Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2012, 15:08   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
FYI,
There is a new riding store in Bangalore now called as "Lets Gear Up".

http://www.letsgearup.in
This appears to be a good start up Santosh, would it be run by Mr & Mrs Sukesh? Can you please let me know the complete address of this shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingthing View Post
Nice. Good to see additional stores (apart from the famous Orion Motors and X-torque) coming up in Bangalore for ridng accessories. Will check it out soon.
Right, appears that this is the new sunshine business. X-Torque have some amazing collection at competitive pricing; trying to search for their photos which I had taken when last visited.
Old 26th November 2012, 16:46   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
This appears to be a good start up Santosh, would it be run by Mr & Mrs Sukesh? Can you please let me know the complete address of this shop.
This place is located in HSR Layout on the 27th Main road, in the same building as Vision express. It is not facing the main road but to the adjacent lane. However it is visible from main road itself.

Its a good place, they have K&N filters as well. Sukesh suggested they are planning to include performance parts soon. He said if people require he can source tires as well but doesnt have plan to keep them in store due to space constraint.
mac187 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 18:21   #1068
BHPian

Finally have decided to take the plunge and get a Riding Jacket.
Budget is ~ Rs. 5000.
Would prefer something whcih can be worn in all types of weather and would be comfortable in the summers too.

From what I've read till now, the best options available to me (in no particular order) are :

1. Cramster Breezer,
2. Spartan HELIOS,
3. DSG Rage &
4. RJays Swift.

Need help in choosing the best one out of these and if you feel something not on the list will suit my requirements better, please feel free to suggest the same.
Old 21st December 2012, 21:32   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shekhar View Post
From what I've read till now, the best options available to me (in no particular order) are :

1. Cramster Breezer,
2. Spartan HELIOS,
3. DSG Rage &
4. RJays Swift.
If I were you, my order of preference (considering overall quality of material, stitching, etc.) would be Spartan, DSG, RJays. Cramster is IMHO not in my list since the quality is pathetic.

I suggest you to try it on and buy the one that fits you best.
Old 22nd December 2012, 22:46   #1070
BHPian

Hi n_aditya

What all would you recommend as a set of minimalistic riding gear for a city rider/highway tourer? I am looking for a good pair of riding gloves for these winters around 2000 bucks. What would you suggest? I have seen the ones you have got for yourself. Are they good enough? Thanks!
Old 23rd December 2012, 08:34   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Hi n_aditya

What all would you recommend as a set of minimalistic riding gear for a city rider/highway tourer? I am looking for a good pair of riding gloves for these winters around 2000 bucks. What would you suggest? I have seen the ones you have got for yourself. Are they good enough? Thanks!
Spartan Helios riding jacket would serve good for highways as well as city rides.
Gloves are purely your choice.
DSG Moto-Mesh (950 bucks) is a decent product. DSG Nitro (2200 bucks) falls in your budget as well and comes with better protection.
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 16:52   #1072
Team-BHP Support

Any of you folks got yourself RJays bots? There is a discount going on & am thinking to buy a pair.

Between Sidi New York & Alpinestar S-MX 1 boot, which would be more comfortable?

If nothing works out, shall go for Sidi - New York shoes. As I think they would be comfortable over a period of time.

Last edited by GTO : 24th December 2012 at 11:39. Reason: As requested
Old 24th December 2012, 00:56   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Hi n_aditya

Hi n_aditya

Can you also recommend some nice gloves which I can get around a 1000 bucks?
Old 25th December 2012, 16:36   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi n_aditya

Can you also recommend some nice gloves which I can get around a 1000 bucks?
@ironhead,
As mentioned by Divya Sharan, go for Mesh (INR 850) for city purposes and Nitro or Revive for Highway riding.
Old 26th December 2012, 14:24   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Spartan Helios riding jacket would serve good for highways as well as city rides.
Gloves are purely your choice.
DSG Moto-Mesh (950 bucks) is a decent product. DSG Nitro (2200 bucks) falls in your budget as well and comes with better protection.
Moto-Mesh - is just a namesake glove. I don't think it can protect any fall effectively at all unless one is taking the fall in slow motion

DSG Nitro is a better bet. Although it costs more than twice as much.

Spartan Helios is one helluva jacket! I found it quite impressive. DSG Rage is pretty flimsy though.
Old 26th December 2012, 14:41   #1076
Senior - BHPian

I'd bought the DSG Nero Waterproof pants before starting on my Coast to Coast ride. Since it is waterproof, I was a little worried that it might be too hot to wear on my ride. But I was surprised that it was quite comfortable - not hot. And though I wear size 36 pants, the size M for these pants fit me well. Nice comfortable fit. I removed the knee protection since I have knee guards that I wear over these pants. Purchased from Orion Motors, near Forum. Got it for 5500 IIRC.

http://www.planetdsg.com/dsg-nero-wa...ts-p-1606.html
Old 27th December 2012, 18:32   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
They come in red, blue, and black, but my size (XXL) was only in blue. Plus mine has the "Monster Energy" graphics all over instead of the Probiker metal tag/graphics.

Its a small shop in Nana Peth which also sells motocross mudguards etc. (had gone there to pick one such up when I saw these, so picked them up as well). Don't remember the name.
Hi am planning to pick up one of these. can you please give me any other landmark through which I can locate the store, a bit detail would be helpful as I am new to pune.

Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 11:09   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Hi am planning to pick up one of these. can you please give me any other landmark through which I can locate the store, a bit detail would be helpful as I am new to pune.

Thanks
From MG Road go towards Nana Peth. There is a small dargah in the middle of the road when you reach Nana Peth. Its a crossroads of 4 roads.

Turn left there. Hardly 20-25 meters down, across the road on the opposite side you will see a shop under a big tree. The shop will have many motocross mudguards, handles etc. hanging on display.

That's the shop. Hope this helps. I picked up another red XL one from him to keep in spare.
Old 1st January 2013, 13:27   #1079
Team-BHP Support

You know you have got yourself a great lid if the only worry is that the white isn't in sync with the rest of the gear or the bike

The Riding Gear thread-dsc01412-large.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-dsc01422-large.jpg

For the record, over the years I have corrected my helmet size all the way from a XXXL HJC to a size Medium Arai! I always bought the largest available size due owing to my religious head gear, but this time around besides a wee bit less vertical height, the fit is pretty dang perfect!

Have a look:
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img01451201212162204.jpg  

manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 15:22   #1080
BHPian

Bought a couple of Spartan Helios jackets (one for the wife and one for me) from Let's Gear Up in HSR Layout, Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-jackets.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks