Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 17:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: LED Lighting Conversion for your Two Wheelers

Wow pssmath. Got a look at this thread after a long time. I wonder how i missed it. Now i neither have the expertise nor the patience to carry out the work you have done on your bike and your car but i applaud the effort and the success. I would like to know if you would by any chance know of anyone in Bombay who could help/guide me for this conversion, first, to my RE Electra 350 and then on to my cars. Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2014, 21:15   #32

Hello V 16

Thank you very much for your appreciation of my efforts, the main reason for my interest in LED's started when i realised the harm that we humans are doing to the very thing that sustains us all "MOTHER NATURE".
Since i started working on LED's i have come a long way in learning about them and i have converted my home also to "FULL LED".

Just trying to do my bit that's all.

Now coming to your request unfortunately i do not know anyone personally in mumbai but i feel that someone with electronics knowledge should be able to help you out, by the way i just know the spelling of electronics and nothing else about it !!!
I do agree with you that it takes LOT OF PATIENCE & you need basic skill i.e soldering and desigining your light's layout etc.

Thanks
Pradeep S Sulladmath
Old 13th August 2017, 18:15   #33
BHPian

Hi ,

I have once used LED light instead of Halogen on my Karizma and I was not satisfied with the beams from the light. I prefer a HID lamp, but not LED since it has much higher " Penetrating effect " and is not a good choice for headlamps.
However , the Turn Indicator and Tail lamp being replaced with LED lamps is a really good idea and I may do it very soon on my Yezdi CL2. Thank you for the brilliant idea.

PS : I couldn't find a thread giving proper instruction on Yezdi / Jawa wiring ,if you have knowledge on the same , please share with us.
Old 20th August 2017, 10:40   #34

Hello JozfGT,
Thanks for your appreciation of my thread.
LEDs can be used for headlamps also but with proper designing/layout of the leds & LENS are a must if you want throw & proper spread.

I do have some files on yezdi & jawa owners manuals which i am attaching for your perusal. Hope they help.

Pradeep S Sulladmath
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jawa[1].pdf (434.2 KB, 347 views)
File Type: pdf YEZDI_1.pdf (254.5 KB, 406 views)
File Type: pdf YEZDI_2.pdf (315.3 KB, 252 views)
File Type: pdf YEZDI_3.pdf (479.4 KB, 269 views)
File Type: pdf YEZDI_4.pdf (614.3 KB, 280 views)
Old 21st August 2017, 18:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pssmath View Post
Hello JozfGT,
Thanks for your appreciation of my thread.
LEDs can be used for headlamps also but with proper designing/layout of the leds & LENS are a must if you want throw & proper spread.

I do have some files on yezdi & jawa owners manuals which i am attaching for your perusal. Hope they help.

Pradeep S Sulladmath
Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for the manuals and the information you have provided. In the manual, I saw the attachment for optical ignition also. Is it available in India? I have looked into it before two years and it was not available that time. If it is available, how much does it cost? Optical ignition is a very good technology and is already out there on latest sports bikes.
As a matter of fact, I still have some wiring works pending on my CL-II. After I does that, I will look into this LED conversion project again
Old 29th August 2017, 09:57   #36

Hello,

Try this thread it might be useful to you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-wheelers.html

Thanks

Pradeep S Sulladmath

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks