Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 14:50   #706
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I guess the Cortech Latigo Air Road Race Boots looks good at $144 and worth increasing my budget!!!
Any idea how reliable are the online transactions on Motorcycle Superstore???
Sounds Good!!!

These guys are pretty genuine, so don't worry about the online transactions and also, no need to take the express shipping. The stuff reaches in 2-3 business days easily. Just make sure you get the size right as replacements are not a problem but with you being in India you will have to actually wait for someone to travel back with the stuff. I recommend, you go to a store in India (you area) and try the riding shoes you are considering for the right size and then order online.

You need an US credit card. Even, Indian Amex should work. I have had issues with the payment using Indian credit card so end up swiping the Amex (my company card).
Old 17th October 2011, 18:45   #707
Senior - BHPian

I have bought their pants and jackets thru ebay sellers and the quality seems to be good. From what I know, they are pakistan based. See if they can ship

::Himalaya Leather:: Leather Jackets, Leather Pants, Leather Vest, Motorbike Gloves, Saddle Bags, Tool Bags, Cordura Garments, Cordura Jackets for Man, Ladies, Kids & Bikers.* USA
Old 10th November 2011, 22:29   #708
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

have any of you used Joe Rocket Super Street Boots Performance Racing Store. Joe Rocket Super Street Boots

I was thinking to get axo ones, but DSG is yet to respond to a query of mine regarding a tank-pad and PRS is just so responsive. My vote for them, hence either JR or Sidi.
Old 11th November 2011, 07:33   #709
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Hi!

have any of you used Joe Rocket Super Street Boots Performance Racing Store. Joe Rocket Super Street Boots

I was thinking to get axo ones, but DSG is yet to respond to a query of mine regarding a tank-pad and PRS is just so responsive. My vote for them, hence either JR or Sidi.
Check in advance regarding stocks with PRS. Last time I checked with them for Sidi Vertigo they didn't have stock of my size. But I guess they can get them for you in about 2 weeks time. Since you mention Sidi, I say blindly go for them. They are the best, no second thoughts. No expeience with JR boots.

And nowadays DSG is like a lottery. If you get lucky, you get quality products and fast shipment. My riding buddies are not too impressed with some recent deals.
Old 11th November 2011, 08:54   #710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Check in advance regarding stocks with PRS. Last time I checked with them for Sidi Vertigo they didn't have stock of my size. But I guess they can get them for you in about 2 weeks time. Since you mention Sidi, I say blindly go for them. They are the best, no second thoughts. No expeience with JR boots.

And nowadays DSG is like a lottery. If you get lucky, you get quality products and fast shipment. My riding buddies are not too impressed with some recent deals.
Thanks

I can of course wait for my size & color preference. Sidi's are a bit costly, but then you get what you pay for.

I had tried the boots when I was shopping at PRS and seemed to like them, but they aren't full boots, so a bit low on safety (shin area), but street & daily use friendly. I think I will go for what the budget would allow.

I didn't even get an acknowledgement mail from DSG :|
Old 11th November 2011, 11:59   #711
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi guys, i am planning to get Riding shoes from US when my parents are coming back. What is the shoe size for US for Indian size of 8, is it 7 ?
Old 11th November 2011, 12:23   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Hi guys, i am planning to get Riding shoes from US when my parents are coming back. What is the shoe size for US for Indian size of 8, is it 7 ?
Add +.5, so for you it will be 8.5
Old 15th November 2011, 16:59   #713
BHPian

How are you guys getting your stuff shipped from US after buying from sites like motorcycle superstore etc
Old 15th November 2011, 17:07   #714
Team-BHP Support

Niks if your question is with regards to shipping cost, most US portals ship out rather huge parcels for about 50 - 70 USD. Sportbiketrackgear.com shipped a helmet, a pair of gloves, two pairs of stomp grips, a windscreen and a throttle cable for 50 USD back in the day. Denniskirk.com shipped my helmet for 50 USD as well. The smaller stuff comes in at 30 - 40 odd USD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Every company has its own variation. To give you some idea on the sizing though, I am an Indian size 8, European 42, UK 8 and a US 9. This sizing is mostly in place across all well known brands.

Last edited by manson : 15th November 2011 at 17:12.
Old 15th November 2011, 17:12   #715
BHPian

@manson : Yes, I was looking for this information

There are some sites which give you physical space where u can ship products and then get one big parcel shipped to india . any idea about that?
Old 15th November 2011, 17:17   #716
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
@manson : Yes, I was looking for this information

There are some sites which give you physical space where u can ship products and then get one big parcel shipped to india . any idea about that?
Not much idea on those, but buying your own shipping from any postal company usually works out more expensive from the couple of times I have looked into it. The portals get better shipping rates due to the higher volumes which they mostly pass on to their customers.
This one time I had someone scout a shipping option for me, I paid 150 USD for a box that I'd otherwise pay nothing over 80-100 USD when buying from a portal.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 17:30   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

I didn't even get an acknowledgement mail from DSG :|
Since a past few months DSG guys have been showing laziness in taking orders. I got my jacket's replacement after over 2 months of the purchase date. Sending queries by mail is the last thing you should do while trying to deal with DSG.

Anyway, try their Facebook page/id for queries. They respond within hours there.

I am looking for a pair of gloves. Budget is strictly under 3k. What options do I have? I will also be using the same gloves in summers as well, so please suggest accordingly.
Old 15th November 2011, 17:42   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Since a past few months DSG guys have been showing laziness in taking orders. I got my jacket's replacement after over 2 months of the purchase date. Sending queries by mail is the last thing you should do while trying to deal with DSG.

I am looking for a pair of gloves. Budget is strictly under 3k.
Speak to Vijay from Planet DSG. He is pretty helpful or at least was responsive when i used to deal with him directly.

For your requirement the DSG Revive (costs Rs. 1900/-) fits perfectly. I have been using this for over 1.5 years and highly recommend it.

It has good quality leather all over (on the palm area and on the hand), air vents on fingers, carbon fiber/kevlar protection for knuckles and fingers so it will protect you very well and keep you cool in hot weather. Only grouse is that the quality of velcro on the straps are pathetic and refuse to stick after 6-8 months. Not a big issue as you can stitch an extra strip of velcro over this for less than 20 bucks.

Here is an image for reference. Source - Planet DSG website.

The Riding Gear thread-dsg-revive-gloves-palm.jpg

The Riding Gear thread-dsg-revive-gloves.jpg

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th November 2011 at 17:44.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 17:50   #719
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, try ebay as well to get the best of the deals. This time of the year, you get juicy closeouts and ebay is no exception. Infact, they are more accomodative on shipping too if you buy more items. This is my experience after dealing with STG, Ridersdiscount, Motorcyclegeardotcom (previously New Enough) and ofcourse ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
I am looking for a pair of gloves. Budget is strictly under 3k. What options do I have? I will also be using the same gloves in summers as well, so please suggest accordingly.
DSG revive is popular within that budget in India itself. Look for Alpinestar SMX-2 on the online stores as well. A few months ago they were retailing just under 60$. Not sure whats the rate now but I heard they may discontinue soon.

Edit - Here comes Adi ;-)

Last edited by JVH : 15th November 2011 at 17:52.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 19:32   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
For your requirement the DSG Revive (costs Rs. 1900/-) fits perfectly. I have been using this for over 1.5 years and highly recommend it.

It has good quality leather all over (on the palm area and on the hand), air vents on fingers, carbon fiber/kevlar protection for knuckles and fingers so it will protect you very well and keep you cool in hot weather.
Thanks Aditya.

Last time when I was around here, you were suggesting the same gloves to someone else. I am pretty much sure I will end-up buying the revive only. Just wanted to know if I have any other options available or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

DSG revive is popular within that budget in India itself. Look for Alpinestar SMX-2 on the online stores as well. A few months ago they were retailing just under 60$. Not sure whats the rate now but I heard they may discontinue soon.
So, you are suggesting the revive as well. They are definitely worth it, it seems.

A* SMX-2 comes for 5.5k from DSG. And I am not that mad!

The only option I have in A* range are SMX gloves. They are priced at 3.5k through DSG. Though earlier they used to retail it for 2.5k only, if I remember correctly.

I could have added 500 bucks to my already stretched budget but then reviews about the SMX weren't so pleasing. Most of the guys were complaining about the poor quality and short life (5 to 6 months) of these gloves. That would be too expensive for my pocket to bear, considering the fact that my previous gloves were 'nakli' KTM from China for just 1.5k. Amazingly, they did last long (1.5 years).

Last edited by Shivank : 15th November 2011 at 19:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks