Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-126.html)

Rear wheel on drivers side looks dodgy

That is a very sad crash.. :( now exotic car crashes happen in India too? first the 360 of Chennai and now the SL AMG that too wid an SLR nose..

Probably the driver had many years of driving experience. Driving is such a trivial affair, maybe it was just an accident.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil (Post 1220048)
With such cars, fundamental principle is - Drive with grace! If you can't control the power, don't buy! Some people never know the capabilities and limitations of their car, especially on Indian roads...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1220015)
The only SL55 AMG in Kerala had an accident due to over speeding.

It's time manufacturers add "Common Sense' as a feature to its cars which will turn on whatever sense is available with the driver.
It's a pity money can't buy common sense...yet.

:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 1220273)
Probably the driver had many years of driving experience. Driving is such a trivial affair, maybe it was just an accident.

Sorry Diabloo, don't buy that argument. An accident caused by over-speeding is something that rests solely on the driver's shoulders, regardless of whether he or she was doing it in an Amby or an AMG. In this case, he's lucky he didn't annihilate someone on his route diversion. And Driving is not a trivial affair - its a privilege that should be earned by people who are disciplined enough to respect the rules of the road, and their own limitations.

I'll get off my soapbox now :)

Quote:

Lets not forget that most of these vehicle owner are powered by money and muscle. And again the drivers are may not be enough educated to read the owner manual also :)

And above all as usual our Indian Road are not good enough to explore the full capability of this kind of vehicle. This vehicle is just for status maintaining.

From today's TOI - Bangalore.

Quote:

The driver of a speeding tempo traveller was killed in the wee hours on Wednesday after he crashed into the median near Mehkri Circle. Venkatesh, 25, a native of Mulbagal and driver with a private transport company, was heading to Yelahanka from Jayanagar for a morning pickup. While on Ramana Maharshi Road, near Mehkri Circle, he took a right turn towards Yelahanka, lost control and slammed into the median. The vehicle turned turtle thrice and hit a bus coming from the opposite direction. Venkatesh died on the spot.
RIP Venkatesh, you had this coming. I am happy you didnt take any innocent along and also for the fact that our roads are a wee bit safer now that you no longer will be able to drive.

Heart goes out to your family though. May they find the strength.

Quote:

No matter how much experience you got when driving on Indian roads you should not Overspeed, otherwise result can be seen in pics.
Can this be repaired or total loss?

Quote:

No matter how much experience you got when driving on Indian roads you should not Overspeed, otherwise result can be seen in pics.
He was just 25yrs and how many years experience he would be having it.

Quote:

Can this be repaired or total loss?
Can you believe that this can be repaired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil (Post 1220048)
1) With such cars, fundamental principle is - Drive with grace! If you can't control the power, don't buy!
2) Some people never know the capabilities and limitations of their car, especially on Indian roads...

I think you are correct in the part that these cars are to be driven with grace. And if one is not capable of handling the power, they are not required on the road.

But on the secnod part " Some people never know the capabilites and limitations of their car, especially on Indian roads...", I think its like this : Only some people know the limitataions and capabilities of their machines.

The car is tough and I think that person managed to slow down or else with high speed nothing can help a human.

EDIT : The tempo traveler accident looks bad. The roof has taken the hit from bus and obviously the driver could not survive. I wonder how can one lose control over the vehicle. Are there chances of the vehicle being ill maintained ?

Does this SL55 belongs to the guy from Pune.

which car is this?:)

Skoda Laura cut outs

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1221380)
which car is this?:)

Its the latest Honda city

thats right, ANHC. another pic of the same car