Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2020, 21:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover

I have always loved Bengaluru Police for being proactive. As posted above, one bad biker spoils the entire community unfortunately.
Hope his bike gets confiscated for some days at-least, nothing makes people nervous than seeing their beloved vehicle getting towed away to some shady parking compound. If the after market exhaust is found illegal, they are going to ask him to remove it, even destroy it.

Instagram is full of such videos where people are seen driving their cars at insane speeds, hope police all over India take notice of such cases. There is a lot of money the police can make too (legally) !
NiInJa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 21:34   #17
BHPian

When a friend of mine shared the video to me, I realised it was a top speed video. But 300 kmph! On a public road! And a flyover!
There was a time he overtook a car from the right at 290 kmph, imagine a slightest human error!
All this could be achieved legally by visiting a race track, at least others’ lives are not at stake there.

I also wish vloggers do not do top speed runs on public roads & set a bad example to others.
I had an opportunity to question a YouTuber from Hyderabad (He usually does walkthroughs of motorcycles & cars. He also posts a drive or ride review with a top speed run, braking test for bikes) while his video was being premiered & he was live interacting with his viewers.
“Why do top speed runs when it’s obviously dangerous on Indian roads & also illegal?”
His reply was:
“Video is shot on abandoned road with almost zero traffic & also friends coordinating, so very safe environment & road is closed on both sides”

I can see traffic in his top speed runs (230 kmph on a ZX-10RR) & it wasn’t obviously an abandoned road. Imagine a beautiful road laid by the government and left abandoned.
I hope common sense prevails, as these said YouTubers being influential personalities follow road rules, at least on camera. A lot of youngsters look up to these personalities, hope they do not follow a similar path, seeking thrill.

P.S. I believe everyone is responsible for their own actions & am not blaming others for one’s mistakes.

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 21:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The EC flyover has joints every few metres. Was biker really doing 300? The speedo goes from 100 to 200 in matter of 4 seconds? Is it possible on street roads?
Although there could be some speedo error but Yamaha R1 can definitely do sub 4 sec 100-200 kmph. And mind you the 299kmph is electronically limited. In unrestricted form it can cross 300 kmph.
JediKnight is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 22:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

This guy deserves a special place in hell. Such guys have serious dough to buy high performance machines - wonder why they can't rent tracks/drag strips to satisfy their need for speed?

The normal cop who can't differentiate between an R3 and an R1 will assume everyone with a high capacity motorcycle are willful speeders.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 23:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Over the years I have come across many like him that bring a seriously bad name to the entire riding community.

He has lived to tell his tale this time. But he is riding faster than his guardian angel.
bigron is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 23:28   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Hope his bike gets confiscated for some days at-least, nothing makes people nervous than seeing their beloved vehicle getting towed away to some shady parking compound. :
In this particular case though, it was a cop who got some "me time" with the blue beast

Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover-screenshot_20200721232610.jpg
AtheK is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 23:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
one incident in Italy where a lady got a speeding ticket for doing 730kmph in a Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
But can Ford Focus do 730kmph I guess you meant 330kmph, No?
That was because of a faulty speedy camera, that poor woman had to pay fine. More details in the link below.

https://www.motor1.com/news/432988/f...ght-doing-437/
TorqueSteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 00:27   #23
BANNED

Got this via a Biking Group, have hidden personal specifics.

Bengaluru Superbike Rider arrested for doing 300 km/h on flyover-sbk.jpeg

Brought to mind what the Street Rossi's from the North East had to say in one concocted interview(its on YT), which went something like:

"We don't have race tracks, so we race on the streets"

The conviction with which the guy said it shocked me even more than seeing them constantly clocking around 300kmph on public roads in their other videos.

I just pray I not get the misfortune of sharing the road with these "Class" of "Bikers and Racers".

Merely riding a motorcycle makes one a motorcyclist, being a Biker is a lifestyle choice. Unfortunately the world doesn't seem to see or care about the difference and after a while the hobbyists would loose interest, pick another hobby and move on whereas the Bikers are left to deal with the brunt of all transgressions.

Ride Safe,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 22nd July 2020 at 00:32.
ashwinprakas is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 00:57   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post

Attachment 2032996
Look at this absolute gem of a person. Not only does he encourage high speed riding but I just checked the comment section of this post only to see more people agreeing to the things the person said.

And his profile bio says that he is an atheist. And in the post he does say 'Feel like God'

So by his logic once you own an Inline-4 or a V4, you have all the right to flip the bird to cops, people using the roads, other vehicle owners, endanger everyone because superbike owners have a class and by their standards all superbike owners pin the throttle above 10000 rpm.

I saw this post throughout a story of a superbike owner biker on Instagram. Checked this on Facebook. Mindblown.

Add to that it, the Bengaluru based biker has been featured in many of his riding mates videos on YouTube. Apparently he has a Stage 2 flashed ECU and has made changes to its sprocket to achieve higher speeds. In one particular video, he can be seen overtaking a ZX-10RR which has already topped out. All of his riding mates Instagram accounts have been either removed all their content or their account has been privatised. Same case with YouTube. His frequent riding partners have their own YouTube channels and I just searched for the videos only to find that some of those channels have been deactivated and their contents removed.

