Old 18th September 2017, 08:48   #3061
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Hello Riders,
Just to update you on a closeout deal at Bachoo Motors, Mumbai

http://www.bachoomotors.com/index.ph...duct&id_lang=1

At 3k it's total VFM for daily riding shoes!
I passed on the message to a fellow rider and he picked one. Since size 42 wasn't available, he picked 43 and still it fits well which means the size could be little smaller than the benchmark.

He did mention that the grip is not really good for off-roaders (He uses Himalayan). But certainly a worthy investment for daily use.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:47   #3062
Team-BHP Support

It is just an ankle length shoe made to appear like a riding boot. No protection anywhere, just the foam/leather to cover you up.

The Riding Gear thread-whatsapp-image-20170920-20.28.09.jpeg

Next time, it will be either be Alpinestars or Sidi.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 19:31   #3063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
It is just an ankle length shoe made to appear like a riding boot. No protection anywhere, just the foam/leather to cover you up.
+1

However, my believe is any good shoe is better than no shoe

Instead of spending 3K on them, I would any-day buy something from this range

http://www.orazosafety.com/
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 11:01   #3064
Team-BHP Support

Any good riding gear shops near Navi Mumbai? My biker buddy is there and need a helmet from there.
Old 27th September 2017, 10:30   #3065
Senior - BHPian

Finally my brand new pair of Sidi Fusion boots arrived (a week ago) which I ordered from Revzilla.

I got them shipped to my in-laws who were in the USA and they carried it down for me. Cost me ~ USD 200 for the boots and they fit well.

I ordered the same size as my Sidi Vertigo's (43) and initial feel is that the boot is slightly stiffer than the vertigo's, but with time, they will break in nicely.

Here is a pic. I also ordered the Sena Prism Tube helmet camera which is yet to be unpacked.

The Riding Gear thread-img_20170917_132155_018.jpg
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:21   #3066
Team-BHP Support

Need to get rain gear and a reflective coverall/overall to be worn over riding jacket. Any leads online?

Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:10   #3067
Senior - BHPian

Planning to get Dianese TRQ Tour Gore-tex boots from the store in Orion mall, Bangalore. Price is Rs. 25000 and the reviews online are very good. I will be using them for day rides around Bangalore. Any reviews or suggestions are welcome. Thanks

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...gore-tex-boots
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:12   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Need to get rain gear and a reflective coverall/overall to be worn over riding jacket. Any leads online?

Thanks
Have a look at this link

http://www.versalis.co/
Vignesh_N/A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:29   #3069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
I use the two-piece rain jacket and rain pants from decathlon and they are excellent in keeping the rider dry even in pouring rain.

Very reasonable in terms of pricing too. I bought the largest size available and wear it over my riding jacket and riding pants.

I need to buy a high visibility reflective vest though since all my gear is black.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 12:12   #3070
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I use the two-piece rain jacket and rain pants from decathlon and they are excellent in keeping the rider dry even in pouring rain.

Very reasonable in terms of pricing too. I bought the largest size available and wear it over my riding jacket and riding pants.

I need to buy a high visibility reflective vest though since all my gear is black.
+1, till now i have found Decathlon ones as best. Guess you can buy them online too from their website.

Also, one of my friend is using the below one for rides, which is very light weight and quite good, but you need to get it shipped. You can check out.

https://www.froggtoggs.com/mens/all-...ultra-lite2tm/

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 15:39   #3071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Does the external rain jacket not form steam inside? making it feel real humid and uncomfortable?
Old 4th October 2017, 16:37   #3072
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Does the external rain jacket not form steam inside? making it feel real humid and uncomfortable?
When it is raining it is fine, but yes if you wear it otherwise it does get little "steamy" inside. Again manageable while on the move but traffic it does become tad uncomfortable. But compared to the rain protection it gives and ease of putting on, these are minor inconvenience. Have been using it for a while and totally recommend it for effective rain protection.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 16:42   #3073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
When it is raining it is fine, but yes if you wear it otherwise it does get little "steamy" inside. Again manageable while on the move but traffic it does become tad uncomfortable. But compared to the rain protection it gives and ease of putting on, these are minor inconvenience. Have been using it for a while and totally recommend it for effective rain protection.
Wet on the outside , dry on the inside - i thought it would get steamy nevertheless as the air passage is quite restricted.
Totally agree on the ease of putting on.

Secondly, if the size isn't right, forms a flapping balloon behind.

On one of our rides couple of folks had worn those ext rain liner from Decathlon, the flapping kinda shredded them.

All these to show solidarity with the inner rain liners with breathable membranes (Goretex)

I am using the Rev'It Tornado 2 which comes with a warm/wet liner and is called "Skin Re-engineering" <grin>
Old 4th October 2017, 17:00   #3074
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All these to show solidarity with the inner rain liners with breathable membranes (Goretex)
====
Well you need to find the right size that fits over your riding gear, and in rains i generally ride slow so no major issue there. Regarding rain liners, they are equally steamy and more cumbersome. So have kept them away for now.

Again most important factor is cost, this is totally non comparable product at the price it is available.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 18:50   #3075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Secondly, if the size isn't right, forms a flapping balloon behind.

On one of our rides couple of folks had worn those ext rain liner from Decathlon, the flapping kinda shredded them.
Well, I don't know if these flap in the wind. I have the largest size, bought intentionally this way, to allow for wearing over the riding jacket and riding pants. Didn't experience any discomfort since speeds were anyway low in the rain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks