Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1221.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjz (Post 3758463)
Some Pictures of the same

Damn! If that happened to the previous-gen Jetta (which was more of a tank than the current gen), I think a Japanese car would've become invisible after such a crash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryputtar (Post 3758538)
People like me bought the Jetta pretty much for the safety

No such thing as a death-proof car. A crazy driver can get himself killed even in an S-Class.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3759570)
Damn! If that happened to the previous-gen Jetta (which was more of a tank than the current gen), I think a Japanese car would've become invisible after such a crash.

The tank factor is a depreciating one, Jetta A5 was so much better than the A6 and now when the A7 comes along I am sure it will be much more akin to the Octavia.

Sadly FE and cost cutting is all the rage now :deadhorse

The front rim of an RS200 belonging to my friend's friend broke due to (alleged)sudden braking. I am not sure if that was the sole reason but its very scary nonetheless.

Is this a one-off incident or are there similar complains of weak rims? To be honest, I find the rim design quite flimsy. They may be strong but atleast the design makes the rims look quite thin and flimsy.

-Bhargav

There is a pic in front of a police station if am not mistaken. Handle bar is a bit bent and seems like clutch cable dislodged. Braking alone cannot be a cause of this magnitude of severity. My 2 cents. RS200 is a pretty decent in braking and with rear discs . If you notice the front disc is also a large size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieseldunk (Post 3759825)
There is a pic in front of a police station if am not mistaken. Handle bar is a bit bent and seems like clutch cable dislodged. Braking alone cannot be a cause of this magnitude of severity.

It is a police station indeed. The handle bar has been bent, however, the clutch cable isn't dislodged. The clutch cable is caused to bend because of the bent handlebar. Nothing wrong with it.

-Bhargav

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieseldunk (Post 3759825)
There is a pic in front of a police station if am not mistaken. Handle bar is a bit bent and seems like clutch cable dislodged. Braking alone cannot be a cause of this magnitude of severity. My 2 cents. RS200 is a pretty decent in braking and with rear discs . If you notice the front disc is also a large size.

Yes exactly - Braking was not the issue but 'Breaking' was! KTM 390s had a similar issue where many owners from the early batches faced issues with the wheel rims cracking and breaking thus causing accidents.

Not just bikes, even the optional alloys offered by Mahindra on the XUV had such an issue ( even a soft recall to fix it )

The damages seen on the bike could be the aftermath of the wheel breaking under hard braking.

Got this on WhatsApp.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150722_200700.png
Views: 9424
Size:  335.9 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150722_200712.png
Views: 10507
Size:  415.3 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by schakravarthy (Post 3759986)
Got this on WhatsApp.

This is the new Hyundai Creta. Do you have more details on this accident? How did this happen and where?

It is really sad to see a vehicle involving in an accident just after the day of launch:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusionbang (Post 3759989)

This is the new Hyundai Creta. Do you have more details on this accident? How did this happen and where?

Nope, I don't have any info. Might have occurred near Ratlam, as a friend suggested, but not sure.
I posted here in the hope that someone might be able to shed some details. :)

Maybe some new owner trying to replicate the completely irresponsible TVC for the Creta. Sad sight!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusionbang (Post 3759989)

It is really sad to see a vehicle involving in an accident just after the day of launch:Frustrati

Yes, sad to see in this state. Probably the fastest to reach the accidents thread. Looks like it rear-ended a truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octane_Power (Post 3759787)
The front rim of an RS200 belonging to my friend's friend broke due to (alleged)sudden braking.

How is your friend?

Any chance an object got stuck between the spokes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by schakravarthy (Post 3759986)
Got this on WhatsApp.

Ouch. Unfortunately that looks like a bike or pedestrian hit. More likely a bike, due to the severity of the damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 3760016)
How is your friend?

Any chance an object got stuck between the spokes?

Hi Rehaan! I have asked my friend about him, but he hasn't replied yet.

The alloy design is such that, there is no possibility of something getting stuck there..

-Bhargav

The Creta reminds me of a test drive accident of an Ecosport that turned turtle, soon after its launch. It was posted on this thread as well.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-11722632_913769785350946_8958518625592499494_o.jpg

From the owner's facebook page:
Plz read it.. hi ,this is mohsin Patel I hd bought bajaj RS 200 in two months back. I had major accident with my wife n occurred losses we both r suffering from illness and we both r admitted in Hospital.this all happened due to bajaj company manufacturing fault.this incident is happen on highway I m driving the bike and when I hd press break n then suddenly wheel disk is broken down n whole wheel is removed from Bike nd we fall down.
I m attaching my bike photos plz watch that photo
Plz guys be careful with bajaj companies bike
I want to make aware all d people so plz share it nd giv d information to all ur frnds n relatives nd loving ones ...
Nd guys dnt buy bajaj companies produ