Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2024, 15:31   #4126
BHPian

Re: Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
It looks like MT has updated the Hummer line to ECE22.06 in India

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6v2z9It8D4/
The updated helmets don't seem to be available even after a month of launch. Not sure how long would it take to be available in Powersports.
Old 5th July 2024, 15:34   #4127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
The updated helmets don't seem to be available even after a month of launch. Not sure how long would it take to be available in Powersports.
https://powersports.in/products/mt-h...orcycle-helmet

It seems to be EC22.06 certified on the product page.

Last edited by b16h22 : 5th July 2024 at 15:35.
b16h22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 14:53   #4128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Picked up a new helmet purely out of curiosity. The Nexx helmet might not have the same pedigree as some of the big names in the game, but it's no slouch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
I picked up a Nexx G200
Is there an official dealer for Nexx in India? I want to pick up the WED2 or WED3 ADV helmet. I saw one at a shop for 29K but I'm not too sure if it's genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
After 3 years of use, I retired my trusted helmet today,
Can you tell me where you picked up the helmet wall mounts from?
Old 16th July 2024, 15:05   #4129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Is there an official dealer for Nexx in India? I want to pick up the WED2 or WED3 ADV helmet. I saw one at a shop for 29K but I'm not too sure if it's genuine.
I don't think apart from LS2 and MT any other non-Indian brand is available in India because of the ISI certification. Some dealers might be importing a few helmets but will sell you at a huge markup (including customs duty). X Wed3 sells for 699 euros. Even the xwed2 sells for roughly 25k on FC Moto, adding 42% customs and shipping charges will push the rates to around 42k so highly doubt someone will sell them for 29k unless it is a used one.
Old 16th July 2024, 17:41   #4130
Senior - BHPian

I'm afraid there is no dealer for India
Quote:
Is there an official dealer for Nexx in India
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 19:53   #4131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
I don't think apart from LS2 and MT any other non-Indian brand is available in India because of the ISI certification. Some dealers might be importing a few helmets but will sell you at a huge markup (including customs duty). X Wed3 sells for 699 euros. Even the xwed2 sells for roughly 25k on FC Moto, adding 42% customs and shipping charges will push the rates to around 42k so highly doubt someone will sell them for 29k unless it is a used one.
That's why I asked. The helmet was definitely new. The helmet had a sticker of an importer from Gurgaon and MRP was marked as 39999. The price he was selling for got me suspicious as the shopkeeper is known to be very rigid on prices.
Old 17th July 2024, 01:32   #4132
BHPian

I Have HJC CS 15 and MT Blade 2SV Blaster.
Both are very good. I am using HJC since 2019 and MT since 2022. I have used MT previously also. This is my third MT helmet. In HJC there is a slight wind noise but awesome aerodynamics, it also feels lighter. MT is slightly heavier but absolutely no wind noise. It is a VFM helmet and feels safe. Visor, Foam, Fabric, Paint quality is very good in MT. I didn't like the new MT Mascot logo, it gets damaged soon.
Old 17th July 2024, 10:44   #4133
BHPian

I recently picked up a Caberg Drift Evo helmet from Louis Motorrad in Frankfurt. I went there to pick up the Caberg Avalon X. However, the team there convinced me of the Drift Evo. Here's why:
  • Material: Drift Evo is made of fiberglass while Avalon is made of polycarbonate plastic
  • Weight: As a result of being fiberglass construction, it weighs only 1350 gms
  • Features: The Drift Evo comes with an extra dark visor and pin-lock installed from the factory
  • Safety: Drift Evo comes with a double D ring while Avalon has a ratchet
  • Price: While all the above was enough to convince me, the price swayed me strongly. I got the Drift Evo for 163 euros with all the extras included while Avalon X was selling at 180 euros without a pin-lock or an extra visor
I ride Street Twin, so to be honest, I am not fully convinced about the edgy graphics of the helmet, but I guess I'll be ok with it eventually. Also, Drift evo is ECE 22.05 while the Avalon X is 22.06.

Initial impressions: The helmet is light and relatively quiet at cruising speed. There is a chin curtain blocking road noise but ventilation is a bit compromised for our tropical condition.

Buying experience: Brilliant. They also have a testing zone where you can check your helmet for wind noise. When I tried the two helmets, I found Drift Evo quieter and hence made the final decision.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-20240708_181308.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img20240706wa0077.jpg  

Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet-img20240706wa0081.jpg  

shabih is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 12:08   #4134
BHPian

Quote:
Can you tell me where you picked up the helmet wall mounts from?
Here's the link of the product I ordered:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, I had an issue with the second stand I'd ordered, as it was angled way too low. I had to manually bend it back. The mounting point was also way too forward set, causing it to sag. I had to jugaad-ify that as well. I'd also suggest checking out the below link:

https://www.themotoristcompany.com/p...eys-wall-mount
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks