Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1366.html)

This was probably on the 1st-2nd May night about 10 km from Ranikhet on the Ranikhet-Nainital stretch. Could not gather information about what exactly happened but clearly, the driver missed the curve because of the darkness and rammed into the verandah of the house. Hopefully no one was sleeping there.

Adding a couple of daytime pictures of the Ciaz which I mentioned in my previous post on this thread.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5342.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5344.jpg

Mods: Please merge with my previous post (#20467 on page 1365) as the pictures are of the same. Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 3964619)
Tanks don't have crumples zones, just like Cruiser - isn't it :)

Exactly my point. There is nothing in common with the structural build of a tank and a passenger car. Obviously they were build for vastly different purposes, but keeping that aside, one should never take a car for granted.

It's that very "feeling" of tank like sturdiness in a cars build which is mostly imagination, which makes people more comfortable with pushing their luck and their limits to dangerous levels.

Sadly, you can never be sure these people will live to realize that their bubble has burst!

Quote:

Did anyone just say "Drifting of an Army Tank"

https://youtu.be/5idQtkyQJ14

Have fun. Just kidding

The only safety feature in a Cruiser, as told to me by a Force salesman, is it has this massive diesel engine in the front.

Matt the force be with you! Because if it is against you, the vehicle won't save you.

Got this via whatsapp, not sure if it's genuine. But feel sorry for the car n owner. See it for yourself.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1462382547721.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1462382574185.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1462382561638.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by aneeshtn (Post 3966154)
Got this via whatsapp, not sure if it's genuine. But feel sorry for the car n owner. See it for yourself.

Very much true. Happened a couple days ago at Varca, South Goa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjebs (Post 3966191)
Very much true. Happened a couple days ago at Varca, South Goa.

Did the car owner survive? How did this happen, any idea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra (Post 3966193)
Did the car owner survive? How did this happen, any idea?

Yes, he escaped with minor injuries.

Source: http://www.savegoanow.com/goa/fc-goa...es-his-bmw-z4/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra (Post 3966193)
How did this happen, any idea?

An imaginary answer....

I'd been looking forward to pressing hard on this pedal so, and ohmygod I'd better press that one hard and ohogod I really don't want to go that way, turn this wheel this way and...

Or the poor guy might have been an animal lover trying to steer round a chicken.

Whether it's an M800 or a BMW, there's something about that first trip from the dealer to the house. Don't we all breathe a sigh of relief when we reach safely? I may be irreverent, but of course I feel sorry for the guy, and very glad that nobody else was hurt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3966199)
An imaginary answer....

Whether it's an M800 or a BMW, there's something about that first trip from the dealer to the house. Don't we all breathe a sigh of relief when we reach safely? I may be irreverent, but of course I feel sorry for the guy, and very glad that nobody else was hurt.

That is very true, at least in my case. All my 4 vehicles, the first drive from show room to home had been of high anxiety! Even when I got a two wheeler:)

Feel really sorry for this guy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3966199)
An imaginary answer....

I'd been looking forward to pressing hard on this pedal so, and ohmygod I'd better press that one hard and ohogod I really don't want to go that way, turn this wheel this way and...

Or the poor guy might have been an animal lover trying to steer round a chicken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneRidder (Post 3966380)
That is very true, at least in my case. All my 4 vehicles, the first drive from show room to home had been of high anxiety! Even when I got a two wheeler:)

Feel really sorry for this guy!

This accident happened last month.The car is more than 3 months old i think:D, and the owner wasnt driving from the showroom. He lost control while driving late at night.
Owner is fine , car is gone for repairs.

PS: shouldn't the number plate and owners face be blurred before posting pics online?

Quote:

Tanks dont need crumple zones... correct?? :)
On a serious note, we need to get indian crash standards ratified soon. Can't have unsafe contraptions running on good highways..

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo1o1 (Post 3966717)
PS: shouldn't the number plate and owners face be blurred before posting pics online?

Number plates are, by the nature, public. Blurring them, I feel, is a matter of choice, not obligation.

Auto crushed in Noida - 2 Dead

A school bus suddenly applied brakes, causing the auto-rickshaw to also break [brake] abruptly. However, a speeding private school bus, coming from behind, was unable to stop in time and rammed in to the auto ahead. The three-wheeler was crushed between the two buses.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg

Source