Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1311.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3886056)
I have two accidents to report.

Accident 2:- Received this pics on Whatsapp. No other details available.

Regards,
Shashi

Grand i10 crash:Look at the pics properly, it got collided with Kerala transport bus.Sad to see these pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 3886198)
Maharashtra's Transport Minister Diwakar Raote was injured when a taxi..

About time these jokers woke up to reality. Just because a minister is involved here, a transport one at that, there would be some heat to unsuspecting / law abiding drivers for some time.

Thereafter, it would be back to the grind.

What is the purpose of these drives seriously?

Quote:

Maharashtra's Transport Minister Diwakar Raote was injured when a taxi (Swift DZire) hit his Toyota Innova yesterday at around 12.00 pm in Lower Parel, Mumbai.

I wonder what the taxi driver, who hit the transport minister's car, is going through.

Tirunelveli ( TN) : 10 people have died in when their bus hit a median and overturned. Bus was going from Velankanni to Trivandrum. As per cops, the driver might have dozed off

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3886056)
I have two accidents to report.

Accident 1:- My friend and BHPian sumitsinha0280's classmates were heading towards Puri when this happened. Their Ciaz's front tire burst at some good speed and the vehicle hit the divider, flipped to the other side, hit the railing, broke the milestone and landed in a ditch.

Car- Ciaz ZDI+
Causalities- None

Regards,
Shashi

The ZDI+ comes with H rated ( max speed 210 kph) 16 inch tires . Has to be definitely a case of losing control at high speeds and hitting the divider .

Quote:

Maharashtra's Transport Minister Diwakar Raote was injured when a taxi (Swift DZire) hit his Toyota Innova yesterday at around 12.00 pm in Lower Parel, Mumbai.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/road...ident/16839186

He had announced tough steps against traffic violators and the campaign for the same started on January 6.

I would also harp upon the fact that the Innova has suffered immense damage comparatively and though fitted with a bull bar, the front right side has been smashed. The Swift DZire looks a bit less affected, though these are very ductile cars, prone to extensive damage in case of impacts. It has a NCAP rating of ZERO upon frontal impact as per the finding about a year ago. But it beats the Innova here. clap:

The build quality of the Innova is suspect as is seen here. There was also a picture of an Innova a few days ago here, badly smashed on one side due to side impact by a truck that was moving on the wrong side. Though the Innova is extremely reliable with the least glitches in its class, its build quality is not at all good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 3886958)
The build quality of the Innova is suspect as is seen here. There was also a picture of an Innova a few days ago here, badly smashed on one side due to side impact by a truck that was moving on the wrong side. Though the Innova is extremely reliable with the least glitches in its class, its build quality is not at all good.

This is the second or third time I'm witnessing negative comments on "that" Innova accident. I would just want to point out that it is completely wrong to expect ANY passenger car among those sold here in India, or maybe even elsewhere, to fare any better than "that" Innova in a frontal collision with a truck or its bumper for that matter. At any speed. It has to be understood that no car roof-pillar or the roof itself has any chance against the sheer weight and the resulting momentum behind a truck bumper! There is no steel bar reinforcement or the kind in the pillars to withstand frontal impacts. It better suited for overturning though. It's better to keep that in mind while driving, hence staying at more than safe distance at all times from an approaching truck. Period. No two ways about it.

Quote:

I ... It has a NCAP rating of ZERO upon frontal impact as per the finding about a year ago. But it beats the Innova here. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 3887021)
This is the second or third time I'm witnessing negative comments on "that" ... hence staying at more than safe distance at all times from an approaching truck. Period. No two ways about it.

After having a look at damage done to Innova by Dzire, I am shocked. Too much damage to Innova for sure. Build quality is really suspect, damage is higher in Innova than Dzire which, factoring in weights and "build", should never have happened.

There is a thread where a BHPian had a crash with truck in his Matiz. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ed-sunset.html
For a small car having a collision with truck, the car really held up well. We all expect Innova to fare better in the crash were truck was on wrong side. However, there are many factors which we can further account for.

The bigger surprise for me in Minister's Innova vs Dzire crash is that how the Dzire's left side and Innova's right side are damaged ? The article claims that Dzire jumper divider, and hit Innova. But left side of Dzire hits Innova ? Can anybody comprehend what the article says ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 3886468)
The ZDI+ comes with H rated ( max speed 210 kph) 16 inch tires . Has to be definitely a case of losing control at high speeds and hitting the divider .

Isn't it possible that tyre burst due to external factor, like a blade or something ? Or the tyre sidewall hitting some sharp surface ?

In my city, there are a few places that have metal manhole covers and sharp edges are left exposed, uncovered. A slight brush of any car tyre's side wall can result into instant tyre pressure loss.
Indian roads are full of surprises as we all know. I have personally seen on Dhandhuka-Bhavnagar (in Gujarat) highway that when construction work is going on, even metal rods, some construction equipment of laborers, etc. are placed so carelessly that they can cause damage to vehicular traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 3887066)

The bigger surprise for me in Minister's Innova vs Dzire crash is that how the Dzire's left side and Innova's right side are damaged ? The article claims that Dzire jumper divider, and hit Innova. But left side of Dzire hits Innova ? Can anybody comprehend what the article says ?

Isn't it possible that tyre burst due to external factor, like a blade or something ? Or the tyre sidewall hitting some sharp surface ?

In my city, there are a few places theat have metal manhole covers and sharp edges are left exposed, uncovered. A slight brush of any car tyre's side wall can result into instant tyre pressure loss.
Indian roads are full of surprises as we all know. I have personally seen on Dhandhuka-Bhavnagar (in Gujarat) highway that when construction work is going on, even metal rods, some construction equipment of laborers, etc. are placed so carelessly that they can cause damage to vehicular traffic.

It looks like the innova in fact rammed into the taxi. If the dzire had rammed into the innova, it would have atleast broken its front bumper, which in the picture is intact, no frontal damage whatsoever. The innova rammed into it from the side at a 40 -60 degree angle looks like. Or probably the dzire did jump the divider and came in front of the innnova, still it is the innova which rammed into it and not the other way. Just my analysis of the situation.

A close friend's cousin met with an accident near Dobaspet on the Tumkur road yesterday afternoon.

He and his friend were riding a brand new Duke 200 when he hit a Tata Sumo head on. No details of who was at fault are available as of now. The driver passed away on the spot while the pillion is battling with severe internal injuries.

The impact was so high that the bike split into two on colliding with the Sumo.

Mods: If you think the enclosed picture is disturbing, please pull it down.

Quote:

I would also harp upon the fact that the Innova has suffered immense damage comparatively and though fitted with a bull bar, the front right side has been smashed. The Swift DZire looks a bit less affected, though these are very ductile cars, prone to extensive damage in case of impacts. It has a NCAP rating of ZERO upon frontal impact as per the finding about a year ago. But it beats the Innova here. clap:

It's more of a side impact on the Dzire than a frontal impact. The front seems quite intact. A lot of factors play a part when assessing damage in such a crash, like the speeds of both the vehicles, angle at which it hit,etc. The Innova is obviously the heavier of the two. Maybe the Dzire had turned away a bit after jumping the divider, and the Innova swerved and hit it on its left side.
Moreover, the damage suffered by the Innova, though severe, given the type of crash, shouldn't cause one to straightaway question its build quality. The front end until the passenger compartment is meant to crumple and absorb the impact of a crash, and it seems to have done just that. Yes, Toyota build quality is nowhere close to the Europeans but I guess it isn't unsafe. One reason for it to have crumpled so much could be the speed it was travelling. Other, could be the bullbar itself, which is supposed to "protect the vehicle".

Bullbars compromise a car's crashworthiness to some extent, as they don't absorb the energy and don't crumple. They are used to protect the bumper and front against impacts with cattle(hence the name) and animals in general.The bull bar is rigid, and so transmits all the force to the pedestrian, unlike a bumper which absorbs some force and crumples. In UK, Australia,etc. there are some regulations on the usage of bullbars. In India, though, I don't think they are made to standards and are mostly used to give a macho look to the car. This seems to have accentuated the frontal damage to the car.

Saw this Zoom car scorpio crashed into a bustop near Hakimpet on Hyderabad Karimnagar highway.
Driver must have dozed off as no tread marks on the road not even before crashing. The bulges on screen implies that both driver and passenger were not belted.
Seen lot of these zoomcar SUVs zooming without a care in the world mostly driven rashly.

This morning on the Pune-Mumbai expressway just before the tunnel near the first food plaza. The innova guy was about 200 m ahead of me in middle lane. Suddenly swerved off and crashed into the barrier before the tunnel. Sheer momentum carried him through the crash barrier toppled the lamp post and wrapped the vehicle around the tree.

Surprisingly no casualties: the old man sitting in back suffered superficial hand injuries. Driver was probably belted and not a scratch on him.

My theory (which the IRb guys agreed with) is that the driver dozed off. In fact one of them said there had never been an accident on that spot since the eway opened.
I was first on the scene and helped the old man out of the vehicle, along with another guy in a white Swift who stopped after seeing me flash my hazards and stop. Surprisingly the cop on scene said no statement was required, despite so much destruction of public property (the lamp post and crash barrier are history).
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452495082.350077.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452495096.748827.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452495110.616101.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452495122.867595.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452495140.552587.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452495200.040613.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452495213.791895.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452495227.776347.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452495241.411095.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452495253.795457.jpg

Two ambulances, a fire truck and the cops on the scene in minutes. Must say am heartened by the speed of response!

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 3888287)
This morning on the Pune-Mumbai expressway just before the tunnel near the first food plaza. !

The Innova seems to have survived the crash quite well. infact i am surprised that the front bumper still seems intact after having crashed through the barrier. Alls well that ends well

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 3888287)
I was first on the scene and helped the old man out of the vehicle

Great job Noop :thumbs up

People like you keep the world turning around.

Cheers.