Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-102.html)

now this will lead to major accidents in bangalore

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3027/...3d5211c5_o.jpg

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Were the boys in wagon R arrested or detained for questioning?

The result of this Omni's run-in with a 10-wheel dumper truck on a narrow state highway near Chandu village in Gurgaon. And another of an Omni taxi sandwiched between two trucks on the NH8 near the Delhi domestic airport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1154389)
Were the boys in wagon R arrested or detained for questioning?

Are you sure it was Wagon R's fault. Yes they were not wearing the belts, that was wrong, but can arrest be made for this alone ? I dont think so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 1154425)
The result of this Omni's run-in with a 10-wheel dumper truck on a narrow state highway near Chandu village in Gurgaon. And another of an Omni taxi sandwiched between two trucks on the NH8 near the Delhi domestic airport.

The second picture looks horrible. Any human causalities ? Its high time the road safety in city areas be improved. Controlling speed is just half the matter or even less. I wonder when the people will have some better understanding about safety.
I wonder what happens when those overloaded and gas run Omni carrying school kids meets with an accident.

Goswami ji,

I agree prima facie. However, the understanding I had is that cracked plastic is not the same thing as the cabin getting crushed. It is indeed a hazard for the knee area if it happens on all vehicles - to my eye the NHC cabin looked to be in one piece, hence, the comment.

:0

Well the way post was written seemed the fault of Wagon R boys only.

Seems unlikely people survived in the OMNI( most unsafe vehicle on road)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1154621)
Seems unlikely people survived in the OMNI( most unsafe vehicle on road)

It is worth thinking about how come the number of casualties reported from Omnis has been rather low over the years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupmathur (Post 1154663)
It is worth thinking about how come the number of casualties reported from Omnis has been rather low over the years.

Are you talking from statistical data or the number of articles seen in newspapers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 1154720)
Are you talking from statistical data or the number of articles seen in newspapers?

Tejas, I don't think there has been a statistical study.
I'm talking from what has been seen, heard and read.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1154459)
The second picture looks horrible. Any human causalities ?

Yes, 2 dead, 5 injured seriously. I had occasion to see one of the injured persons at the hospital. Not a happy sight. Happened late at night, and the driver was DUI.

Cylinder blast in car kills man

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Mysore: In a late night tragedy, a car caught fire as cylinders kept in the vehicle burst killing one person in Mysore on Monday.
Two cylinders and two gas stoves, which were in the car, burst throwing the charred remains of the car up to 100 mts around the site of the blast.
The incident occurred on the Ring Road near Raju Nagar. The deceased has been identified as Wazid Baig, 40, a resident of Raju Nagar. He is the manager at a petrol bunk. Baig was returning home at around 8.30 pm when the incident took place.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
The fire officials said that they had a tough time retrieving the body of the deceased from the car. They suspect that a cigarette lit by Baig sparked a fire from a leak in the cylinders.

GUTTED: The remains of the car were strewn 100 metres from the blast site in Mysore on Monday night

6 kids die as train hits schoolbus

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Ferozepur: Six children on the way to school lost their lives because of the callousness of a bus driver, who was talking on his mobile phone while driving. The schoolbus was hit by a locomotive at an unmanned crossing in Ferozepur district of Punjab on Monday. Twenty-one children were injured.Railway officials said the bus didn’t have a permit to run and there was no conductor present at the time of the incident.
According to eyewitnesses, the driver, identified as Kulwant Singh, jumped out to save himself as the train engine crushed the bus belonging to the DAV Senior Secondary School near Talwandi Bhai railway station on Ferozepur-Ludhiana section at 8 am.
“I saw the driver talking on his cellphone when our bus was hit,’’ said Udhey Pal, a Class I student, who escaped unhurt. Eyewitnesses said the bus was in the middle of the track when it was hit.“There was no conductor and the bus has been running without a valid permit,’’ said R S Ghera, additional divisional railway manager, Ferozepur.

TRAGEDY: The remains of the schoolbus after the train crushed 6 children in Ferozepur district of Punjab on Monday

That is just sick! Only in India.

6 innocent lives because of one mans carelessness! I hope he gets booked for murder!

May the souls RIP! :(

A concrete mixer has turned turtle in front of Jubilee Check Post (Hyderabad)

I don't think there are any causalities but a long traffic jam.