Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1156.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 3658063)
That was a sick video of 2 hoodlums threatening a lady. Any updates on the case, what sections on the IPC are being applied ? The cops should put an attempt to murder charge on those 2 men. Had it not been for the video, nothing would've happened.

EDIT : Read that those 2 men were arrested and also got bail because the charges were diluted !

My wife met with an accident about 1-1/2 years ago when a armyman in uniform rammed into her car. The aftermath, men from his unit, all in uniform, surrounded her and started abusing her, one chap caught hold of her hand and grabbed the car keys, all this while she was bleeding from her face. It took me some time to reach the spot. These hooligans in uniform did not let me take her to the hospital all the while when they had shifted their man to the Military Hospital within minutes of the accident. Unfortunately nobody shot a video of the incident. Neither the army or the police took any action.

So its good that someone shot a video of the incident and it went viral and the lady will get justice, I hope.

Few days back, saw this Mini cooper on NH4 a few Kilometers after Haveri. May be a result of high speed and speed breakers on the highway which driver might not have noticed in the night.

Got this from my nephew.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150307wa0003.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150307wa0004.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150307wa0005.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150307wa0006.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150307wa0007.jpg

Do not have any details of this accident though.

A friend of mine posted this pic on his fb page, seems a very bad hit from behind and Swift has totally crumbled. Just hope there were no rear seat occupants or their survival would have been impossible.
Have seen so many Swift owners driving rashly with stock 175 tyres, no abs, the built of the car is mediocre and driving outside limits is just inviting trouble.
Location is Dhaula kuan.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425808640.290851.jpg

Spotted this accident yesterday between attibele and electronic city. This trailer truck hit a lorry and entered the service lane hitting a Duster and damaging it badly. Any one has more information on this?

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150308wa0011.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150308wa0012.jpg

This Bangalore - Chennai sleeper bus lost control on a turn and went over the median(on the krishnagiri - chennai stretch) to the other side. Luckily no vehicles on the other side. I have seen big boards before such turns saying "Sharp turn ahead" or "accident prone area", but still these guys who do daily trips are ignorant when 30-40 people trust them to reach their destination.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-snap1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-snap2optimized.jpg

Just came across this video on YouTube. Pertains to this holi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoDeVafyV7c

Shocked looking at the apathy with which the Bolero guy was driving :Shockked:
Like he couldn't see a bunch of guys dancing? and decided to run them over?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pach (Post 3658738)
Few days back, saw this Mini cooper on NH4 a few Kilometers after Haveri. May be a result of high speed and speed breakers on the highway which driver might not have noticed in the night.

Holy almighties :Shockked:

What an accident! High speeds? For sure. What a sad way to end a car.

Truck with long carriage went over the median and overturned on the outer ring road ( Bangalore) just after the Banaswadi Flyover. The cabin of the truck was badly mangled. Not Sure if any other vehicle was involved. Could not take photos as I was driving alone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1lokesh (Post 3659514)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoDeVafyV7c

This is too shocking! In broad daylight. Couldn't make out if driver had already braked before entering the visible video area with wheels locked. I am in the opinion that some show off by a person belonging to the same group and may be under influence and tried to brake aiming to to stop very close to the dancing group. Bald tyres slid along and didn't stop the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1lokesh (Post 3659514)

... ... ...

:eek:

Talking on the phone? Texting? Reading a book? Just driven around a blind corner without bothering to reduce speed?

This is unbelievable. It would be nice if it did turn out to be faked, but I suspect it is sadly genuine ...but no news coverage of an event where people must have been killed and/or seriously injured?

Quote:

Originally Posted by unk9ja (Post 3658919)
Got this from my nephew.

Do not have any details of this accident though.

Phew, What an accident! Is driver still in the bus in second last pic?

looks like the Indane truck jumped the divider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3659676)
:eek:
but no news coverage of an event where people must have been killed and/or seriously injured?

I saw this clip on a news channel in the morning before leaving for office. Anchor reported that luckily no one died in this accident.

Saw this today on way to Terminal 1D Delhi. Location is the junction where NH8 traffic from Gurgaon merges with the one coming from Dhaula Kuan side.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150309_213822.png
Views: 6769
Size:  606.9 KB

I was a passenger in a Meru.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pach (Post 3658738)

What a disaster, :Frustrati Mini Cooper :Shockked:
Totally out of control, cannot imagine at what speed he was travelling. This might have happened as an animal / villager entered the HW and the driver might have lost control.
NH4: though the road is very good the people crossing it think as though its a small gully road. Remembering the song "It Happens Only In India"

@Thad - no further info. It was playing on all hindi channels today in delhi.

@Arun - Scary. That could've resulted in a loss of many lives. This particular bus is parked near our apartment complex in Chennai IIRC.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpy_Raj (Post 3660125)
What a disaster, :Frustrati Mini Cooper :Shockked:
Totally out of control, cannot imagine at what speed he was travelling. This might have happened as an animal / villager entered the HW and the driver might have lost control.
NH4: though the road is very good the people crossing it think as though its a small gully road. Remembering the song "It Happens Only In India"

Raj,

Pray how you arrived at this diagnosis? Were you at the site of the accident?