Team-BHP - Accidents in India | Pics & Videos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Accidents in India | Pics & Videos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/109249-accidents-india-pics-videos-1013.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbppjpr (Post 3399481)
BTW the car is in wrong lane

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenren (Post 3399600)
I can't imagine how the rail pierced from the rear of the car. Was he going in reverse at 200km/h or what?

The car might have spun??

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 3399608)
The car might have spun??

I doubt the fencing can cross to such extent in a spinning BMW. Looks more like a head on. Still just a guessing though.

There is news for all Volvo Bus bashers . One more accident and one more burnt bus . This is time its on the Mumbai-Pune expressway .

A tempo driver and cleaner killed after it rear ends a bus and both burst into flames .

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 3400039)
There is news for all Volvo Bus bashers . One more accident and one more burnt bus . This is time its on the Mumbai-Pune expressway .

A tempo driver and cleaner killed after it rear ends a bus and both burst into flames .

Sad. This time its SRS and looks like its their third Volvo accident recent days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 3400063)
Sad. This time its SRS and looks like its their third Volvo accident recent days.

Any casualities on the volvo bus. If so, then bad times for volvo again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbppjpr (Post 3399998)
I doubt the fencing can cross to such extent in a spinning BMW. Looks more like a head on. Still just a guessing though.

The guard rail entered the car from behind, which is clear from the pictures. Obviously he cant be going in reverse at a high speed. I dont see how else this could have happened, but surely he was not driving in the wrong lane.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football/...-horror-crash/

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh_gs

No casualities on bus but sadly lorry driver and cleaner lost lives.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140327_160713.png
Views: 5564
Size:  672.5 KB

Image source: Google

Mods: Please merge posts as I couldn't edit previous post on small screen to add photo.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 3400063)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suresh_gs (Post 3400079)

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 3400111)
No casualities on bus but sadly lorry driver and cleaner lost lives.

I don't have any sympathy for people who drive into the back of the vehicle in front.

Obviously speaking with no idea how fast that fire spread, but it doesn't look like Volvo is even using fire-retardent materials. That is scary! :eek:

Quote:

Any information how did this happen? The volvo seems to be completely burnt. Were the passengers able to get out it in time? Off late, I have been hearing more about these fire incidents involving volvo. Is there anything wrong with the buses of some particular batch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriveToLive (Post 3400143)
Is there anything wrong with the buses of some particular batch?

Was there any incident of Volvo catching fire without an accident?

I don't think it has anything to do with Volvo. Issue is predominantly with the arrogant bus drivers who abuse these buses and drive in a way that endangers the life of those on the road.

Yesterday night there was a major accident involving two trucks and one Innova on NH8, in Gurgaon.
Took me 40 minutes from IFFCO Chowk to DLF HQ as two lanes were completely shut down.

In most of these luxury buses, the cushion foam seems to be highly flammable. And there is extra padding to make the seats comfortable. Which I guess is the reason for the fire to spread so quickly and engulf the entire bus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 3400133)
...doesn't look like Volvo is even using fire-retardent materials. That is scary! :eek:

If I'm right, this is a B11R which costs ~1.5Cr and we obviously we expect fire retardent material. Unfortunately these operators put thick curtains and stuffy seats which spread a fire very quick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 3400571)
If I'm right, this is a B11R which costs ~1.5Cr and we obviously we expect fire retardent material. Unfortunately these operators put thick curtains and stuffy seats which spread a fire very quick.

Apart from the engine, chassis and shell of the bus materials, majority of them include plastics, foam and cloth... which are highly combustible.