Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2024, 23:37   #5101
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

What do riders here use as a 'Dashcam' on their bikes? I am not looking to hardwire cameras on my bike. Something smaller that i can fix on the handle would do. Not looking for vlogging or making content. Just want to capture my perspective in case there is an untoward incident, similar to my car dashcam. Was looking at few options online like below. Plan is to spend as little as possible (don't have appetite for 25/30k action camera), have decent battery life , (optional) can be charged on the Go and records in 1080P 30/60 fps

1. Quobo: Cheapest one so far. Seems like it has good reviews. Can be fitted onto the handle or helmet (don't prefer). Descent battery also
2. SJCAM: Descent option in the mid market.
3. HINISO: Little fancier option with 5K recording.

Amazon seems to have lots of other options also but would love to know what riders are using here.
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 14:30   #5102
Senior - BHPian

Hello Bhpians, i am looking to buy a water proof jacket and pants. Last Kerala ride, all we were doing was putting on and removing the rain covers. It gets a bit annoying after a while.

Only issue is that, it should have decent air flow as well. Weather is mostly hot and humid here in TN , so ventilation is very important. One of my friend suggested the below RS Taichi jacket and pant. Also looking for something in lighter shade.

https://6kiom.com/product/rs-taichi-...-jacket-khaki/
https://6kiom.com/product/rs-taichi-...s-pants-khaki/

Another option i found from spidi.
https://www.reisemoto.com/collection...ts/4season-evo
https://www.reisemoto.com/collection...on-pants-short

Not looking to buy immediately, will check out all the available options and get the right gear this time, which is decently comfortable in all weathers.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 17:29   #5103
BHPian

Friends, looking to get an MX boot. Any brick & mortar store recommendations in Bangalore?

Don't want to drop 30k on a pair purely off online pictures and product page description!
Old 30th August 2024, 18:34   #5104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrish View Post
Friends, looking to get an MX boot. Any brick & mortar store recommendations in Bangalore?

Don't want to drop 30k on a pair purely off online pictures and product page description!
I picked up Leatt 3.5 in Mumbai for 19K. There is MXStore in Pune which houses good stock.

I understand while Motocentral has a store in Pune, they ship their boots from warehouse in Bangalore. You may want to check them.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 08:22   #5105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrish View Post

Orion motors in Koramangala, 6KIOM on Kasturba road, Fynx Moto Horamavu, Autonity JC road, Let’s Gear Up HSR layout.

These stores typically stock MX boots. Please call and check for options and size.

Smart move, in wanting to try out the boots offline before purchase.

I travelled for an hour and a half to Fynx Moto to pick up my Leatt 4.5, but it was worth the effort!
Old 4th September 2024, 09:16   #5106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushalswarup View Post
Orion motors in Koramangala, 6KIOM on Kasturba road, Fynx Moto Horamavu, Autonity JC road, Let’s Gear Up HSR layout.

These stores typically stock MX boots. Please call and check for options and size.

Smart move, in wanting to try out the boots offline before purchase.

I travelled for an hour and a half to Fynx Moto to pick up my Leatt 4.5, but it was worth the effort!
Thanks. I travelled to 6kiom and picked up a pair, couple of days ago. Generally, stock on EU 44/45 is low as they seem rather popular sizes.
Old 4th September 2024, 09:54   #5107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Hello Bhpians, i am looking to buy a water proof jacket and pants...

Not looking to buy immediately, will check out all the available options and get the right gear this time, which is decently comfortable in all weathers.
Hey. You could also check out the new range from REV'it & Royal Enfield. The Darcha Pro jacket I believe is waterproof.
https://store.royalenfield.com/en/re...8iZHTlJSpD0gRA

RE also has the Tso Kar waterproof pants. At around 10k I believe they are the cheapest waterproof pants.
https://store.royalenfield.com/en/al...-40-95cm-black

I have no idea of how good the products are. Haven't tried them out, neither do I have any real world reviews of them.

There is some older stock of Klim stuff here -
https://conceptkart.com/collections/klim
shyamg28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 11:42   #5108
BHPian

I have the RS Taichi drymaster pants. It's just about OK. One of the rides when the rain was quite heavy, I managed to get some water between my legs. I don't know if the water got through the seam or from top of the jacket. But then on few occasions when the rain was light, it did hold well. I also tried the Tso Kar, which seemed alright, but I couldn't find the right size. At 50 percent price of the Taichi, might be worth a try.

For a jacket, you might still be better off with a water-resistant jacket like RE's Nirvik combined with an external rain layer for heavy rain. In fact, I am finding the Nirvik itself very hot for warm days, comparing with the mesh one I had earlier. The only reason I prefer the Nirvik is, when I ride in the chilly hills, which I do very often, I mostly don't need a thermal layer.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 11:57   #5109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Hey. You could also check out the new range from REV'it & Royal Enfield. The Darcha Pro jacket I believe is waterproof.
https://store.royalenfield.com/en/re...8iZHTlJSpD0gRA

RE also has the Tso Kar waterproof pants. At around 10k I believe they are the cheapest waterproof pants.
https://store.royalenfield.com/en/al...-40-95cm-black

I dont think Darcha Pro can be called as a WP jacket. It has a rain liner included, just like most other jackets.
Also RE doesnt mention if the TsoKar pant is bundled with a rain liner on the website but could be water resistant since the mesh panel on the thighs can be closed.
neith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 17:16   #5110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Hello Bhpians, i am looking to buy a water proof jacket and pants. Last Kerala ride, all we were doing was putting on and removing the rain covers. It gets a bit annoying after a while.

Only issue is that, it should have decent air flow as well. Weather is mostly hot and humid here in TN , so ventilation is very important. One of my friend suggested the below RS Taichi jacket and pant. Also looking for something in lighter shade.
Recently on my Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai ride, I wore Rynox Stealth Air Pro jacket along with Storm Evo pants. They are a mesh jacket and you have to wear the liners on top. Since it was pouring heavily, I had to stop quite a number of times to put n the rain liners and then again stop to take them off. You cannot ride long with the liners when the sun is out / its not raining as it gets very buggy. While during ride I thought having a WP jacket would a boon, I later realised that their ventilation is not so great, so in non -rainy season, you will get cooked in them.

A RS Taichi or something is a good / secondary gear but it can never become your sole riding gear. My 2 cents!

P.S: The rain liner combo worked great for me. In heavy pours also, no water seepage inside.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 17:52   #5111
Senior - BHPian

I had picked up Falco Touring boots back in 2016 from Orion Motors in Bangalore that I used pretty extensively until 2018.

When I finally restarted biking in 2023, I re-started using the Falco boots as well, as they were still in pretty good shape. But considering the upgrade to a much heavier bike last year and also more off-road-oriented riding, I badly needed to upgrade my foot protection. Just picked this set up this week after a long deliberation period.

The Riding Gear thread-img_3932.jpg

These are the Alpinestars Tech 7 Drystar boots, that I picked up for around 330€.

Now I will need to break these in for them to be comfortable for slightly longer riding days. I will probably need to now pickup a touring replacement for the Falco, but that's probably a few months away. As for now I'm trying to pick up as much off-road gear I can pickup as possible.

Last edited by praful : 5th September 2024 at 17:53.
praful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 18:46   #5112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I have the RS Taichi drymaster pants. It's just about OK. One of the rides when the rain was quite heavy, I managed to get some water between my legs. I don't know if the water got through the seam or from top of the jacket. But then on few occasions when the rain was light, it did hold well. I also tried the Tso Kar, which seemed alright, but I couldn't find the right size. At 50 percent price of the Taichi, might be worth a try.

For a jacket, you might still be better off with a water-resistant jacket like RE's Nirvik combined with an external rain layer for heavy rain. In fact, I am finding the Nirvik itself very hot for warm days, comparing with the mesh one I had earlier. The only reason I prefer the Nirvik is, when I ride in the chilly hills, which I do very often, I mostly don't need a thermal layer.
Thank you, the current jacket and rain cover, i have is working well. There is no issue of water getting inside and as the jacket is made of full mesh material heat is also not an issue as long as you are moving, the issue is frequently putting on and removal of the rain cover. I don't want that hassle, if its at all possible with single jacket working well in both cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Recently on my Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai ride, I wore Rynox Stealth Air Pro jacket along with Storm Evo pants. They are a mesh jacket and you have to wear the liners on top. Since it was pouring heavily, I had to stop quite a number of times to put n the rain liners and then again stop to take them off. You cannot ride long with the liners when the sun is out / its not raining as it gets very buggy. While during ride I thought having a WP jacket would a boon, I later realised that their ventilation is not so great, so in non -rainy season, you will get cooked in them.

A RS Taichi or something is a good / secondary gear but it can never become your sole riding gear. My 2 cents!

P.S: The rain liner combo worked great for me. In heavy pours also, no water seepage inside.
Yes its impossible to ride with rain covers in southern India. One of my friends owns the RS Taichi and he swears by it, both air flow and rain protection is good. As last Kerala ride he was riding with us and didn't had to bother with rain covers.
Old 15th September 2024, 18:17   #5113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I was in Sg again last week and managed to visit some stores. While the idea was to buy a modular, I simply could not get a piece I liked. At the same time, I happened to set my eyes on an absolutely delightful Asia spec Shoei Z8 (NXR2 in EU and RF 1400 in US) full face lid.
While on the same trip, I also happened to come across these Klim Outlander GTX boots. I’ve loved these for a few years now and always wanted to get them at some point but could somehow never bring myself to cough up the retail price in India (usually close to ~35k or something).

They’re great boots to wear around in the city - proper protection, Goretex material and the Singapore price (about 400 SGD) was a bit more palatable (although still rich) than the ~34k or so that I've typically seen in India.

If you wear “regular fit” jeans and not the ones that taper aggressively at the base, it covers the locking mechanism so they just look like any other normal boots to wear around within the city for casual wear - doesn’t shout out that they’re riding boots.

https://www.klim.com/Outlander-GTX-B...26-001?cur=USD
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_1862.jpeg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_1861.jpeg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_1860.jpeg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th September 2024 at 18:20.
Axe77 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 15:13   #5114

Hello Guys,

Is riding gear cheaper in China? I am travelling to China in October and was thinking of buying riding boots + pants.

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th September 2024 at 15:27. Reason: Minor edit
Old 16th September 2024, 15:47   #5115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourer23 View Post
Hello Guys,

Is riding gear cheaper in China? I am travelling to China in October and was thinking of buying riding boots + pants.
Spoke to a friend who regularly visits China. This is what he had to say -
Quote:
If you know someone in China who will take the pains to go around and analyze a 100 shops and figure out genuine original products and then finally buy on discount...then sure.

Simple answer is, "nope, not at all. Thailand is easier and cheaper."
It's difficult to find products.
shyamg28 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks