Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1332.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by virgopal (Post 3922230)
CM escapes unhurt in car accident at Ettumanur
Quote:

Mr. Chandy received minor injuries on his lips when his face hit the back of the front seat [...] he was wearing the seat belt.

Doesn't sound quite right. Would he have hit the back of the front seat, if he was wearing the seat belt?

True. But,may be seat belt was not fastened properly or front seat was pushed too far back.No idea.

Airline employee rams four cars

A 28-year-old private airline employee, allegedly inebriated, rammed four cars on Residency Road on Sunday.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...ece?ref=tpnews
Disastrous results of driving under influence of alcohol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat (Post 3922163)
Will make you think twice before you have the itch to do a top speed check....

Fat load of good it's going to do to someone who needs a picture of family staring at him to remember he's got one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by virgopal (Post 3922261)
True. But,may be seat belt was not fastened properly or front seat was pushed too far back.No idea.

Airline employee rams four cars

A 28-year-old private airline employee, allegedly inebriated, rammed four cars on Residency Road on Sunday.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...ece?ref=tpnews
Disastrous results of driving under influence of alcohol.

+
The car that rammed into three other vehicles:

(Source: http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle3302421.ece )

Quote:

Originally Posted by virgopal (Post 3922230)
The Chief Minister’s car which fell into an open drainage near Kanakkari off Ettumanur.

OT: Is that plate even legal? "Kerala State" ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 3922638)
OT: Is that plate even legal? "Kerala State" ?

Yes it is.

All Kerala ministers have their official vehicle numbers like this starting with Chief Minister as Kerala State 1.

An incident (not accident) that occurred on the ring road, Mysore, yesterday.

Name:  ForumRunner_20160229_225257.png
Views: 8094
Size:  291.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160229_225246.png
Views: 6689
Size:  242.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20160229_225236.png
Views: 7263
Size:  250.8 KB

The speeding Accent, driven by garage mechs rammed into a Splendor that joined from a side road. Blame appears to rest on both the parties- the car was speeding and the bike joined a fast road incorrectly.
The bike rider had a helmet and escaped with minor injuries, whereas the pillion had head injures and was rushed to the hospital.
The car driver fled the scene.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 3921911)
Yesterday morning when another BHPian and I were riding to Salem, near Hosur we saw an accident which was causing a block on the road heading towards Salem. There was glass everywhere on the road.

The accident seemed to have happened during the night - two TNSTC buses had a head-on collision. The one coming from the Salem side was on the wrong side of the road. Not sure about the casualties.

What's there any news of this?

Unfortunately, the driver of the bus going towards Salem passed away. Yes, the other bus was on the wrong side due to traffic on the lane towards bangalore.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by schakravarthy (Post 3922846)
An incident (not accident) that occurred on the ring road, Mysore, yesterday.

The speeding Accent, driven by garage mechs rammed into a Splendor that joined from a side road. Blame appears to rest on both the parties- the car was speeding and the bike joined a fast road incorrectly.
The bike rider had a helmet and escaped with minor injuries, whereas the pillion had head injures and was rushed to the hospital.
The car driver fled the scene.

I passed by this incident a few minutes after it happened. I didn't stop as there was already a crowd and my parents were with me. Traffic was already building up and didn't wanted to add to the chaos.

Just minutes back, saw an accident just outside my society. As per eye witness, the i20 was driven by two drunken brothers hit an accent about whom no one knew nothing about. No life loss but again alcohol seems to be the culprit.

The accent was on its side of the road while the i20 was on the wrong side ..

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160302_082617488_hdr.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160302_082631717.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160302wa0013.jpg

some blood on the air bag of the driver while the passenger one did not launch .. no seat belt no air bag .....

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160302wa0014.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160302wa0015.jpg

^^ and as usual, seat belts are only fancied here as an accessory to save 100 bucks penalty.

Windscreen cracks on both the cars is the biggest proof on how basic safety is taken for granted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDee (Post 3923692)

some blood on the air bag of the driver while the passenger one did not launch .. no seat belt no air bag .....

Feeling bad for the accent guy as he was on the right side but still got injured. Looks like he/she was also not wearing seat belt. Hopefully the injury is not serious. As to the drunken brothers :Frustrati:Frustrati (No amount of bashing the wall would help).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat (Post 3922163)
Here's one way to avoid accidents,

Stick a loved one's photo on the speedo.

Attachment 1481216

Will make you think twice before you have the itch to do a top speed check.

Terrible Idea ! :deadhorse
I am not talking about the idea of pasting the sticker of loved ones on the speedo.

But rather, about the idea of taking a picture when the car is doing 80+ kmph to advocate this idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 3922198)
OT:Which car's speedo is this?

I suppose that is the previous gen Alto K10

Quote:

Originally Posted by binand (Post 3922201)
In one particularly egregious case, there was this KL-55 registered A-Star with (my impression) husband driving, wife and child on front passenger seat and granny in the rear. The guy was shockingly bad; weaving in and out of traffic, squeezing between vehicles, occasionally going off the road etc.

Tell me about it. On my recent drive from Ahmedabad to Mumbai, an i20, fully loaded ( with family, not with features! ) was being driven in an extremely rash manner. I could see him weaving through the truck traffic and dangerous speeds, while using the left most lane ( its an expressway where the last lane marked with solid white is where any car / truck can lay by )

I hope that guy grows mature before his car ends up here in this thread ! :thumbs up

The Accent seems to have taken the impact better than the i20.

I wonder how the i20 driver airbag deployed without seatbelts and the passenger airbag didn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 3923844)
I wonder how the i20 driver airbag deployed without seatbelts and the passenger airbag didn't.

Probably the variant with single airbag. The Sportz/ Sportz(O) variant which used to come with driver airbag only until recently.