Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1313.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3890263)
There was an accident today on NH8 where a RE Bullet rider hit a tempo and the bike immediately caught fire in a terrible way, since it charred the rider completely even before he could even get off the bike. The rider was fully geared. RIP, the departed.

More on this here along with the pic of the charred bike.

Very unfortunate, if people would have tried to lift the bike (got burned hands), BUT may be the rider would have survived his life with burns.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi/...RdATAalvI.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 3890483)
Not an accident in India but I can't help being struck by the contrast with what'd happen if this had occurred in India.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-1985069.html

What a fantastic story!! An eyeopener on how the civilized society should react in the event of an accident -- no false claims, no attempt to hit and run, no one losing their calm. Thank you for sharing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 3891111)

Very unfortunate, if people would have tried to lift the bike (got burned hands), BUT may be the rider would have survived his life with burns.

CNG vehicles are mandated to carry a fire extinguisher. Delhi having a significant number of CNG vehicles, could an extinguisher from a nearby vehicle have been used?

Quote:

Video of the aftermath. It is so unfortunate to see people with their mobile phones out making video's as if they were paparazzi. If they had the same zealously to help, he could have probably been alive. As per the comments on the video, he left behind a wife and a 2 year old daughter :(

Warning: Graphic content https://www.facebook.com/rattan213/v...21302/?theater

Quote:

It is a very difficult situation to be in when you want to help , but cannot.
It is not just burnt hands you will end up with when you try go even close to a full on fire, especially when it is something highly inflammable. And being petrol, it would not have started off as a small fire in which they would have been few seconds to help.

I am sure they would have been atleast one person in the crowd who wanted to help, but could not.

Unfortunate incident.

Very unfortunate & Sad incident.
Vehicles catching fire after an accident has become more common these days.
But RE bike incident (catching fire) is first of it's kind, I think.

RushLane

I won't comment on the possibility of providing assistance, but I do think it's really crass and highly insensitive of the onlookers how they're acting in the aftermath. Curiosity is one thing, this borders on inhuman.:mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iVento (Post 3891358)
Vehicles catching fire after an accident has become more common these days ... ... ... But RE bike incident (catching fire) is first of it's kind, I think.

It is surprising that it doesn't happen more often. I wouldn't like to be sitting on a petrol tank when sparks are flying.

Biker killed in Borim Goa. He was wearing a helmet but looks like it came off. Helmet was totally destroyed. Did not post the other images as they are not suitable for posting in pubic.

Sad, very sad. I am appalled at so many people clicking videos and photos of such accidents. Clicking a lone mangled car etc is another thing. But, this is just lack of empathy. And all these bike accidents affirm my perception of not buying a bike again, ever. It's just not safe on our roads with so many rash drivers. Buy a cheap car instead and be safe for yourself and your family.

Let me understand this: There is one rider, riding a 200 kg motorcycle at supposedly high speeds, so high that after hitting a stationary vehicle he was dragged quite a distance, trapped under his own motorcycle. This guy hits a stationary vehicle, the bike skids/falls and the petrol tank bursts, the fuel is ignited and the rider and his ride are charred to death.

What exactly did the pedestrians do to deserve so much flak? They surely didn't ask him to ride so fast that he could not avoid hitting a vehicle, they did not cause a petrol leak, nor did they ignite the sparks. So they are condemned because nobody dared approach a burning 200kg bulk that could have exploded and bereaved their children and wives of a bread-winner?

Come on, be sensible.

Once the bike and the rider have been charred beyond any help, it does not matter what the onlookers are doing. At least the photos will help in some evidence gathering and maybe someone shows them to some riders and some deaths could be avoided.

Please stop blaming people who could not help victims due to reasons other than apathy. They did not cause the accident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 3891653)
......Once the bike and the rider have been charred beyond any help, it does not matter what the onlookers are doing......

You're right it doesn't matter (practically), but the dead man surely deserves some dignity in death?

Call me cynical, but I have a hard time believing those cellphone pics & videos will be used for anything other than grabbing some social media eyeballs.

What do you expect they rather did?

At least those photos and videos may be used to spread some awareness and drill some sense into some heads.

And it really doesn't matter what they did, there was nothing else they could have done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 3891690)
What do you expect they rather did?

Where did I say they should've done anything at all?

Quote:

At least those photos and videos may be used to spread some awareness and drill some sense into some heads.
One would hope so, wouldn't they?:) Hope dies last, even in India I suppose.

Quote:

......there was nothing else they could have done.
They probably couldn't have done anything to save him (and I never said they could/should have), but they could've chosen to show a dead man some respect rather than act like it was some cheap circus trick. Personal opinion only, YMMV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 3891697)

They probably couldn't have done anything to save him (and I never said they could/should have), but they could've chosen to show a dead man some respect rather than act like it was some cheap circus trick. Personal opinion only, YMMV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 3891275)
It is a very difficult situation to be in when you want to help , but cannot.
It is not just burnt hands you will end up with when you try go even close to a full on fire, especially when it is something highly inflammable. And being petrol, it would not have started off as a small fire in which they would have been few seconds to help.

I am sure they would have been atleast one person in the crowd who wanted to help, but could not.

Unfortunate incident.

Depending on the photos of the incident that you see, you can see easily six or more small "car" fire extinguishers there, esp near the deceased. Guess (some) people did try to help as much as they could.

RIP poor biker. Sometimes it is just destined to happen that way.