easily the car can skid/slide out of control at the slightest application of brakes on a wet road, need to be driving absolutely slow on wet roads to stay safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haria (Post 4214963)
Wow! At 0:40, this is straight out of an action movie scene! The whole section of the wall collapses neatly and so quickly! Incredible.
And the plants growing on the side suffer little damage!

Never thought a car hit can make this happen. Probably because of the wet weather, the walls would have become a little weak.

Way people think is to increase speed as soon as it starts raining or to start riding/driving faster when the rain stops so that they can reach home sooner. I wonder how to make them aware that going at sane speeds will make it easier and safer for everyone. :Frustrati

Great reflexes by the auto chap to avoid the tumbling car! The collapsing wall took away at least some of the impact force and momentum off the Wagon R, lucky escape if nobody got maimed/killed.

Quote:

The WagonR was definitely going too fast on the wet road. Very lucky for the passengers of both vehicles. A rear ending at that speed would have been deadly! That wall section got totally destroyed. I assumed the driver saw the standstill vehicles on his lane, and jammed the brakes which caused the car to skid on the wet road and he lost control.

Just a thought, given the fact that the driver was still inside (since i did not see him get out), was it a correct move to upright the WagonR? If the driver was seriously injured, wouldn't this move make things worse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4215177)
Great reflexes by the auto chap to avoid the tumbling car! The collapsing wall took away at least some of the impact force and momentum off the Wagon R, lucky escape if nobody got maimed/killed.

The auto guys should thank their stars and hope they did not suffer a heart attack seeing the action scenes right in their front. If not that parked car there, the WagonR would have hit the auto instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriverR (Post 4215239)

and jammed the brakes which caused the car to skid on the wet road and he lost control.

I felt it was the standstill water (wild spray during crash, plus ripples on the road post crash can be seen) that caused the car to loose control due to aquaplaning. Of course, driver error and speed being the other usual culprits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 4215308)
If not that parked car there, the WagonR would have hit the auto instead.

And there were 5 passengers in that Auto :eek:
Imagine the carnage if not for that car.

A lady car driver had a narrow escape when her car turned turtle while avoiding a two-wheeler at Prabhat Road in central Pune. She was saved as airbags were deployed, when she hit a divider and the car overturned.

Wonder how she was speeding so much on that busy and narrow road though.

http://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pun...w/59099180.cms

Quote:

Lucky is a simple word that means so much in this case!!!

On seeing the footage, I have following questions that come to my mind

a. Why is the white car parked on the right side of the road (for the direction that it was heading).

b. The white car parked causes the Auto rickshaw to move further to the middle of the road than would have been needed

c. If you notice, 5 people (apart from the driver) come out of the Auto!!!

d. The red (Wagon R?) was way too fast for the width of road available.

As they say, it take more than one thing to go wrong for accidents to happen.

Saw this posted on mykannur.com Facebook page. As per the page, this happened near Moovattupuzha, Kerala. It is reported that the Innova hit the dzire first and the auto after that. The Auto was torn into 3 pieces. No other information in the report about the occupants.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc4.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc5.jpg

Monsoon + Morons = Mayhem. There is absolute no dearth of moronic driving even in the wet. Before even alphabets, we need to be taught manner, etiquette , driving discipline and physics of motoring. Until then, we will continued to be greeted with such ghastly scenes on our roads.