Last edited by Aakash : 22nd July 2020 at 01:26.
Aakash is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 00:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why hide his specifics, he has posted that in a public forum, we should make him popular.

It's guys like these who make it impossible for us to ride peacefully as well.

Last edited by AtheK : 22nd July 2020 at 01:08.
AtheK is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 01:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Merely riding a motorcycle makes one a motorcyclist, being a Biker is a lifestyle choice. Unfortunately the world doesn't seem to see or care about the difference and after a while the hobbyists would loose interest, pick another hobby and move on whereas the Bikers are left to deal with the brunt of all transgressions.
For people with regular jobs who own a motorcycle, is it really a lifestyle? I see cousins who are business owners, architects, doctors with 10k miles in 3 years call themselves bikers, and also introduce me as a "biker". I have no idea as to what other baggage comes along with that name tag. Most of the time, I say no -I own a motorcycle and I like to ride it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I sometimes feel, people want another identity. Something other than what they are normally associated with. An alternate identity, that is slightly bigger. And people portray this big biker identity.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 03:26   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
For people with regular jobs who own a motorcycle, is it really a lifestyle?
Why not?

When I say lifestyle choice I do not mean that I'd turn antisocial, wear a leather blouse and be a full-time member of the Hell's Angels(Nothing wrong with that, to each his own).

Instead I mean that my preferred choice of road transport is unconditionally and unquestionably a motorcycle, irrespective of whether I go grocery shopping or cross country touring, irrespective of whether its pouring or blazing.

It is just like choosing a religion or anything of the sort that requires unassailable passion.

Quote:
I see cousins who are business owners, architects, doctors with 10k miles in 3 years call themselves bikers, and also introduce me as a "biker". I have no idea as to what other baggage comes along with that name tag. Most of the time, I say no -I own a motorcycle and I like to ride it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I sometimes feel, people want another identity. Something other than what they are normally associated with. An alternate identity, that is slightly bigger. And people portray this big biker identity.
I think the presumed grandeur that is associated with the 'Biker tag' is dependent on several factors(geography, age, expendable income, choice of motorcycle etc.) cause I have and still do live the lifestyle as mentioned earlier yet I've been commonly regarded to be either juvenile or outright crazy.

A personal example: Once my family was introducing me to another and the moment my mother mentioned that I'm a "Biker"(she thought that would appeal to the ladies, can't blame her as she's a teacher by profession who has grown accustomed to the interests of adolescent children), but no sooner she finished the sentence, I could literally see the other party cringe.

There have been several similar instances when I'm amongst a new crowd and someone introduces me as a "Biker" and then I'd have to explain that I do not ride a Royal Enfield nor a superbike, nor do I go for "bike races(really ?)" and what not.

Then again there are certain "Class of Bikers" that do appreciate the "big biker identity" the kind that are from the example I shared before, but as everyone is aware of now, that comes at the cost of personal safety and honestly self respect.

So yeah, I am with you when it comes to socially distancing myself from labels, especially when amidst shallow company, so I simply say - I ride a motorcycle, because its cheap!

Has worked every single time! Plus if you're lucky you get unsolicited but useful financial advice.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 22nd July 2020 at 03:52.
ashwinprakas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 05:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got this via a Biking Group, have hidden personal specifics
No need to hide them. Team BHP is the perfect community for you to name and shame them such idiots. Such people should just get their thrills on tracks and dragstrips and not on public roads.

Just shows you that there is no correlation between wealth and common sense.
Quote:
I just pray I not get the misfortune of sharing the road with these "Class" of "Bikers and Racers".
Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
For people with regular jobs who own a motorcycle, is it really a lifestyle? .....
I don't see anything out of the ordinary with nametags. You can work and enjoy riding your harley at 70 miles an hour on the freeway. You can enjoy redlining your R1 in a racetrack.

The problem is with Indian society in which people are stigmatized due to the actions of a very few. Also, wealth is still frowned upon due to deep economic divide in our country.
landcruiser123 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 09:18   #29
BHPian

This is what happens when you forget to add "filmed in Mexico" to your hooligan videos

Doing these kinds of speeds is suicidal on Indian roads, we desperately need more racetracks over here.

Last edited by Revmatch99 : 22nd July 2020 at 09:19.
Revmatch99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 09:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revmatch99 View Post
Doing these kinds of speeds is suicidal on Indian roads, we desperately need more racetracks over here.
These guys don't like to do things on a racetrack where no is watching them. Why pay to be in a racetrack with all safety hassles when the open road beckons?. Half of the kick for these fellows seem to come from uploading their exploits in Youtube and cornering a million likes. These guys come in various shades, some do 300Kmph on a Yam R1, some do Wheelie on a RX100 (with pillion) and others do stunts on Honda Dio. Its the live performance to an unprepared audience that counts.
srini1785 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks