Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 10:22   #481
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Dainese

Had a few questions regarding Dainese

Could you let me know where do you guys purchase Dainese gear from? I checked with newenough and ridersdiscount, both of them do not stock them. Amazon and ebay have very limited collection.

Currently I have a JR Atomic jacket and no pants yet. Planning to go for an all leather gear as I am not at all comfortable in the others.

Help appreciated. Thanks!
Old 31st December 2010, 12:00   #482
BHPian

Re: Dainese

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Had a few questions regarding Dainese

Could you let me know where do you guys purchase Dainese gear from? I checked with newenough and ridersdiscount, both of them do not stock them. Amazon and ebay have very limited collection.

Currently I have a JR Atomic jacket and no pants yet. Planning to go for an all leather gear as I am not at all comfortable in the others.

Help appreciated. Thanks!
Try revzilla.com or sportbiketrackgear.com

Both stock Dainese and ship international.

Ride safe.
Old 31st December 2010, 12:45   #483
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Try revzilla.com or sportbiketrackgear.com

Both stock Dainese and ship international.

Ride safe.
Thanks!

Do you have a first hand experience with the sites? Like in terms of delivery and exchanges? I've found newenough and ridersdiscount extremely comfortable and this would be the first time I'd be dealing with the ones you mentioned.
Old 31st December 2010, 13:10   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

Do you have a first hand experience with the sites? Like in terms of delivery and exchanges? I've found newenough and ridersdiscount extremely comfortable and this would be the first time I'd be dealing with the ones you mentioned.
I've never had to return/exchange any item from any online purchases yet. (Knock on wood)

Have bought from STG before, and they have really good selection and use USPS with tracking. No problems in my orders. I think some TBhpians had mentioned good things about them as well.

Suggested Revzilla because they have Dainese. Never bought from them.

Ride Safe.
Old 1st January 2011, 22:14   #485
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

@gthang - thanks!
I ordered through ebay UK site which had some attractive offers. Only the pants though.
Old 3rd January 2011, 18:36   #486
Senior - BHPian

Bought a balaclava from cramster. INR 250 including shipping. It was delivered to my doorstep on the 3rd day. Quick indeed. Also got INR 100 off as I had some e-bay points. But frankly, going by the cloth material and stuff it is not even worth Rs.150. Still, doesnt matter much because I really missed it on long rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Prateek - I'm not sure about the prices, but folks here in Chennai buy products of Scoyco riding gears which I heard are pretty good to do the job. But again, I'm not sure because I don't use them, but my friends who've experienced them & using them find it VFM.

Its a Chinese make yet its not cheap in terms of quality or to do the job. You may want to contact Raw Adventures - adventure in its purest form who deals/distributes them in India & find out the price.

I bought a pair of normal riding gloves from SCOYCO. Bought it cheap for just 300 bucks. Bought them because my DSG went missing and I did not had much cash with me then. The gloves are quite comfortable with good padding. Indeed VFM. Good part though is that I found my DSGs the next day.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 3rd January 2011 at 18:39.
Old 5th January 2011, 22:00   #487
BHPian

Where can I find Bungee cord in Pune or Mumbai to tie stuff on the back seat? How much do they cost?
Old 6th January 2011, 00:15   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
So, with a refreshed budget of 9k (max), I am planning to go for a riding jacket and a helmet. In the jackets, I am confused between the DSG Nero and the DSG Pheonix since both cost ~5.5k. Any pointers on which I should opt for?

Next, the helmet. I plan to buy an LS2 Phobia. Didn't enquire the price, but I guess it's ~3.5k. (Any reviews on LS2 here?) If it's a bit more expensive, then I guess I will have to settle for LS2 Dragon.

Third, which helmet shop should I go to? I would like to go some shop where I will get both the items. I stay in Thane if that matters, so is there anything nearby? I don't have problems commuting to town or Western Suburbs.
Hey Prateek pm me as to when you are planning to buy this stuff I also need to do some shopping I know few places were you can get all you need and at good price as well..
Old 6th January 2011, 09:19   #489
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Guys who have been to Orion Motors opp Forum Mall -

What brands do they stock?
Any good leather jackets available?

TIA!
Old 6th January 2011, 11:03   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys who have been to Orion Motors opp Forum Mall - What brands do they stock? Any good leather jackets available?
Orion has a decent stock of riding gear from Alpinestars and RJay's. Helmets are available from SparX, KBC, AXO etc.
Old 6th January 2011, 11:26   #491
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Aditya!

I'm looking for a leather jacket. I called them up and they have only one leather jacket - Alpine* Magnum retailing @ 17K. I checked on a few websites and the cost including shipping comes to around 11K. Don't know why they are charging so heavily. Besides I didn't like the design either.

My first choice is Dainese but the sizes are tricky because they are snug fit. Checked up with a few folks and they recommended trying before buying especially with Dainese.

Have any of you ordered leather jackets online? How was your experience with sizing?

Thanks again!
Old 6th January 2011, 11:35   #492
BHPian

^^ ORION MOTORS is also the authorized distributor for PERFORMANCE RACING STORE Stuff
Old 6th January 2011, 12:05   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aditya! I'm looking for a leather jacket. I called them up and they have only one leather jacket - Alpine* Magnum retailing @ 17K. I checked on a few websites and the cost including shipping comes to around 11K. Don't know why they are charging so heavily. Besides I didn't like the design either.

My first choice is Dainese but the sizes are tricky because they are snug fit. Checked up with a few folks and they recommended trying before buying especially with Dainese.
The difference in prices abroad and here are mainly due to taxes and duties. My SparX lid retails for less than 3k INR abroad but I paid 8.5k here. If you have someone coming down from the US then you can save on shipping and also get a super deal on closeouts etc.

Try the riding jackets/suits before you buy. If that is not possible refer to the sizing chart. Dainese offers superb fit and feel almost like second skin (says a good friend of mine).

To be safe, if you are OK with A*, go to Orion and try the jackets for size. Then you can order directly from the importer (PRS / DSG etc) in the design / range you are interested in. Hope this helps.
Old 6th January 2011, 15:55   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Where can I find Bungee cord in Pune or Mumbai to tie stuff on the back seat? How much do they cost?
You can order online as you are in Pune. I have bought 2 from same guys.

www.OutdoorTravelGear.com - Motor Biking, Camping, Hiking, Urban Cycling, Climbing, Water Sports, Lifestyle
Old 6th January 2011, 23:04   #495
BHPian

New Addtions

until someone gets it from me the blow is mine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks