Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 12:06   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: How To: Clean your motorcycle helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Are there any Indian makes available easily here? I have never been able to find these leather conditioners, water-proofers, etc. and usually land up using "mochi grade" white nourishing cream (blue box - Pelican brand) on my leathers once in a season. And my leathers have held up pretty ok in spite of some monsoon drenchings as well (close to 7 years now).
I use Eagle1 leather conditioner which is available at Spar outlets and at almost every auto accessory shop. You can also get leather conditioners from Sonax, 3M, ArmorAll, Formula1, etc.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 12:22   #857
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Need all season riding pants and have shortlisted 3.Please advice
RJays Pants - BIKES I RIDING GEAR I PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES I SPARES
AGV Sport Telluride Pants :: MotorcycleGear.com and http://olympiamotosports.com/catalog...nsformer-pant/

or if anyone has any other option in budget less then 10k
Old 4th April 2012, 12:47   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikham View Post
Need all season riding pants and have shortlisted 3.Please advice
RJays Pants - BIKES I RIDING GEAR I PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES I SPARES
AGV Sport Telluride Pants :: MotorcycleGear.com and http://olympiamotosports.com/catalog...nsformer-pant/

or if anyone has any other option in budget less then 10k
Check this out. All the brands you have listed are pretty good. I myself will be buying a pair of riding pants soon, maybe the AGV Sport or the Rjays since it is available here (in India).

So compare the features across these brands and go with the one that has most protection and ventilation.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:56   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Check this out. All the brands you have listed are pretty good. I myself will be buying a pair of riding pants soon, maybe the AGV Sport or the Rjays since it is available here (in India).

So compare the features across these brands and go with the one that has most protection and ventilation.
Performance racing has AGV Solare Pant.I am looking for something which has removable waterproof liner so Rjay is the only one left which is available in India or i had to get it from US
Old 4th April 2012, 13:18   #860
BHPian

Even I'm looking for pants which I plan to buy before May.

I contacted DSG, and they have their riding pants too but it isn't put up on the website yet. It costs about 5,500. Cramster also has pants for 4.9k. The AGV looks good for 6k which is the max I can pay for the riding pants. So which among these would you guys suggest?
Old 4th April 2012, 14:33   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikham View Post
Performance racing has AGV Solare Pant.I am looking for something which has removable waterproof liner so Rjay is the only one left which is available in India or i had to get it from US
Go with Rjays. Its durable and offers very good protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I contacted DSG, and they have their riding pants too but it isn't put up on the website yet. It costs about 5,500. Cramster also has pants for 4.9k. The AGV looks good for 6k which is the max I can pay for the riding pants. So which among these would you guys suggest?
I would suggest the AGV followed by RJays in order of preference for brand.
Old 4th April 2012, 15:19   #862
Senior - BHPian

I'd purchased the AGV Sport Solare Vented Pants, MSR Reflex Knee/Shin Guards and Fieldsheer Mach 6.0 Mesh Gloves from Revzilla recently. Had them shipped to the US and a friend of the family brought it back for me.

AGV Sport Solare Vented Pants - AGV Sport Solare Vented Pants - RevZilla

MSR Reflex Knee/Shin Guards - MSR Reflex Knee/Shin Guards - RevZilla

Fieldsheer Mach 6.0 Mesh Gloves - Fieldsheer Mach 6.0 Mesh Gloves - RevZilla

I still have to wear them on a ride but on first look - the pants I ordered are a little largish. I'd ordered 2XL after reading reviews but perhaps I should have stuck to XL. Oh well...

The knee guards are great - perfect fit. Gloves are yet to be broken in. My cramster gauntlets have served me well these years.

I will post reviews with pics as soon as I can.
Old 6th April 2012, 11:19   #863
Senior - BHPian

Just some feedback on the AGV pants. Couple of my close rider buddies recently bought these from Mumbai.

Both have suffered crotch tears (of the pants of course ....). Also, the material being mesh has shredded/unravelled pretty badly, so to repair it some extra material would need to be added as opposed to simple re-stitching.

Here is one of them riding in those on the Chennai track.

The Riding Gear thread-img_0652.jpg
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 11:17   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just some feedback on the AGV pants. Couple of my close rider buddies recently bought these from Mumbai.
Are these AGV Sport or AGV? I'm on the lookout for a set of pants too.
Old 9th April 2012, 12:37   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are these AGV Sport or AGV? I'm on the lookout for a set of pants too.
These are AGV Sport apparently. Solar Textile (Mesh). Cost is around 6K.

I have personally always been impressed by the quality of RJays stuff. Check their pants out as well. Should be in the same ballpark.

The Cramster and DSG ones are not waterproof.

My experience is that regardless of mesh or textile, you sweat much more in pants than in jackets. So check for decent venting if you want to use this for longer distances.
Old 9th April 2012, 13:01   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have personally always been impressed by the quality of RJays stuff. Check their pants out as well. Should be in the same ballpark.
+1. A close pal of mine crashed while riding his ninja a few months back and thanks to the RJays riding pants (All Seasons) and Rjays mesh jacket along with DSG Revive gloves and a DOT certified helmet he emerged unscathed from the incident. He was clocking over 100 kays when he hit a cement block on the road and was flung off the bike. Not a scratch on him and nothing broken either. The gear of course was badly damaged but did what it was designed to do.
Old 9th April 2012, 13:29   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1. A close pal of mine crashed while riding his ninja a few months back and thanks to the RJays riding pants (All Seasons) and Rjays mesh jacket along with DSG Revive gloves and a DOT certified helmet he emerged unscathed from the incident. He was clocking over 100 kays when he hit a cement block on the road and was flung off the bike. Not a scratch on him and nothing broken either. The gear of course was badly damaged but did what it was designed to do.
A Bullet rider friend of mine has come off his bike a few times in his RJays Octane mesh jacket. Except for a small bit of stitching opened up at the elbow patch on one side, the jacket is still going strong after more than 6 years of regular use. Good stuff, and fits good too.
Old 10th April 2012, 22:11   #868
BHPian

Got my Cortech RCX Jacket today.Good Ventilation and waterproof only problem got wrong size :(
The Riding Gear thread-2009cortechrcxjacketblack.jpg
Old 15th April 2012, 13:44   #869
BHPian

A* vs RJays vs DSG?

Hi Guys,
I have recently Purchased KTM Duke 200 & now i am looking for good riding gears. For jacket, I have shortlisted the following items -
1. Alpinestars T-GP Plus Air Jacket
2. RJays Octane
3. DSG - Maze
4. DSG - Nero
I have the following points to consider before buying the riding gears -
  1. Safety (Most Important)
  2. Should not sweat much (Sweat Doesn't look nice with ironed formals)
  3. Removable Waterproof liner is a plus point (I ride in Pune & it rains a lot)
  4. Should help in winters also.
I have tried all of the above except the RJays Octane. Please help rate the above different jackets in terms of the different criteria listed.

P.S.- I liked the A* among the three jackets. But is the Maze jacket as safe as the full fabric jacket like DSG Nero?

Thanks,
Nitin
Old 16th April 2012, 16:37   #870
Senior - BHPian

Re: A* vs RJays vs DSG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
I have the following points to consider before buying the riding gears -
  1. Safety (Most Important)
  2. Should not sweat much (Sweat Doesn't look nice with ironed formals)
  3. Removable Waterproof liner is a plus point (I ride in Pune & it rains a lot)
  4. Should help in winters also.
I have tried all of the above except the RJays Octane. Please help rate the above different jackets in terms of the different criteria listed.
The ones you have listed are good choices Nitin. Read through the product descriptions and go with the ones that have CE rated armor and most no. of features which you are looking for.

Mesh jackets will be more comfortable in summer since they allow for more air circulation and ventilation but when it comes to abrasion resistance they fare poorly compared to their counterparts which are made of cordura or leather.

Almost all jackets come with a removable rain/warm liner so thats not a worry in monsoons or winter.

The Nero is a very heavy jacket and will cook you in summer if you're riding in traffic. On the move, its fine since it has good amount of vents to flush out hot air from inside the jacket.

I would suggest either the A* or the Rjays since the protection level offered by these jackets is very good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks