Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1076.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3516869)
Rear tyres seem to have decent tread, whereas the front tyre looks like its worn off a bit. That's another reason why tyre rotation is a good idea. It evens out the wear in all four tyres.

I drive on the highways a lot and sometimes a large pool of water comes up suddenly and its too late to brake and slow down to controllable speeds. I've had some real scary moments in such situations. When car hits the pool of water you can almost feel the car lifting off the road due to force at which the water splash hits the underbody. You can also feel the tyres losing traction. At this time it is important that you lift your foot off the brakes / acc pedal and hold the steering tight and hope that you pass that pool of water and tyres regain traction.

I had similar situation 2 weeks back when returning from Hassan to Bangalore, it was raining cat and dogs. I was at ~80kmph on divided highway in a bright day and hit a large pool of water. At that moment I could feel the sever retardation and lifting of car. By natural instinct jammed the break and in a moment ABS kicked in and I was in full control car and able to steer to left lane. I am sure without ABS, jamming break would have resulted in a skid.

These are the times, ABS really helps and allow one to steer the car to safety.

Last Friday, on 22-Aug-2014, witnessed an accident near agara flyover. Drunk driver rams the swift on to the railing of the flyover, takes a spin and stops. The driver gets down, profusely bleeding and ran away to the nearest auto rickshaw and pushed off.

He left the keys, some documents in the car ! We called up the Police (100) and they came to clear the mess. I am not posting pics to respect privacy, as i think the driver is familiar to me. Seemed like an influential person, debris was cleared and the car was not parked at the HSR police station. No other vehicles were involved so i believe the cops might not pursue the case further.

Another one just read in the news:

http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bi...RIAL&BV_ID=@@@

The driver is finally saved by fire force and the khalasi helpers. Not sure how this would happen, i am assuming the truck was at a good speed.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/40875172.cms

I don't think this has been posted here.

Last sunday on our way to Lonavala (9:30 AM), spotted this 5 series at a police station on the JNPT road. Could not take any pics, but while returning managed to take a pic of the car. Noticed that the rear left indicator was still blinking. So it could be that the accident may have happened early morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 3519000)
Last sunday on our way to Lonavala (9:30 AM), spotted this 5 series at a police station on the JNPT road. Could not take any pics, but while returning managed to take a pic of the car. Noticed that the rear left indicator was still blinking. So it could be that the accident may have happened early morning.

That's an F30 3 series 320d sport line. Looks like a really nasty hit!

Q7 pole-dancing and recovery... :D

Happened early this morning around 4:45 AM near my home. Discovered it while setting off for my early morning cycle ride a half-hour later.

http://youtu.be/GrrWu5qh2E4

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-q71k300.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-q72k300.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-q73k300.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-q74k300.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-q75k300.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-q76k300.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-q77k300.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 3519168)
Q7 pole-dancing and recovery.

:Shockked:

What kind of metal is that on the fender and bonnet?

Sorry for my ignorant levels in vehicular construction but the body seems to be too delicate.

IMO, one pole and.... Look at the fog lamp! :Frustrati

Anurag.

Eyes playing trick or he actually drove it after that nasty hit. That fog lamp is still dangling out. Should have taken it on a flat bed for repairs.

I was witness to a horrific motorcycle crash on inner ring road close to the Dell office on Friday 29th August. The wife and I were heading from Koramangala towards Domlur flyover when a black R15 zipped past me at break neck speed. I must have been going 50, and I could hardly see him as he sped past, he was going that fast!

Seconds later he was on the ground, the bike in pieces and a pool of blood already forming. It looked like he had rammed into the police post in the divider, the post had fallen down from the impact! I didn't see what exactly happened though.

I immediately offloaded my wife into an auto and his friend who was on another bike presumably loaded him into the back of my car. We got him to Manipal in less than 3 minutes, I had to drive through the barricades at the right turn into Manipal.

Sadly it was all in vain. The docs tried reviving him for 20 minutes and pronounced him dead. Completely rattled me, feel horrible for his family. He was all of 23!

I have always loathed speed junkies, and this incident has increased my hatred for them even more. I just cannot understand what goes through these morons heads. 4 wheels or 2, the city is not a proving ground. Why run the risk of bringing death to yourself or someone else for a darned speed fix?

It took 3 hours of effort from the 3M Car Care store in Marathahalli to get the blood stains out. I have no pictures of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reswaran (Post 3519254)

I immediately offloaded my wife into an auto and his friend who was on another bike presumably loaded him into the back of my car. We got him to Manipal in less than 3 minutes, I had to drive through the barricades at the right turn into Manipal.

Sadly it was all in vain. The docs tried reviving him for 20 minutes and pronounced him dead. Completely rattled me, feel horrible for his family. He was all of 23!

R.I.P and give strength to his family and friends. Worst thing to happen but I fail to understand why doesn't sense dawn in these speed freaks.

Man, hats off to you for that gesture of taking him to hospital. Many shy away seeing the accident in fear of a police case etc leaving the victim bleeding to death.

Hope you recover soon.

Anurag.

Quote:

I was witness to a horrific motorcycle crash on inner ring road close to the Dell office on Friday 29th August. The wife and I were heading from Koramangala towards Domlur flyover when a black R15 zipped past me at break neck speed. I must have been going 50, and I could hardly see him as he sped past, he was going that fast!

Seconds later he was on the ground, the bike in pieces and a pool of blood already forming. It looked like he had rammed into the police post in the divider, the post had fallen down from the impact! I didn't see what exactly happened though.

I have always loathed speed junkies, and this incident has increased my hatred for them even more. I just cannot understand what goes through these morons heads. 4 wheels or 2, the city is not a proving ground. Why run the risk of bringing death to yourself or someone else for a darned speed fix?

It took 3 hours of effort from the 3M Car Care store in Marathahalli to get the blood stains out. I have no pictures of course.

Kudos to you for your efforts to save him. Not many people would be big hearted to carry a bleeding accident victim in their car.

Although it's sad that the biker did not survive, i have no pity towards him. It's not that he did not know the consequences of such an act. And he paid dearly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3519228)
:Shockked:
What kind of metal is that on the fender and bonnet?
...the body seems to be too delicate.
IMO, one pole and.... Look at the fog lamp! :Frustrati

Delicate bodies do the pole dance, of course! :uncontrol

In all likelihood, there could be aluminium used on the bonnet and fenders - for weight reduction as well as better crumple zone.
Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3519250)
Eyes playing trick or he actually drove it after that nasty hit. That fog lamp is still dangling out. Should have taken it on a flat bed for repairs.

He did try to drive, but had smoke pouring out of the tailpipes, and the transmission refused to work. The flatbed was there (see the video where it tows the car away from the lamp-post), but it was taking too long to load up the car, so I left.

Audi quality - the fog lamp continued to work after the crash!

Quote:

I immediately offloaded my wife into an auto and his friend who was on another bike presumably loaded him into the back of my car.

Well done, you're among the rarer people who stop to assist accident victims. Its even more noteworthy that you stepped up to help when travelling with your wife.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 3519287)
Delicate bodies do the pole dance, of course! :uncontrol

In all likelihood, there could be aluminium used on the bonnet and fenders - for weight reduction as well as better crumple zone.

He did try to drive, but had smoke pouring out of the tailpipes, and the transmission refused to work. The flatbed was there (see the video where it tows the car away from the lamp-post), but it was taking too long to load up the car, so I left.

Audi quality - the fog lamp continued to work after the crash!

Wondering why it started to smoke though? It seems there was no damage to the engine or was there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 3519292)
Wondering why it started to smoke though? It seems there was no damage to the engine or was there?

Probably due to the busted TC intercooler. Engine seemed to idle okay, but wouldn't rev, and for the transmission only P and N worked apparently.