Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1283.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 (Post 3854296)
This is an accident perhaps documented earlier (I am not sure) but it involves a brand new Baleno. It might be off-topic but since we are discussing crash tests , I wonder if this should raise a few eyebrows.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/maruti...ome-questions/

This one is surely making news, its now high time for car manufacturers to consider build quality a major factor for cars in India where uncertainty looms in every corner. I believe cars should have that basic capability to protect its passengers even though it might not always be the fault at driver's end.

While we are on this topic of high speed crash and its aftermath, here is another one reported yesterday on the deadly NH50 (Pune-Nashik). This accident happened at Kalamb (between Narayangaon and Manchar) when a Duster collided head-on with an Eicher Truck. Both occupants in Duster sadly lost their lives. :( There is a notoriously sharp S turn at this place. Not sure if the accident happened at that spot. On another note, four laning of this highway between Rajgurunagar and Nashik is moving at a snail's pace. God knows how many lives it will take before the road is widened :mad:

Another one on Hyderabad's ORR - a car seems to have rammed into a milk tanker from rear while going in same direction.
Car must have been in some speed for that to happen in morning hours.

Location - Tapri, Kinnaur (Himachal Pradesh)
A speeding Alto K10 rammed into petrol pump refuelling tower which uprooted and fell on a standing M800.
Luckily no fuel spillage.

A BMTC bus caught fire at the ITPL this afternoon due to a short circuit. Pics credit: Sai P V

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20151125wa0000.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20151125wa0001.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by unk9ja (Post 3855692)
A BMTC bus caught fire at the ITPL this afternoon due to a short circuit. Pics credit: Sai P V

Attachment 1443747

Attachment 1443748

Witnessed this scene when going to park square mall. Swift action by traffic police in removing the bus. But it had led to a huge traffic jam and they were pestered by vehicles slowing down to watch the scene. The police reverted to mild lati charge to ward off crowd. One volvo bus driver also got a mouthful for stopping in the right lane to check out the scene. That was well deserved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepv (Post 3855451)
Another one on Hyderabad's ORR - a car seems to have rammed into a milk tanker from rear while going in same direction.

Its purely negligent driving by Skoda driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 (Post 3854296)
This is an accident perhaps documented earlier (I am not sure) but it involves a brand new Baleno. It might be off-topic but since we are discussing crash tests , I wonder if this should raise a few eyebrows.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/maruti...ome-questions/

First look at the picture of the Baleno and it seems the car crashed at 200+ speeds! Obviously baleno cant even touch such high speeds, Just assuming the max speed of the car to be around 130- 140 kph? I am never a fan of Marutis built quality, They heck they don't even provide safety features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 (Post 3855968)
First look at the picture of the Baleno and it seems the car crashed at 200+ speeds! Obviously baleno cant even touch such high speeds, Just assuming the max speed of the car to be around 130- 140 kph? I am never a fan of Marutis built quality, They heck they don't even provide safety features.

Are you a forensic expert, with experience of making such judgements?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3855969)
Are you a forensic expert, with experience of making such judgements?

I have assumed it, And it seemed like that to "Me".
I never know one has to be a forensic expert even to just "Assume". Don't agree? Ignore.

So your assessment of speed was guesswork, tinged with bias against Maruti.

Yes, you have a right to your guesses and your biases, and to express both. But lets be clear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepv (Post 3855451)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyman (Post 3855959)
Its purely negligent driving by Skoda driver.

Lane 1: Speeds between 5-30 kmph
Lane 2: Speeds between 30-60 kmph
Lane 3: Speeds between 60-90 kmph
Lane 4: Speeds between 90-120 kmph

Where, Lane 1 is farthest from the divider and Lane 4 is beside the divider (Fastest lane)

Me being a daily use of ORR, this is what I feel would have happened. As I have seen such near-fatal accidents almost daily.

It looks like a blind overtaking maneuver done where the speeds are on excess of 100 kmph in lane 3 & 4. The car driver spots a heavy vehicle chugging in fast lane and decides to overtake by changing lanes briskly from its left via the 2nd lane and the moment the car is in the 2nd lane, it is too late to react. There is this "unfortunate tanker" in its way and it is straight head-on collision. No chance to escape - be it laden with ABS, ESP, TC etc etc.

As per the picture, the tanker is in lane 2 which is in its correct lane as required by the rules @ ORR.

May the souls R.I.P.

PS: The car in question here is a Skoda Superb. Being low slung, it went through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 (Post 3855968)

There has been enough discussion on this baleno, here and on the Baleno thread that it could warrant its own thread. You should go though them before arguing any further. I think all points for and against Maruti have been covered. You will even see how the accident actually happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3855973)
....It looks like a blind overtaking maneuver done where the speeds are on excess of 100 kmph in lane 3 & 4. The car driver spots a heavy vehicle chugging in fast lane and decides to overtake by changing lanes briskly from its left via the 2nd lane and the moment the car is in the 2nd lane, it is too late to react. There is this "unfortunate tanker" in its way and it is straight head-on collision. No chance to escape - be it laden with ABS, ESP, TC etc etc. .....

As per police, there was fog and the Skoda couldnt spot the milk tanker. It was a straight collision, no lane change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyman (Post 3856024)
As per police, there was fog and the Skoda couldnt spot the milk tanker. It was a straight collision, no lane change.

Which makes it an even stronger case of negligent (or shall we say stupid?) driving. Driver driving too fast for the conditions.

If visibility is poor, slow down!