Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2017, 16:51   #3091
BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
To use the gloves during Chennai rains. Have the basic Vega gloves which is good but unable to wear it during rains.

Chennai rains may have made news this year. But I dont think its going to be consistent every year . I would suggest you to invest in a full gauntlet perforated leather gloves and during rains, use silicon gloves like this over the leather gloves.

What I feel is, these water proof gloves are a pain to use in summer days.
Vignesh_N/A is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 09:58   #3092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
What I feel is, these water proof gloves are a pain to use in summer days.
Are there no all weather compatible gloves?
Old 8th November 2017, 11:57   #3093
BHPian

Quote:

Yes. GoreTex. That material is generally used by most companies in their gloves which are breathable and waterproof as well. Mostly used in the touring gloves.

More on this https://www.gore-tex.com/
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 21:35   #3094
BHPian

Quote:
I have a pair of Oxford RP2 waterproof leather gloves. It has an internal liner and kevlar liner as well, and is otherwise a race/sport full gauntlet. Due to sporadic rains, I couldn't test them to full satisfaction but they did keep my hands dry in a thundershower. No idea about how they'll fare in summer months, as such I don't have much trouble with sweaty palms so leather gloves work for me fine.

Spartan Pro Gear has a waterproof gauntlet glove called Poseidon, but it's mainly textile with leather on the palm side. Waterproof it sure is, but skimps on protection IMO, since the textile doesn't seem to be as abrasion resistant as the nylon/cordura used in textile jackets. It has a warm lining inside too, so not great for summer.

If you want the breathability and ventilation for summer yet waterproof gloves, you'll have to stretch that budget and they're mostly textile. Look up for Klim and Alpinestars Drystar gloves, probably your best bet.

And now asking for help myself - where can I source TCX RS2 toe sliders from? It's out of stock in Revzilla , SportTrackGear and not listed on most of the well known gear sites.
Ricci is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 08:42   #3095
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
I have a pair of Oxford RP2 waterproof leather gloves. It has an internal liner and kevlar liner as well, and is otherwise a race/sport full gauntlet.
How are Oxford gears? I find them to be VFM plus their jackets have inbuilt back protector whereas Rev'it or IXON etc don't have the back protector as inbuilt and you have to pay extra and these cost at least twice as to what the Oxford costs.

I think I will have to buy a gloves soon, I just might come to Pune within a month and I pray to God that I don't see other stuff apart from gloves

Very few riding gear shops stock decent/good brands. Alpinestars in stocked by few but its popularity also implies that there may be few counterfeit stuff available.
Old 9th November 2017, 09:00   #3096
Senior - BHPian

I found Rev'it to be of much superior quality than Oxford. I have Oxford gloves Rp3. Not that great. I have a Rev'it mesh jacket. The tornado 2. That's a great quality jacket. Not comparing jacket to gloves but the build quality, stitching and overall fit is simply amazing. Even above alpinestars.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 09:10   #3097
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I found Rev'it to be of much superior quality than Oxford. Not comparing jacket to gloves but the build quality, stitching and overall fit is simply amazing. Even above alpinestars.
You get what you pay for, seems it is true. Thanks for your inputs

Any experience with Dainese?
Old 9th November 2017, 10:36   #3098
Distinguished - BHPian

Dainese and revit are neck and neck. Dainese styling is really good if you are a street, naked, supersport rider. Their adv styles are terrible. Revit scores there, while their street wear is quite... Boringly dutch.

I have a dainese street jacket, and revit gloves. Both are really good, even steven. Cant go wrong with either for sure.

Neither of them match up to klim in my books. They are still the gold standard.

Last edited by Red Liner : 9th November 2017 at 10:39.
Old 9th November 2017, 13:23   #3099
Senior - BHPian

Quite a few people use dainese in our group. The thing with dainese is that the cheap dainese upto 25k is of rubbish quality. The Rev'it of 25k is nearly as good as a dainese textile of 35 to 40k. But above that dainese is a quality comparable to none.
The 11-17k dainese mesh is so bad that even Joe rocket feels a better buy.

You can check out Klim as mentioned above at bigbadbikes. But their prices are really skewed. I find highnoteperformance to be on par with international prices plus shipping.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 9th November 2017 at 13:25.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 13:29   #3100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Yes. GoreTex.
More on this https://www.gore-tex.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Spartan Pro Gear has a waterproof gauntlet glove called Poseidon, but it's mainly textile with leather on the palm side. Waterproof it sure is, but skimps on protection IMO, since the textile doesn't seem to be as abrasion resistant as the nylon/cordura used in textile jackets. It has a warm lining inside too, so not great for summer.

If you want the breathability and ventilation for summer yet waterproof gloves, you'll have to stretch that budget and they're mostly textile. Look up for Klim and Alpinestars Drystar gloves, probably your best bet.
Planning a visit to BBG and Spartan and hence will look for GoreTex, Alpinestars and Klim.
Old 9th November 2017, 13:53   #3101
BHPian

Quote:
Planning a visit to BBG and Spartan and hence will look for GoreTex, Alpinestars and Klim.
Spartan @Thousand Lights did have a waterproof glove but not much protection.

Unless you are close to Korattur, you can check out BBG range at Rainbow as well, they are the authorised dealer for BBG. Not very impressive though, since the cost differential is not too high with the other brands.

They also had a lot of Dainese gear , by their own admission not the authentic ones.
Old 9th November 2017, 16:25   #3102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any clothing that you can wear all year round? Do you not have woolens for winters, cotton for summers and maybe a rain jacket + pants for the rainy season?

There is no such thing as all weather gear / clothing; motorcycles or otherwise
Old 10th November 2017, 10:57   #3103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Unless you are close to Korattur, you can check out BBG range at Rainbow as well, they are the authorised dealer for BBG.
I stay near Korattur and hence can pay a direct visit to BBG to check on their collections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Is there any clothing that you can wear all year round? Do you not have woolens for winters, cotton for summers and maybe a rain jacket + pants for the rainy season?
Agree to get couple of gloves one for each season namely rain and summer.
Old 11th November 2017, 17:16   #3104
Senior - BHPian

Dainese is running their end-of-year sale which has some nice discounts on jackets.

Super Speed Tex - 29k @ 30% off - ~20K
Hydra Flux D-Dry - 23k @ 40% off - 13.8K
Air Flux D1 - 17k @ 50% off - 8.5K

Back Protector - 6k @ 30% off - 4.2K

Some nice 40%-50% deals on shoes as well - unfortunately they didnt have any in my size 44.

AGV helmets at 10%-20% off as well.

I bought the Hydra Flux D-Dry with Back protector for 18k.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2017, 20:17   #3105
BHPian

Hi friends,

purchased some more stuff !

thanks for your inputs for Gloves. Saw few stores but didn't get my liking stuff. For now, I just picked Rynox Shield Pro from AH Helmets store (Andheri W) for Rs.2450.

Also picked Scoyco MC12W Pink gloves for daughter/wife for Rs.900. They look quite basic (not sure if they are original), and I believe should be good as starter gloves for pillion. Just for pic reference, look at this listing.

From AH store itself, purchased Quipco Dune bandana tube (India map camo print) for Rs.500.

The other day I purchased Quipco Hi-Viz suspenders (fluro green) from Babloo Motors, Vashi for Rs.600, the store guy was a nice person.

PS: this happens to be my 500th post on Team-BHP, hurray.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed