Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 09:33   #406
Team-BHP Support

I always have a rain coat in my laptop bag. This rain coat is just a thin no insulation type that occupies very little space. Cost me less than 500 rupees.

Also I keep a spare T Shirt in office.
This way even if I do get wet when say I step out for lunch, I simply change in office.

Most important, there is a plastic bag as well.
So that I can wrap my laptop, wallet and cellphone. I don't trust the water proof feature of my laptop bag.

Most times my riding shoes are Army Surplus shoes or my Woodland all weather boots.

If its raining in the morning I generally use the car. If it starts raining at end of day, the rain coat helps.
Old 5th September 2010, 22:37   #407
BANNED

Hi Friends,

I just got myself a Yamaha FZ.

I'm looking forward to buy a Premium high quality Helmet and also some other accessories such as Gloves, Jacket etc.

Can you guys provide me a few address in Delhi where i can buy these ?

Thanks.
Old 5th September 2010, 22:43   #408
Senior - BHPian

Hi!

You can check out Karol Bagh for the helmet. Chawla or something, I forget the shop's name, has a good collection.

Riding gear can be picked up from Cramsters at Satya Niketan (close to Dhaula Kuan).

Congrats on your purchase!
Old 6th September 2010, 07:56   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I always have a rain coat in my laptop bag. This rain coat is just a thin no insulation type that occupies very little space. Cost me less than 500 rupees.
The problem with that stuff is you end up getting partially wet which apart from looking funny, is pretty uncomfortable too.

Is there any good brand of raingear that one can use for everyday commuting? I did see some jackets in reebok, adidas which were like between 2-3K, not sure how effective these are in rains and yes, its only the jacket, they dont come as in a full set with waterproof trousers
Old 8th September 2010, 01:15   #410
BHPian

Scoyco Riding Jackets

Dear fellow BHPians,

I came across this brand Scoyco and I looked at few of the riding jackets they have. They look impressive in the pictures and not too expensive as well. The thing is, I am in Bangalore and they dont have any stores in Bangalore and I do not want to order online as I have not seen the product and also not sure about what size would fit me well. Is there anyone here who is using these jackets? If so, please provide your reviews.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th September 2010, 18:07   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
The problem with that stuff is you end up getting partially wet which apart from looking funny, is pretty uncomfortable too.

Is there any good brand of raingear that one can use for everyday commuting? I did see some jackets in reebok, adidas which were like between 2-3K, not sure how effective these are in rains and yes, its only the jacket, they dont come as in a full set with waterproof trousers
I ride to work everyday and always carry a rain gear set and its exactly like what you want. A waterproof jacket and a waterproof trousers. I first had a low cost set which was not very effective. Later on picked up another pair for 500 bucks which is worth the money. The jacket is quite long and covers below the waist area. The pant is also quite good. Unless its pouring cats and dogs, your clothes inside will not get wet.

I picked it up from a western outfit store here in B'lore
Old 8th September 2010, 18:36   #412
BHPian

There is one Jacket in Scoyco which they claim as water proof, but i have never used it. Just waiting for reviews for people who have used it.
Old 10th September 2010, 19:41   #413
BHPian

I had recently posted that I bought a pair of Cramster Twister Gloves. I felt little uncomfortable for city rides. Recently did a long ride and my fingers started paining and I had to do the return journey taking them off. The size is perfect for me. Is it normal that the fingers pain initially till we get used to it. If anyone is using a similar set of gloves, please post your comments.
Old 13th September 2010, 22:55   #414
BHPian

Got this LS2 from AA Helmets in D N Nagar Andheri West for Rs 3500/- with extra clear visor.
Also got a Joe Rocket fully armored jacket from Cycle Gear (USA) and a pair of Alpinestar gloves
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMG_0582.JPG.zip (1.43 MB, 188 views)
Old 13th September 2010, 23:33   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
I ride to work everyday and always carry a rain gear set and its exactly like what you want. A waterproof jacket and a waterproof trousers. ............................I picked it up from a western outfit store here in B'lore
Thanks Abhinav, you are right. That is what I want. I should once take time out to check out the shops here in Hyderabad.
Old 14th September 2010, 12:15   #416
Senior - BHPian

For best rain gear, buy Duckback. I bought one 3 years ago, and its still going strong. Best waterproofing I have seen in jackets and pants. They cost about 600-700, but last long.
Old 16th September 2010, 12:24   #417
Senior - BHPian

How to keep the helmet visor from fogging?

There is some flyover construction going on near my office and hence lots of dust. So I have resorted to tying a bandana to cover my nose and mouth. But, this is resulting in the helmet visor getting fogged. Any pointers to solve this issue?
Old 16th September 2010, 12:53   #418
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
There is some flyover construction going on near my office and hence lots of dust. So I have resorted to tying a bandana to cover my nose and mouth. But, this is resulting in the helmet visor getting fogged. Any pointers to solve this issue?
Lifting the visor by a mm or two should do the trick.
a mm or two won't infiltrate the particles much too.
Old 21st September 2010, 11:28   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
If you have access to shaving gel, spread some evenly on the inside of your visor and wipe it off. It forms a thin layer which prevents fogging. I do it on my bathroom mirror to prevent fogging during a bath! Effective for a couple weeks atleast.
Old 14th October 2010, 18:40   #420
Senior - BHPian

Anku's new lid. The Arai Quantum/RX-Q .
Attached Thumbnails
The Riding Gear thread-img_0824.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_0825.jpg  

The Riding Gear thread-img_0826.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks