Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1294.html)

No ground breaking information but still a good watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ML4GA47Rg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 3868648)
Damn :Shockked:

If that does not explain the importance of Seat Belts, I don't know what else/more can. No matter the build quality or material used:

If you Drink, Don't Drive...VICEVERSA please:

In this case, seat belts would have ensured that the dead bodies remain in the car :Frustrati and NOTHING else!

More than seat belts, IMHO, this explains how dangerous drunk driving is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORTified (Post 3870561)
In this case, seat belts would have ensured that the dead bodies remain in the car :Frustrati and NOTHING else!

More than seat belts, IMHO, this explains how dangerous drunk driving is.

What you think about this then,
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car-crash.jpg

source

Seat belt prevent you from jolting around and hitting stuffs, which is the major killer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarvodaya (Post 3869188)
8 teenagers ??? I am still scratching how 8 can fit a car. :Frustrati:Frustrati

Well sarvodaya its very much possible in India. Well it may not be appropriate to mention this here, but I personally traveled a very short distance in Nissan Micra with my seven other friends but then car was also driven in its limits. Still I would say its unsafe to try such things on highway or for long-distance drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecenandu (Post 3870874)
What you think about this then,

Seat belt prevent you from jolting around and hitting stuffs, which is the major killer.

What are you suggesting? Do you think Seat belts would have saved people in this scenario? :Frustrati Cabin is crushed beyond recognition.

I will offer a contrarian view. Not wearing seat belts would have thrown people out of the cabin before it is crumpled like a foil and some might have survived, depending an where they landed.

Trust me, in the case that you highlighted and the one on which I commented, seat belt are of NO USE. They will only help in case of collisions upto certain degree of impact. Beyond that, you are at the mercy of nature's forces.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karts (Post 3869193)
Going by the colour and speaker grill on the rear parcel tray, This is certainly not a brand new Verna. But 8 people on a 4 seater sedan looks next to impossible to even think of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karts (Post 3869253)
From the seat fabric pattern and the rear quarter glass, looks like its pre-fluidic verna.

:OT Just take a look at the integrated rear neck restraints / head rests. It is a 4S Verna. But 8 people??:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 3870961)
:OT Just take a look at the integrated rear neck restraints / head rests. It is a 4S Verna. But 8 people??:Shockked:

Sorry S2, I still believe, Its not a 4S Verna. Look at the Bonnet front edges (its flat) and rear quarter glass panel. Attaching pictures for reference. Correct me if I am wrong.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-newvernareviewl.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car.jpg

Quote:

It is not a 4S Verna or the Fluidic Verna for that matter.

Have a look at the rear door glass and you would know. It is the old Verna.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karts (Post 3870972)
Sorry S2, I still believe, Its not a 4S Verna. Look at the Bonnet front edges

You just pointed out the areas where it is clearly evident that this is not a fluidic verna. Just take a look at the bonnet in the crash pic again; you can clearly see how it's designed around the original verna's grille :)

Quote:

It is a 4S Verna.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karts (Post 3870972)
Correct me if I am wrong.
Attachment 1450766

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 3870973)
It is the old Verna.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 3871014)
You just pointed out the areas where it is clearly evident that this is not a fluidic verna. Just take a look at the bonnet in the crash pic again; you can clearly see how it's designed around the original verna's grille :)

Guys it is the older Verna, the one which was called as Hyundai Verna Transform. Here is the link for the picture and can be compared with the accident picture for the bonnet and rear quarter window.

Also the design of the seats clearly says its from the Verna transform. Even Verna transform came with rear integrated head rests. Link for the same.

Not that any of the newer Hyundai cars are the epitome of good handling (I myself owned a Hyundai until recently), but wasn't the original Verna (and the facelift) infamous for its boat-like handling, esp. the torquey diesel?

Overloading beyond stated capacity is a NO-NO for any vehicle, but EIGHT people in a 4/5 seater car notorious for bad handling and taking it for a high-speed run? Suicidal is the word!

I read about another one in Deccan Herald News paper two days back.

The vehicle was a Ford Endeavour. Location was Kanakapura Road.

Apparently a private bus was trying to overtake it and caused the SUV to turn turtle. With the result the bus ran over it.

The vehicle's strength and any amount of testing could not have come up with this type of scenario.

I've only managed to get a grainy photo of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORTified (Post 3870944)
What are you suggesting? Do you think Seat belts would have saved people in this scenario? :Frustrati Cabin is crushed beyond recognition.

All I am suggesting is that your chance of survival increases when belted up.

Quote:

Trust me, in the case that you highlighted and the one on which I commented, seat belt are of NO USE. They will only help in case of collisions upto certain degree of impact. Beyond that, you are at the mercy of nature's forces.
Will that help in the scenario you posted, I don't know.

Quote:

They will only help in case of collisions upto certain degree of impact. Beyond that, you are at the mercy of nature's forces.
Agree, seat belts won't help in all situations but will help in most of the scenarios.

Just curious, do you wear seatbelt while driving?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecenandu (Post 3871419)

Just curious, do you wear seatbelt while driving?

Do you always ask obvious questions OR just trying your hand for the first time? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORTified (Post 3871465)
Do you always ask obvious questions OR just trying your hand for the first time? :D

Not always. But in certain scenarios, just to clear my doubts I might ask questions that might be trivial or obvious to others.

I lost my college friend because he wasn't wearing the seat belt when accident occurred. He was sitting in front seat. The driver who was wearing the seat belt survived but took almost 3 months of rehabilitation to walk properly.

I always try to educate people on the importance of the seatbelt. But my folks will only wear seat belts when sitting in the front seat, when I am not around. Btw, do you follow seat belts for all people in the car, front and back passengers?