Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 10:47   #2611
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Coming back to the topic at hand, I decided to pay a visit to the nearby OTG store and I've noticed that the quality of Indian branded gear has suddenly dropped. Spartan, Rynox and Cramster all seemed to have gone down the crap road. I used both Cramster and DSG branded gear in the past and was very very happy with their gear.

Anyone with inside dope on what happened? Merely cost cutting or make in India or just general sloppiness?
To my knowledge, most of the gear sold by Indian companies is manufactured in Pakistan. Ive too have recently heard of several complaints on the quality front with Indian brands. There are many Bangalore based bikers who have had to frequent a popular store here to return their new jackets to get them fixed. Apparently the suppliers from Pakistan send excellent quality stuff for the first several batches and then slowly resort to cost cutting which results in inferior products (that already have a proven track record).

Rectifying this will involve travel to the supplier's plant and implementing stricter quality control measures all of which cost money and take time. Hence it is easier for an Indian brand to replace a quickly worn out product with a new one and then sort it out with the supplier themselves over the next shipments. Indian brands are hence left with two alternatives - increase prices to ensure same quality or keep prices same and deal with increasing customer complaints.

I see the Indian market slowly moving towards the international brands who also incidentally source their products from Pakistan but implement very stringent QC which partially reflects in their higher prices. Of course, all this is hearsay and I have not a shred of evidence to prove any of this
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:15   #2612

Looking to buy my first ever riding jacket which can be used in all seasons for touring as well as in the city for long rides. Please suggest ones that come with Rain Liners as well as Thermal Liners. Maxed out budget is Rs 6500/-.

Please help me fellow bhpians. I don't know much about this but from the little research I could do online I shortlisted 2 options:

Zeus All Terrain Riding Jacket V4.0 (Rs 6450/- after the current festive discount)

Cramster Breezer 4s (Rs 6450/-)

If there are any other options I should be considering please feel free to suggest.
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:36   #2613
Team-BHP Support

Came here looking for help.

I have a Joe Rocket riding pant and a riding jacket. Wasn't actively riding much, hence they were stored.

The jacket's protective parts degenerated a bit and loose particles spoil the T-Shirt and my body part once worn. It is sticky/gooey.

Will hanging it out in sun help?

Mine is a Joe Rocket touring jacket.
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:22   #2614
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't think it would.

If its become brittle and breaking away into small powder/globules, then its not going to be doing much in the way of protection if and when needed.

You might have to replace the armor.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:29   #2615
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I don't think it would.

If its become brittle and breaking away into small powder/globules, then its not going to be doing much in the way of protection if and when needed.

No Doc. It hasn't become brittle, but the opposite, has become soft.

And I do not think armor is replaceable as it is spread all across the jacket at crucial parts. The rear armor is ok. The hand ones have this issue.
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:48   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Which are the best Knee Guards (outerwear) available online? Any reviews of the Cramster Drifter or Bionic Knee Guards?
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:54   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Which are the best Knee Guards (outerwear) available online? Any reviews of the Cramster Drifter or Bionic Knee Guards?
Doc,
I have been using Dainese - They don't have any metallic protection at knees (full rubber / plastic) - But they have been pretty comfortable. I'll put up the pic when I go home.

Sorry: Missed your online part of the question
Old 2nd November 2015, 14:38   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Came here looking for help.

I have a Joe Rocket riding pant and a riding jacket. Wasn't actively riding much, hence they were stored.

The jacket's protective parts degenerated a bit and loose particles spoil the T-Shirt and my body part once worn. It is sticky/gooey.

Mine is a Joe Rocket touring jacket.
I would have thought that the armors are replaceable on Joe Rocket - they are on mine. But, in the older models, they may not be. Best is to figure out how to remove them and get replacement ones. Alternatively, you could wear elbow guards and shoulder pads under the jacket.

You can contact Joe Rocket online help or something. They might respond with alternatives.

Or, get a new jacket and give the old one away to someone under privileged for diwali?
nitrogary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:10   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The Dainese V E1 N Knee Guards are good and offer knee and shin protection as well. Costed Rs.5499 at the Dainese Store Bangalore. One size fits all. Check reviews in RevZilla and if you are satisfied contact the Dainese folks by phone/mail or through their FB page to ship them.
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:40   #2620
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yup, have to get replacement armors. Where do I get them? Have contacted Performance Racing Store [I had got the jacket from 'em]

No one going to bring it from abroad for me. Anything online? Or any store which stocks them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogary View Post
I would have thought that the armors are replaceable on Joe Rocket - they are on mine.
The new one costs Rs. 20,000 and my jacket is as good as new save for this armor issue.
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:02   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
There are many Bangalore based bikers who have had to frequent a popular store here to return their new jackets to get them fixed.
Could you please reveal the store and the brand name? That would be helpful to many here
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:41   #2622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, have to get replacement armors. Where do I get them? Have contacted Performance Racing Store [I had got the jacket from 'em]

No one going to bring it from abroad for me. Anything online? Or any store which stocks them?
I don't know anyone who sells armor separately.

The Spartan guys in fact refuse to upgrade to Knox unless you show them a receipt of the jacket purchase from them.
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:46   #2623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't know anyone who sells armor separately.

The Spartan guys in fact refuse to upgrade to Knox unless you show them a receipt of the jacket purchase from them.
I am glad I got my stuff from guys who are bikers. No questions asked when I e-mailed my query, they have the pads in stock & will send it by courier once I transfer them money.

I have asked them to verify if the pads would fit my Joe Rockets. Once satisfied will place an order.

Had to buy tires & this expense would have been below the belt [if I had to buy a new jacket].
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:00   #2624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am glad I got my stuff from guys who are bikers. No questions asked when I e-mailed my query, they have the pads in stock & will send it by courier once I transfer them money.

I have asked them to verify if the pads would fit my Joe Rockets. Once satisfied will place an order.

Had to buy tires & this expense would have been below the belt [if I had to buy a new jacket].
Very neat.

Any details?

P.S. Spartan also started off with the USP of being by bikers for bikers.
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:03   #2625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Very neat.

Any details?
Details as in? Shop? I got it from PRS, Tardeo, Bombay.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks